UPenn Dental Class of 2028 Interview/Acceptance Thread

submitted my supplemental app awhile ago... yet my status has not changed and i have not received an email saying my app is complete. anyone else experience this?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
submitted my supplemental app awhile ago... yet my status has not changed and i have not received an email saying my app is complete. anyone else experience this?
I submitted a week ago and I got the app completed email today. They said they won't be using the AADSAS application portal to update status.

I still haven't gotten the application complete email. I got the supplemental application received email on July 11th. (Submitted on July 2nd)

Members don't see this ad :)
UPenn is slow to communicate. You’ll find after everything’s complete that they send you monthly emails regarding your app status and it completely throws you off Lmao. Many times I thought it was either an interview invitation or a rejection but nope.

Just gotta be patient. If you know everything was submitted you should be okay

Reactions: 1 users
I got a confirmation email about my application being complete a few hours ago. Anyone else?

I just realized I wrote p/f unranked for UPenn. Will this break my application? I did not make this a big part of my essay, just a sentence, but I feel like the rest of my content was strong. Sorry for being pretentious I'm just anxious during the waiting game.

I just realized I wrote p/f unranked for UPenn. Will this break my application? I did not make this a big part of my essay, just a sentence, but I feel like the rest of my content was strong. Sorry for being pretentious I'm just anxious during the waiting game.
take a deep breath, and relaaaaaax. Small things like that aren't going to ding you. If they're curious they can ask you in an interview, but I highly doubt they would.

I still haven't gotten the application complete email. I got the supplemental application received email on July 11th. (Submitted on July 2nd)
i received that email july 9th, but still no email saying app is complete. im getting nervous... u think we're good if everything in the portal says received?

Reactions: 1 user
i received that email july 9th, but still no email saying app is complete. im getting nervous... u think we're good if everything in the portal says received?
Yep, I think we’re good. Just gotta be patient.

I had a committee letter and 3 letters of recommendation from doctors. Penn got back to me that the letters from doctors needed a letterhead and a signature. I saw on the applicant portal, they technically only need a committee letter or letters from professors.
I had told the doctors that they needed to add signatures and letterheads and they said they would do it but they are very busy. One just submitted today.
I was wondering if Penn would not consider my application during this waiting period even though I technically fulfilled their letter of recommendation requirements?

Members don't see this ad :)
I had a committee letter and 3 letters of recommendation from doctors. Penn got back to me that the letters from doctors needed a letterhead and a signature. I saw on the applicant portal, they technically only need a committee letter or letters from professors.
I had told the doctors that they needed to add signatures and letterheads and they said they would do it but they are very busy. One just submitted today.
I was wondering if Penn would not consider my application during this waiting period even though I technically fulfilled their letter of recommendation requirements?
I had a similar issue as one of my letter writers forgot to add a signature. The email that I received said "Once we receive the requested letter, we will continue to review your application." As stressful as it can be to get ahold of letter writers on short notice, I would just keep emailing, calling, etc. to get those resubmitted as soon as possible.

I got the same email 🥲

I got the same email 🥲

It’s hard. Adding a letter head and signature is complex for some of these doctors. On top of running a practice, this is definitely the last thing they want to do. I don’t even know how to do it LOL

It’s hard. Adding a letter head and signature is complex for some of these doctors. On top of running a practice, this is definitely the last thing they want to do. I don’t even know how to do it LOL

Go to the upenn portal, and request a LOR send to the doc. They will get a link to upload.

I also got an email saying one of mine was missing a letterhead. But now I’m kind of confused. Are we supposed to resend our LORs in the application portal or do they just use them from AADSAS?

I hope it’s not a red flag. But I had a committee letter (all Penn wanted as a necessity) and three letters of recommendations from doctors.
They emailed me about the doctors not including signature and letterhead. 2 of them submitted. 1 of them really doesn’t know how to do it and apologizes because she is so busy. So I just excluded her recommendation request.
Really not trying to waste time of my application not being reviewed for one letter

i think invites are sent in small batches. i got an invite on a different day from the 'very first' invite sent.

Hey all! I submitted my supplemental at the beginning of August-just curious, anyone else apply this late and receive an interview? Not really a WAMC but I have a 24 AA and 4.0 cGPA.

Would y’all mind sharing your stats and when you applied please? Congratulations!
Notification date: 9/25
Method of notification: Email
Residency: PA
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/12
Application complete date: 6/16
Submitted Supplemental: 8/9
GPA (science, overall): sGPA: 4.0 Overall: 3.99
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 26 AA, 25TS, 23PAT, No
Method of interview: Virtual

Reactions: 3 users
on the portal did anybody have a missing "technical and health standards form"? I just signed and uploaded this but don't know when it appeared

Notification date: 9/25
Residency: PA
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/12
Application complete date: 6/16
Submitted Supplemental: 8/9
GPA (science, overall): sGPA: 4.0 Overall: 3.99
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 26 AA, 25TS, 23PAT, No
Congrats, do you know when you receive the completion email from UPENN?

Interview #3
Notification date: 10/4
Residency: NY
AADSAS mail-out date: 5/30
Application complete date: 8/7
Submitted Supplemental: 8/4
GPA (science, overall): sGPA: 3.76 Overall: 3.90
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading): 26 AA, 26TS, 28PAT, 24RC

Interview #3
Notification date: 10/4
Residency: NY
AADSAS mail-out date: 5/30
Application complete date: 8/7
Submitted Supplemental: 8/4
GPA (science, overall): sGPA: 3.76 Overall: 3.90
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading): 26 AA, 26TS, 28PAT, 24RC
does your portal have a technical and health standards form?

do you happen to know when this form appeared in your portal? I have one but didnt get an interview invite and am confused, thanks!

I actually have no idea, I just went into the portal randomly, and it was there

just got an invite this morning (11/1)!!

Interview #7
Notification date: 10/26
Residency: West coast
AADSAS mail-out date: June something
Application complete date: 8/3
GPA (science, overall): sGPA: 4.0 Overall: 4.0
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading): 24 AA, 23TS, 25PAT, 24RC

Got an Interview Invite Yesterday. 3.8 GPA 25 DAT, submitted supplemental early August