Residency: International (Non-Canadian)
AADSAS mail-out date: 5/30
Kira Completed email: 7/20
GPA (science, overall): cGPA: 3.8 sGPA: 3.7
DAT: AA: 22 TS: 21 PAT: 18
(20 QR 30 RC 20 BIO 21 CHE 21 OCHEM)
Method of interview: In-person

Members don't see this ad.

for the people that have got interview invitations, when did you guys submit KIra?
I completed mine on Jun 20, I received confirmation from them around a month later that they received it.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got the Kira link today. Submitted everything July 20th. Let’s hope I get an in person interview ❤️🤞🏻

Reactions: 4 users
I just got an interview invite but I don't feel very drawn to the program now. Should I attend the interview anyway for practice? I live in New York so the trip to Utah seems like an expense.

I just got an interview invite but I don't feel very drawn to the program now. Should I attend the interview anyway for practice? I live in New York so the trip to Utah seems like an expense.
easy. dont go

Reactions: 1 user
don't take an interview spot from someone else that wants it...

Hindsight is 20/20. Sorry you wasted that money on the app. Definitely don't waste money flying out and hotel expenses for a program you're not interested in. What if you bomb the interview and don't gain the practice and confidence you want? Doesn't make sense to interview if you aren't serious.

Just met a DMD who ended up going and graduating from Midwestern in AZ. He was from Maine and he did the same thing but he hated his experience at Roseman and was not into the team building aspect of things….which is fine, but he regretted his decision to go and ultimately got waitlisted and them rejected, lol. I think Roseman is an amazing school and I would love to get an invite—but I think much like finding a proper job, it’s a two way street and if you don’t like the school you’ll have a bad interview AND you’ll have a bad 3 years….so, I would trust your gut other than taking the seat from
Someone else. Even if you have that 4.0. Maybe they will be able to see you aren’t truly there, and you’ll just waste your money and time like this other guy did and ultimately you’ll get into the school you’re meant to be in but hearing you now, it may not be Roseman. And that’s fine. You’re a great applicant none the less. Trust your gut. My no go school is University of Colorado. I interviewed there and I honestly regret having spend the time, effort and most of all-MONEY. Don’t make the mistake I did. I had to fly out from back east as well and it was not fun plus I hated the area and anyhow, yah, don’t learn lessons the hard way I guess. I don’t expect an acceptance from CO and frankly if Roseman called and gave me an interview and spot, I would personally go 🤷🏻‍♂️. Trust your gut.
i thought the 3 year competency based program was appealing in the spring but after reading the other programs of the schools I applied to and considering how my d3 will be competing with d4 make me realize i dont want to be an experiment for roseman. idk why other people here like the program despite of that, though i am also from the east coast.

Members don't see this ad :)
i thought the 3 year competency based program was appealing in the spring but after reading the other programs of the schools I applied to and considering how my d3 will be competing with d4 make me realize i dont want to be an experiment for roseman. idk why other people here like the program despite of that, though i am also from the east coast.
I am from back east but did my undergrad in UT. I would also consider going somewhere you will fit in CULTURALLY. I interviewed at CO and it seemed to me that it would be like UT but It was not at all like Utah. I--HATED-- the culture and the people. The area, etc. Granted, I am from a small town in New England and I prefer rural medicine.....so again, I think you should also look at the program that matches YOU more than anything because it seems that you are extremely qualified applicant and will have no issues getting into all your schools based on your grades and wits...but culture is also a huge part of success. I can tell you already feel uncomfortable with the program and the School as a whole. I wouldn't do it. I already denied CO in my mind based on my interview and seeing that I would legit hate my time there and therefore my academics would suffer immensely. I regret having spend the money to go interview and talk to them....but I also know others who were in my applicant pool interview day that were almost in tears about the place-LOL. I think 100% of schools love it when you are sold to their program so much that you almost act like you just joined a cult and are ready to die for them....SO, if you dont see yourself in Roseman and these issues will pop in your head during your time....or worse, you do come off kinda-meh- during the interview....I think you will waste money and time....idk. I am more practical after my CO experience.

Last edited:
I've heard that if you attend a three-year program, you'll likely need to do a year long internship before getting hired at a practice to get the appropriate clinical hours. Can anyone confirm this?

Good luck everyone! interviews are right around the corner!

Reactions: 3 users
I'm interviewing 8/25, but I'm getting to SLC/South Jordan a couple days early. I want to do a little hiking, but I'm kinda nervous about the prospect of doing that solo. Would anyone want to possibly join? Meeting people ahead of time might take some edge off the interview too.

I am from back east but did my undergrad in UT. I would also consider going somewhere you will fit in CULTURALLY. I interviewed at CO and it seemed to me that it would be like UT but It was not at all like Utah. I--HATED-- the culture and the people. The area, etc. Granted, I am from a small town in New England and I prefer rural medicine.....so again, I think you should also look at the program that matches YOU more than anything because it seems that you are extremely qualified applicant and will have no issues getting into all your schools based on your grades and wits...but culture is also a huge part of success. I can tell you already feel uncomfortable with the program and the School as a whole. I wouldn't do it. I already denied CO in my mind based on my interview and seeing that I would legit hate my time there and therefore my academics would suffer immensely. I regret having spend the money to go interview and talk to them....but I also know others who were in my applicant pool interview day that were almost in tears about the place-LOL. I think 100% of schools love it when you are sold to their program so much that you almost act like you just joined a cult and are ready to die for them....SO, if you dont see yourself in Roseman and these issues will pop in your head during your time....or worse, you do come off kinda-meh- during the interview....I think you will waste money and time....idk. I am more practical after my CO experience.
You interviewed at CU recently but in another post you said you are a current student at CU?

Reactions: 1 users
Did anyone else have to retake their Kira interview? Not sure what went wrong but I tested my video camera and microphone prior and got confirmation of its submission. Then got a separate email asking for me to retake my Kira assessment.

Anyone manage to get the discounted rate for hotel rooms and if so which hotel gave it to you?

Got my Kira invite today. Can someone please tell me what they usually ask in Kira assessment? This is my first kira and I have no clue what to prepare.

Got my Kira invite today. Can someone please tell me what they usually ask in Kira assessment? This is my first kira and I have no clue what to prepare.
I signed a NDA so I can't give you anything in details. Just treat it like an interview so dress up, practice, be professional and you'll be fine.

They also have practice questions for you to get used to the format.

Updating on my previous post, I have decided to withdraw my application despite the interview invite. Going to a dental school is important but doing more research on the area and student body made me realize I'm not a good fit despite what the admission committee thinks.

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know if I can leave the interview early? How long did the days activities last? My flight is at 5 sharp and that is the only available one that I can take.

They interview in groups. The earliest group got done around 2 I believe. You could email the admissions office and request that you be interviewed earlier.

I received my kira confirmation about 3 weeks ago and have not heard anything else. Anyone have any insight on the timeline of the review process at this point in the cycle.

Would anyone who interviewed at Roseman this month be willing to PM me about your experience? Thanks!

Anyone interviewing this Friday received the extra material we were told we’d get the Wednesday before?

Attachments

• IMG_0746.jpeg
    IMG_0746.jpeg
    360.2 KB · Views: 160
How did you feel it went? Any interview questions you were surprised by?
No pretty standard interview questions. There might be a bit of a downtime though depending on which interview group you are.

Just received an email saying they received my Kira assessment today. I completed the assessment on 09/19. How long after receiving this email did they get back to you with an interview? Also, my ADEA ADSAS changed from complete to under review. Is this a bad sign?

Last edited:
Just received an email saying they received my Kira assessment today. I completed the assessment on 09/19. How long after receiving this email did they get back to you with an interview? Also, my ADEA ADSAS changed from complete to under review. Is this a bad sign?
ignore all aadsas changes other than invited for interview accepted or rejected...

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know when Rosman is going to send out the next set of interviews?

Interview #4
Notification Date: 10/16
Method of notification: Email
Residency: OOS
AADSAS mail-out date: 09/10
Kira Completed email: 10/12
GPA (science, overall): cGPA: 3.97 sGPA: 3.97
DAT: AA: 20 TS: 21 PAT: 19
Method of interview: In-person- November 10th

Like Quote Reply

Interview #4
Notification Date: 10/16
Method of notification: Email
Residency: OOS
AADSAS mail-out date: 09/10
Kira Completed email: 10/12
GPA (science, overall): cGPA: 3.97 sGPA: 3.97
DAT: AA: 20 TS: 21 PAT: 19
Method of interview: In-person- November 10th

Like Quote Reply
Just after 4 days of kira you received your interview?

If I attended the first interview date will I most likely hear back on the 15th?

same, kinda weird how they framed it as an acceptance lol.
This school should learn how to draft an email for waitlisted candidates. Stupid folks. It looked like as if it was an acceptance and they let down the applicants.

Reactions: 3 users
Got an email at 11:56am EST for an acceptance but no phone call.. what's up with that, i don't want to get my hopes up but i just feel like it wasn't done how i thought it would be.