Roseman University Class of 2027* Interview/Acceptance Thread

How did they frame it?
Lol it literally said congratulations, we are pleased to inform you... all for a waitlist

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
How did they frame it?
The email just started with “we are pleased to inform you that the admissions committee is offering you a position on our waitlist for the 3 year DMD class of 2027” so the first few words I thought I was accepted

Reactions: 1 user
Got an email at 11:56am EST for an acceptance but no phone call.. what's up with that, i don't want to get my hopes up but i just feel like it wasn't done how i thought it would be.
congrats! that still counts as an acceptance. do you mind sharing your stats and if you’re IS or OS

Members don't see this ad :)
congrats! that still counts as an acceptance. do you mind sharing your stats and if you’re IS or OS
Thank you!
I'm OS, undergrad GPA was a 3.2, then I completed a 1 years MS program in biology and finished with a 3.69GPA. Took the DAT 3 times, most recently got a 22AA, 20TS, 19PAT. Been working as a full time dental assistant for the last two years.

Reactions: 1 users
Thank you!
I'm OS, undergrad GPA was a 3.2, then I completed a 1 years MS program in biology and finished with a 3.69GPA. Took the DAT 3 times, most recently got a 22AA, 20TS, 19PAT. Been working as a full time dental assistant for the last two years.
Your stats are very similar to mine, I’m also taking a masters and worked as a dental assistant! This gave me hope

Accepted via email @11:56am!! OOS

Last edited:
  • Love
Congrats to all who have been accepted! Feel free to DM me if you have any questions about the 3-year program (current D1).

If you were waitlisted, no worries! Many people get accepted after December and there are people in my class that were accepted a few weeks before the program started.

Accepted via email on Friday - very excited / those others accepted - planning to attend roseman??

I’m OOS

• Love
Here is the Roseman DMD class of 2027 group chat for anyone that has been accepted!

Received an invite to interview, does anyone have any tips? Thank you!

Members don't see this ad :)
Interviewed on November 3rd, I was waitlisted on Dec 15th before getting accepted
It is somewhat weird that they waited until January 15th to accept you. Just because they haven't conducted any more interviews yet.

I was also looking at last year's thread, and the first round of acceptance was December 15th. The second round wasn't until February (after more people were interviewed).

It is somewhat weird that they waited until January 15th to accept you. Just because they haven't conducted any more interviews yet.

I was also looking at last year's thread, and the first round of acceptance was December 15th. The second round wasn't until February (after more people were interviewed).
1- there may have been more people turning down their spots this cycle
B- not everyone posts on SDN...

Reactions: 1 users
1- there may have been more people turning down their spots this cycle
B- not everyone posts on SDN...
People also have until January 15th to make a decision/put a deposit down.

Has anyone received any waitlist news? I’m thinking tomorrow hopefully since it’s Feb 1st?

Can I ask why feb 1.. I'm also hoping for waitlist news

Traffic rules change from giving applicants 30 days to decide to 15 days. If schools are planning on updating decisions statuses soon they would likely wait for this date

Accepted off the waitlist at 9am EST!!!! Good luck to everyone waiting, don’t lose hope!

Finalized my deposit and acceptance with Roseman! See y'all in June!

Reactions: 3 users
Does anybody know how many seats are still open?
I saw that the facebook group for the class of 2027 has 47 members so far. So I guess including the people that aren't in the group/ dont have facebook, maybe just over half the seats are taken? im guessing around 50-60 seats left for this cycle.

I saw that the facebook group for the class of 2027 has 47 members so far. So I guess including the people that aren't in the group/ dont have facebook, maybe just over half the seats are taken? im guessing around 50-60 seats left for this cycle.
a school would be foolish to have that many seats open at this point...

a school would be foolish to have that many seats open at this point...
Roseman typically acceptance a smaller number of people in waves. So December 15th around 50 people, next wave another 50, and so on until it is filled. They normally don't send out all of the acceptances until after the last interview, which is february 9th.

Reactions: 3 users
Roseman typically acceptance a smaller number of people in waves. So December 15th around 50 people, next wave another 50, and so on until it is filled. They normally don't send out all of the acceptances until after the last interview, which is february 9th.
So their last interview is February 9? My friend said last year they had until the 17. We thought this year they’re gonna conclude it until that time since sometimes interview slots open up for the remaining applicants.

So their last interview is February 9? My friend said last year they had until the 17. We thought this year they’re gonna conclude it until that time since sometimes interview slots open up for the remaining applicants.
I think Feb 9th is the last date because when I got my interview invite only two days were available for interviews- Jan 26th and Feb 9th. Also havent seen anyone mention an interview date past the 9th on reddit, sdn or the facebook group.

Do y’all know around how many people are put on the waitlist?
i think a lot of people are on the waitlist! myself included. i know 3 others who got put on the waitlist and i also know 4 people who got accepted from the group that i interviewed with. i also know a girl who was waitlisted in december but hasnt heard back yet, and a guy who was waitlisted in dec but got accepted15 days later. they both sent letters of intent. so i literally have no idea how they're picking and choosing who to pull from the list or when we can expect movement!

Do you think most people who interview get waitlisted instead of rejected?

And if so do you think they want to interview the rest of candidates on the 9th then look through everyone including the waitlist then make offers?

And if so do you think they want to interview the rest of candidates on the 9th then look through everyone including the waitlist then make offers?
i think mostly waitlisted, although very few people do get rejected after the interview if the school thinks theyre not a good fit. but for the most part waitlisted bc the interviewees roseman chooses are usually good picks since they did well on the kira, etc. i'm not sure about when people get off the waitlist, but there were a couple of people who got off on feb 1st, which is the same day some people got accepted right after the 1/26 interview. so i guess as soon as people do not make deposits/decline their seats, they pick from recent interviews + waitlisted individuals who stand out.

With there being 47 people in the Facebook group right now? Give or take 20 to 30 people who haven’t joined/ don’t have facebook. Do y’all believe there could be 40-50 spots available?

With there being 47 people in the Facebook group right now? Give or take 20 to 30 people who haven’t joined/ don’t have facebook. Do y’all believe there could be 40-50 spots available?
Yeah! Especially if you look at the facebook groups from 2022, 2023, 2024 etc. They all have like 200 members + and thats because some of the people on there are also just the D3s/D4s who help with orientation, questions etc. so I wouldnt be surprised if there were at least 2-5 people in the fb group rn that are also just there as admins.