UoP School of Dentistry Class of 2027* Interview/Acceptance Thread

artist2022

DDS 🦷🎓✔
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Link to last years thread: UoP School of Dentistry Class of 2026* Interview/Acceptance Thread

Link to interview prep: University of the Pacific Arthur A. Dugoni School of Dentistry Interview Feedback
----> Be sure to give feedback on your interview to help future applicants! :)

Link to school website: Arthur A. Dugoni School of Dentistry

Class of 2024 (ADEA Guide) General Stats:
Overall GPA: 3.57
Science GPA: 3.50
DAT: 22.2AA, 21.6TS, 21.8PAT
Applied: 2,076
OOS: 974 Applied, 69 Interviewed, 60 Accepted
IS: 899 Applied, 192 Interviewed, 147 Accepted
International: 203 Applied, 7 Interviewed, 6 Accepted
# Enrolled: 146
Class of 2026 (ADEA Guide) General Stats:
Overall GPA: 3.61
Science GPA: 3.55
DAT: 22.5AA, 22.0TS, 22.0PAT
Applied: 2,142
OOS: 913 Applied, 87 Accepted
IS: 977 Applied, 164 Accepted
International: 252 Applied, 11 Accepted
# Enrolled: 146
5th-95th Percentiles
Science: 3.08-4.00
Overall: 3.16-3.99

Good luck everyone!

*PS: Remember that it's a 3-year program, and that's why it's C/O 2027 and not 2028 ;)

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
anyone get any interviews yet? when do they usually send the first ones out?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Interview #7
Notification date:
8/14
Method of notification: Phone call, then email confirmation
Residency: OOS (AZ)
AADSAS mail-out date: 5/30
Application complete date: 6/2
GPA (science, overall): sGPA: 3.77; Overall: 3.81
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 26 AA, 23 TS, 23 PAT, 30RC, No
Method of interview: In person, but looks like they're offering virtual in late november

Interview #1
Notification date:
8/14
Residency: IS
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/11
Application complete date: 7/13
GPA (science, overall): sGPA: 3.73; Overall: 3.8
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 25 AA, 24 TS, 23 PAT, 24 RC, No
Method of interview: In person

Last edited:
Interview #1
Notification date:
8/14
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/11
Application complete date: 7/13
GPA (science, overall): sGPA: 3.7; Overall: 3.79 (summer classes will raise GPA but not verified yet)
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 25 AA, 24 TS, 23 PAT, 24 RC, No
Do you mind sharing the phone number that called you?

Interview #1
Notification date:
8/23
Residency: OOS (MA)
AADSAS mail-out date: 06/01
Application complete date: 7/01
GPA (science, overall): sGPA: 3.75; Overall: 3.7
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22 AA, 23 TS, 21 PAT, 24 RC, No
Method of interview: Virtual

Interview #4
Notification date
: 08/24
Method of notification: Automated email notification, phone call, then confirmation email
AADSAS mail-out date: 06/26
Application complete date: 07/19
GPA (science, overall): Science: 3.35, Overall: 3.52
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/19/20/30/No

I heard UOP has already sent out most pre-December interviews, is this true?

On Reddit someone said they were scheduled for December 5th for their interview, so probably.

Members don't see this ad :)
Not a surprise. Apply early, folks, and know your mission
It actually is a surprise bc macsak who’s experienced in these sdn threads said “i doubt it” suggesting they usually aren’t done this early

It actually is a surprise bc macsak who’s experienced in these sdn threads said “i doubt it” suggesting they usually aren’t done this early
they usually are not done this early, sorry...

Reactions: 1 users
Correct. We are not done and the class will not be full. We don't have as many interview dates this Fall because of calendar conflicts, including admissions interviews for our international program, the ADEA Fall Conference, student midterm and final exams, and major conferences held in San Francisco this fall -- the APEC CEO Summit AND Dreamforce, which mean hundreds of thousands of visitors and high hotel costs.

Reactions: 7 users
Correct. We are not done and the class will not be full. We don't have as many interview dates this Fall because of calendar conflicts, including admissions interviews for our international program, the ADEA Fall Conference, student midterm and final exams, and major conferences held in San Francisco this fall -- the APEC CEO Summit AND Dreamforce, which mean hundreds of thousands of visitors and high hotel costs.
I stand corrected then. Thanks! Many schools fill their fall spots quickly so it's appreciated when we better understand the context.

Also, how bad is it to not receive an interview pre-december? Is most of the class typically accepted from pre-december interviews or something?

Also, how bad is it to not receive an interview pre-december? Is most of the class typically accepted from pre-december interviews or something?
they just said "the class will not be full"...

Ngl, that gave me hope and it’s the best thing I’ve heard all day

I think they meant if “most” of the class is filled pre-Dec, not IF the class is filled pre-Dec
why don't you go by what they said vs. what you think they meant?

why don't you go by what they said vs. what you think they meant?
Those two things are the same for me. They said “most” in the question so that’s exactly how I interpreted it. You might’ve interpreted the question differently

Those two things are the same for me. They said “most” in the question so that’s exactly how I interpreted it. You might’ve interpreted the question differently
"they" did not say "most" in the question, someone else did...

"they" did not say "most" in the question, someone else did...
No, ongerie said “Is most of the class typically accepted from pre-december interviews or something?”

To which you directly replied: “they just said "the class will not be full"...”

No one else said “most” except the person who you replied to

No, ongerie said “Is most of the class typically accepted from pre-december interviews or something?”

To which you directly replied: “they just said "the class will not be full"...”

No one else said “most” except the person who you replied to

DugoniSchoolOfficial

New Member​

2+ Year Member
JoinedNov 22, 2019Messages2Reaction score9

Like Like Quote Reply

DugoniSchoolOfficial

New Member​

2+ Year Member

View attachment 376626 Like Quote Reply
trust me, they would not have made this post unless there is a SIGNIFICANT departure from previous years...

DugoniSchoolOfficial

New Member​

2+ Year Member

View attachment 376626 Like Quote Reply
Once again, it’s not a matter of IF but rather if MOST of the class has been taken.

MOST referring to >50% of spots being taken

You cannot answer the question “is most of the class typically accepted” with the answer “class will not be full”. That is an incomplete answer.

“Class will not be full” can mean 10%, 20% or even 80% of the class is taken. It does not tell me if MOST of the class has been accepted.

Last edited:
Once again, it’s not a matter of IF but rather if MOST of the class has been taken.

MOST referring to >50% of spots being taken

You cannot answer the question “is most of the class typically accepted” with the answer “class will not be full”. That is an incomplete answer.

“Class will not be full” can mean 10%, 20% or even 80% of the class is taken. It does not tell me if MOST of the class has been accepted.
no one can tell you exactly that, not even dugonischoolofficial can
but most, if not all schools accept the class size or more on decision day
people will drop out since many are accepted to multiple schools, and at most schools, especially the privates, there are tons of spots declined
so your question is moot, since it varies every year
there will be lots of spots still available post decision day at uop, whether through not being selected that date and by people dropping their spots
i am taking DSO's post at face value, and they are not offering all their spots that day...

no one can tell you exactly that, not even dugonischoolofficial can
but most, if not all schools accept the class size or more on decision day
people will drop out since many are accepted to multiple schools, and at most schools, especially the privates, there are tons of spots declined
so your question is moot, since it varies every year
there will be lots of spots still available post decision day at uop, whether through not being selected that date and by people dropping their spots
i am taking DSO's post at face value, and they are not offering all their spots that day...
The original question posed is not what EXACT amount of spots are taken. It is simply are most of the spots typically taken pre-Dec? That is a yes or no question. “Typically” also suggests based on the past, not a future/current estimate.

Last edited:
The original question posed is not what EXACT amount of spots are taken. It is simply are most of the spots typically taken pre-Dec? That is a yes or no question. “Typically” also suggests based on the past, not a future or current estimate.
yes, typically, in the past, all or more than all the spots at most, if not all dental schools are given out on decision day
is that the answer you are looking for?

yes, typically, in the past, all or more than all the spots at most, if not all dental schools are given out on decision day
sorry, it's definitely no all schools give out all the spots on decision day
i know for sure there's one that never does
in fact, at least one year they didn't even offer interviews until january...

Precisely! I know getting exact seat numbers, stats, etc. for the current cycle is difficult so all I wanted to hear was historical trends.

I also know extrapolating from historical data to predict the current cycle is dangerous, but you know what? It provides me the closest thing I can get to certainty in this very uncertain and long admissions process

Three words: trust the process.

Even those of us in admissions can't tell you with any certainty. We have our nightmares up until and through orientation that a seat opens up...
I appreciate the advice but trusting the process doesn’t work for me. I can only trust things that has been proven, in the past, to provide me (not others) with success. How can you put trust in a process that provides an uncertain future? For example, how can you put trust in a medicine that you don’t even know works for you? How can you trust a stranger on the street who you don’t even know?

Fortunately, what has worked is distracting myself with doing things I enjoy in life. Putting time into hobbies to better myself

Last edited:
I appreciate the advice but trusting the process doesn’t work for me. I can only trust things that has been proven, in the past, to provide me with me success. How can you put trust in a process that provides an uncertain future?

Fortunately, what has worked is distracting myself with doing things I enjoy in life. Putting time into hobbies to better myself
We all have to cope with a certain amount of uncertainty. Would you be happier if you knew you had no chance at a spot in the upcoming class? If you don't trust the process, what's the alternative? Getting an ulcer? Getting mad at admissions demanding answers?

We tell everyone, consider yourself rejected until you get the A. Manifest your hopes like we all do here. We hope you get the chance, but you must be patient and uncomfortable with uncertainty. That's what medicine and healthcare is all about. Channel your energy more positively. You and your future peers and patients will appreciate it.

Reactions: 2 users
We all have to cope with a certain amount of uncertainty. Would you be happier if you knew you had no chance at a spot in the upcoming class? If you don't trust the process, what's the alternative? Getting an ulcer? Getting mad at admissions?

We tell everyone, consider yourself rejected until you get the A. Manifest your hopes like we all do here. We hope you get the chance, but you must be patient and uncomfortable with uncertainty. That's what medicine and healthcare is all about.
Yes I agree that uncertainty is always present. I simply disagree that saying “trust the process” will make everything better for everyone. Being more nuanced and detailed, like what you just did talking about dealing with uncertainty, is a better approach.

Also, I already told you the alternative to trusting the process. It’s not getting mad or getting an ulcer. It’s doing things I enjoy to better myself in all parts of my life

Only continuing to stress about the admissions process is only going to make things worse. The best case scenario would be to get off SDN until you get your first interview. Until then, keep enjoying your hobbies and continuing on with life. There’s nothing else you can do once your app is in until your get an interview.

Nothing is guaranteed, sometimes things don’t make sense the way they do admissions. Plenty of people got interviews with same or lower stats than me at schools I was interested in, but I didn’t get one. You can’t compare yourself to just stats alone. People don’t share all information online since they could have a hook that could be identifiable.

Keep trying to enjoy your hobbies and enjoying your free time. Bc come august next year your free time is long gone.

Like others have said, have faith, and trust the process. We’ve all gone through the same emotions and frustrations you have with how they do things. But unfortunately for us, we don’t have power to change it. It’s just how the cookie crumbles. So take a deep breath…exhale…and go enjoy your free time! Plenty of interviews from schools will roll out eventually. It’s still September.

Reactions: 1 users
Only continuing to stress about the admissions process is only going to make things worse. The best case scenario would be to get off SDN until you get your first interview. Until then, keep enjoying your hobbies and continuing on with life. There’s nothing else you can do once your app is in until your get an interview.

Nothing is guaranteed, sometimes things don’t make sense the way they do admissions. Plenty of people got interviews with same or lower stats than me at schools I was interested in, but I didn’t get one. You can’t compare yourself to just stats alone. People don’t share all information online since they could have a hook that could be identifiable.

Keep trying to enjoy your hobbies and enjoying your free time. Bc come august next year your free time is long gone.

Like others have said, have faith, and trust the process. We’ve all gone through the same emotions and frustrations you have with how they do things. But unfortunately for us, we don’t have power to change it. It’s just how the cookie crumbles. So take a deep breath…exhale…and go enjoy your free time! Plenty of interviews from schools will roll out eventually. It’s still September.
Sometimes all I look for is someone to share frustrations with! That’s why I’m on here. I enjoy complaining and venting bc it makes me feel better, in the same way you complain and vent when you talk to a friend or family member.

Ofc I know it’s not gonna make the situation better, but it keeps me distracted and my frustrations are validated when I see people struggle from the same issues

Also at the end of the day, it’s nothing personal, I simply enjoy going on rants. It’s fun! I can’t help it. I appreciate you all for being on here providing us with your words of reassurance

I appreciate the advice but trusting the process doesn’t work for me. I can only trust things that has been proven, in the past, to provide me (not others) with success. How can you put trust in a process that provides an uncertain future? For example, how can you put trust in a medicine that you don’t even know works for you? How can you trust a stranger on the street who you don’t even know?

perhaps you could fill out a full WAMC template, and people can chime in...

Yes I agree that uncertainty is always present. I simply disagree that saying “trust the process” will make everything better for everyone. Being more nuanced and detailed, like what you just did talking about dealing with uncertainty, is a better approach.

Also, I already told you the alternative to trusting the process. It’s not getting mad or getting an ulcer. It’s doing things I enjoy to better myself in all parts of my life
no one is saying that trusting the process will make everything better
realize that you are not in control and trust that things will work out as well as they can
is it always fair and equitable? no, but when is life always fair and equitable...

the future is never certain, that's why you must trust the process...

no one is saying that trusting the process will make everything better
realize that you are not in control and trust that things will work out as well as they can
is it always fair and equitable? no, but when is life always fair and equitable...
Yes, but when it’s not fair and equitable, does that mean we just have to accept it? Ofc not, you just don’t lay down and trust an imperfect admissions process.

Placing your entire trust on the admissions staff means that when they reject you, you will truly believe you are not worthy rather than them making a misjudgment on your application!

the future is never certain, that's why you must trust the process...
I’ve also noticed everytime makes a post on pre-dental saying they are worried, you always tell them this same repetitive line “trust the process” rather than explaining the nuance and details of the situation.

If you had a patient who had anxiety about a procedure would you tell them to just “trust the process”? That’s not very comforting!

Yes, but when it’s not fair and equitable, does that mean we just have to accept it? Ofc not, you just don’t lay down and trust an imperfect admissions process.

Placing your entire trust on the admissions staff means that when they reject you, you will truly believe you are not worthy rather than them making a misjudgment on your application!
We cannot speak for the specific process at UoP but their account has. (which is not the norm!). I don't know what else you can do at this point. If your are inferring that their process is not fair or equitable, no one else here can convince you otherwise.

In the absence of choosing candidates solely by lottery, this is what we have. Changing the process takes more than you think, but the first step is to get in.

I appreciate ranting, but at some point, you have to be constructive with your energy. I'm good with distracting yourself. We all do that. We all should have some hobbies. If not, we should have pets. :)

I’ve also noticed everytime makes a post on pre-dental saying they are worried, you always tell them this same repetitive line “trust the process” rather than explaining the nuance and details of the situation.

If you had a patient who had anxiety about a procedure would you tell them to just “trust the process”? That’s not very comforting!
you see, when you are working on a patient, you have control over the situation
so, you can tell them something other than "trust the process"

the admissions process, you have control over aspects of your application and interview, but other than that, you don't...

so, what is your alternative to lying down and trusting?

please show me where anyone said that a rejection means you are not worthy...

so, what is your alternative to lying down and trusting?

please show me where anyone said that a rejection means you are not worthy...
You’re right there’s no alternative. As a person who attacks stress with action, this is difficult for me bc the solution is inaction. And that’s hard to accept

Guys. Stay on topic. You all are aspiring professionals, act like it. Cut out the name calling and belittling. Any posts after my message here that do not pertain to UoP in terms of interviews/questions about the school will be deleted and the offending users removed.

Reactions: 5 users