Southern Illinois University (SIU) Class of 2028 Interview/Acceptance Thread

I did as well! Got the email about an hour ago

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Congrats to those accepted for those who haven’t heard back are we considered waitlisted?

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats to those accepted for those who haven’t heard back are we considered waitlisted?
I would say you are definitely still in the running to be accepted. Last year I knew people who were waitlisted on acceptance day and eventually accepted AFTER people who didn’t hear anything back at first. I believe they send acceptances in waves, so unless you receive an email saying you are waitlisted or rejected, you should still be in the running!

Hello I have an interview coming up for SIU. Can anyone tell me facts about SIU that would probably blow the interviewer's mind if I mentioned them?

Hello I have an interview coming up for SIU. Can anyone tell me facts about SIU that would probably blow the interviewer's mind if I mentioned them?

Just be yourself it’s not a long interview. Use website to find out more. Ur not blowing anyone’s mind lol

• Haha
Just be yourself it’s not a long interview. Use website to find out more. Ur not blowing anyone’s mind lol
I'm just looking for unique facts to mention about it so it looks like I've done my research, which I have but I just haven't been able to find anything.

I'm just looking for unique facts to mention about it so it looks like I've done my research, which I have but I just haven't been able to find anything.

It’s all on their website. Dig through all the tabs. Good luck.

I interviewed for SIUE in January and was told during the interview that I would not have a final decision until after campus visits that are taking place in March. Has anyone else had a similar experience?? I also got an email from Angela saying thank you for interviewing and that, "The admission committee has your file under final consideration for acceptance. We make decisions on a rolling basis until May 2024." Just wondering if anyone can relate to this and wondering what my chances are of acceptance at this point.

I interviewed for SIUE in January and was told during the interview that I would not have a final decision until after campus visits that are taking place in March. Has anyone else had a similar experience?? I also got an email from Angela saying thank you for interviewing and that, "The admission committee has your file under final consideration for acceptance. We make decisions on a rolling basis until May 2024." Just wondering if anyone can relate to this and wondering what my chances are of acceptance at this point.
everyone gets that email after interviewing. Looks like they won't send more stuff out until March. Idk about chances, but hope for the best. Send LOI in march maybe

everyone gets that email after interviewing. Looks like they won't send more stuff out until March. Idk about chances, but hope for the best. Send LOI in march maybe
Do you know if anyone else has been required to do a campus visit before being provided a decision? It is not something I have ever heard of happening and it seems like an unnecessary step if they are just going to tell me that I have not been accepted.

Do you know if anyone else has been required to do a campus visit before being provided a decision? It is not something I have ever heard of happening and it seems like an unnecessary step if they are just going to tell me that I have not been accepted.
idk anything about a campus visit, never heard of that. What did they say about it? Like you have to attend?

This is what my email said that notified me that I had an interview:

"We will be conducting our interviews in two phases this application cycle. You will first select a Zoom interview below. You will also receive an email with a campus visit invite. Both of the phases must be completed to be considered for acceptance consideration."

During the interview, I asked when I may hear a final decision and both said that nothing would be known until after the campus visit.

Then after the interview, I got an email stating this:

"The admission committee has your file under final consideration for acceptance. We make decisions on a rolling basis until May 2024. Campus visits will be available in March, please watch for an email from me to schedule you visit."

Members don't see this ad :)
This is what my email said that notified me that I had an interview:

"We will be conducting our interviews in two phases this application cycle. You will first select a Zoom interview below. You will also receive an email with a campus visit invite. Both of the phases must be completed to be considered for acceptance consideration."

During the interview, I asked when I may hear a final decision and both said that nothing would be known until after the campus visit.

Then after the interview, I got an email stating this:

"The admission committee has your file under final consideration for acceptance. We make decisions on a rolling basis until May 2024. Campus visits will be available in March, please watch for an email from me to schedule you visit."
Ooooh okay. Fall invites were in person, no zoom. Seems like they split it up into zoom/campus visit for some reason in the spring.

Ooooh okay. Fall invites were in person, no zoom. Seems like they split it up into zoom/campus visit for some reason in the spring.
So a round of fall interviews were already done?? Were those first pick candidates or why are they separating a Fall and Spring group?

So a round of fall interviews were already done?? Were those first pick candidates or why are they separating a Fall and Spring group?
well a lot of schools interview into spring I wouldn't say fall/spring group. People also drop their seats. Fall interviews are done obviously. There's still a chance for the A!

well a lot of schools interview into spring I wouldn't say fall/spring group. People also drop their seats. Fall interviews are done obviously. There's still a chance for the AzThank you for the insight.
Thank you for the insight. It is just very stressful knowing that I am not going to know anything until March. Seems like a long amount of time to be waiting and it makes me uneasy. Also being required to take time off from school and work to fly out there not knowing if I am accepted or not is also a little nerve-wracking but I am hoping for the best.

Thank you for the insight. It is just very stressful knowing that I am not going to know anything until March. Seems like a long amount of time to be waiting and it makes me uneasy. Also being required to take time off from school and work to fly out there not knowing if I am accepted or not is also a little nerve-wracking but I am hoping for the best.
Don't worry I'm in the same boat! Interviewed at the beginning of October, haven't heard any news at all, no waitlist either. Been depressed ever since 🙃

I suddenly saw the group me gain more people. Did anyone hear back this week?

I suddenly saw the group me gain more people. Did anyone hear back this week?

Class is full, the groupme people joining were already accepted and sent the link to join