Creighton University Class of 2028 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Ryxndek

D1 Minnesota
Volunteer Staff
Reaction score
Link to last year's thread: Creighton University Class of 2027 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Link to interview prep: Creighton University School of Dentistry Interview Feedback
----> Be sure to give feedback on your interview to help future applicants! :)

Link to school website: Creighton University School of Dentistry

Class of 2024 (ADEA Guide) General Stats:
Overall GPA: 3.62
Science GPA: 3.49
DAT: 19.6AA, 19.2TS, 20.2PAT
Applied: 1,989
OOS: 1,838 Applied, N/A Interviewed, 222 Accepted
IS: 47 Applied, N/A Interviewed, 16 Accepted
International: 104 Applied, N/A Interviewed, 6 Accepted
# Enrolled: 115
Class of 2026 (ADEA Guide) General Stats:
Overall GPA: 3.62
Science GPA: 3.58
DAT: 19.9AA, 19.4TS, 20.6PAT
Applied: 2,003
OOS: 1,825 Applied, 220 Accepted
IS: 60 Applied, 23 Accepted
International: 118 Applied, 4 Accepted
# Enrolled: 114
5th-95th Percentiles
Science: 3.19-3.98
Overall: 3.10-3.98

**With the death of Dr.Norton this past year, it is unclear how Creighton will conduct interviews this cycle. Typically they have interviewed only in the late summer/early fall, though this could change.

Good luck everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I submitted my supplemental application today for Creighton. I received an email that they got the supplemental fee. Since the payment of the fee was part of the supplemental application, does the receipt email reflect that I successfully submit my supplemental application?

I submitted my supplemental application today for Creighton. I received an email that they got the supplemental fee. Since the payment of the fee was part of the supplemental application, does the receipt email reflect that I successfully submit my supplemental application?
It should. They will also send you an email confirming receipt of everything and officially say your app is complete and will be under review

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone received an interview invite from Creighton as of yet? If so, when is it for and is it in person?

Has anyone received an interview invite from Creighton as of yet? If so, when is it for and is it in person?
Due to the unexpected death of Dr. Norton last year, I think their logistics for interviews this cycle got thrown into a loop. So they might have their interviews sent later this cycle. Usually, they start in July/August and wrap up late fall-ish based on previous years. But that might change this year it seems

Reactions: 1 users
I am a D1 at creighton and love it so far. Feel free to ask me any questions. I’m not sure how the admissions will work this year without Dr. Norton being the head of it.

I am a D1 at creighton and love it so far. Feel free to ask me any questions. I’m not sure how the admissions will work this year without Dr. Norton being the head of it.
So glad to hear you love it! Creighton kinda came out of nowhere for me (I am OOS), but now it is at the top of my list. How friendly is the atmosphere? I really do not want to go somewhere with ultra competitive atmosphere... I really want to make great friends at school

Who got a Creighton interview? Apparently they were sent out today?

So glad to hear you love it! Creighton kinda came out of nowhere for me (I am OOS), but now it is at the top of my list. How friendly is the atmosphere? I really do not want to go somewhere with ultra competitive atmosphere... I really want to make great friends at school
Atmosphere so far has been incredibly friendly. Professors are always super willing to help and want to help out whenever possible. I went to a large state school in Undergrad and didn’t feel connected with a ton of people or the faculty. At Creighton I have 10+ people in my class I can see being lifelong friends with. I wouldn’t say it isn’t competitive because dental school attracts competitive people but I haven’t met anyone who wasn’t willing to help you study or work on a dental project due to competing or anything like that. One of Creighton’s biggest strengths is the clinical education you will receive is top notch. It’s not uncommon for people to leave school with 20-30+ root canals under their belt. I’ve heard of people interested in OMFS placing 5-10 implants in school as well (heard from a D4 but don’t know first hand).

Atmosphere so far has been incredibly friendly. Professors are always super willing to help and want to help out whenever possible. I went to a large state school in Undergrad and didn’t feel connected with a ton of people or the faculty. At Creighton I have 10+ people in my class I can see being lifelong friends with. I wouldn’t say it isn’t competitive because dental school attracts competitive people but I haven’t met anyone who wasn’t willing to help you study or work on a dental project due to competing or anything like that. One of Creighton’s biggest strengths is the clinical education you will receive is top notch. It’s not uncommon for people to leave school with 20-30+ root canals under their belt. I’ve heard of people interested in OMFS placing 5-10 implants in school as well (heard from a D4 but don’t know first hand).
also forgot to mention but most people (95% i’d say) are OOS in my class since it is a private school that tends to be the case.

competitiveness is usually a class by class thing rather than a school thing...

Members don't see this ad :)
Got an II on Tuesday! It was for three separate virtual interviews either next week or the week after.
On Fridays there's a "meet the dean" followed by Q&A with students. It's two hours long. I work full time and will try to sneak away for 30 min intervals but....can anyone tell me about the student Q&A? Is that something I can multitask in if I get an urgent work call or something? Or do I definitely need to find a way to get the day off?

Got an II on Tuesday! It was for three separate virtual interviews either next week or the week after.
On Fridays there's a "meet the dean" followed by Q&A with students. It's two hours long. I work full time and will try to sneak away for 30 min intervals but....can anyone tell me about the student Q&A? Is that something I can multitask in if I get an urgent work call or something? Or do I definitely need to find a way to get the day off?
Can you share your stats?

That's a first-quartile casper move....... Jk. Congrats on the MD interview, that's a big accomplishment!
So do we think this means invites actually haven’t gone out?? I haven’t heard anybody else say they got one yet

So do we think this means invites actually haven’t gone out?? I haven’t heard anybody else say they got one yet
invites have been given out
first day sent : sept4
first available date: sept 11
format: online

I called Creighton today. Can confirm that interview invites have not been sent out. I was told that they are "shooting for the last week of September, but not to be surprised if it is later" for the first round of interviews to be sent out. They said they haven't even finalized the interview schedule.

Reactions: 5 users
I called Creighton today. Can confirm that interview invites have not been sent out. I was told that they are "shooting for the last week of September, but not to be surprised if it is later" for the first round of interviews to be sent out. They said they haven't even finalized the interview schedule.
You are appreciated! 😭

Reactions: 3 users
You are a legend my friend. Thank you for the update!

Based on the discussion on this thread, I'm not sure if this is the first round of invites but invitations were sent out today. It's virtual interviews and a mandatory in person tour with several dates for options.

Based on the discussion on this thread, I'm not sure if this is the first round of invites but invitations were sent out today. It's virtual interviews and a mandatory in person tour with several dates for options.
Did you submit your app pretty early?

I received an interview invitation today and submitted my application in early August. Today was 100% the first round of invites. The first interview slots are Monday morning.

I received an interview invitation today and submitted my application in early August. Today was 100% the first round of invites. The first interview slots are Monday morning.
Sounds good. Congratulations! Would you mind sharing your stats?

no.it wasn't the first round, sorry
look up higher in this thread...

Interview 5
School: Creighton
Notification date: 10/13/2023
Method of notification: Email
Residency: OOS
AADSAS mail-out date: 09/01/2023
Application complete: 09/06/2023
GPA (overall, science): 3.72, 3.5
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 26/26/23/24/none

Anyone else got an email asking for updates for their spring 2024 upcoming interview process?

Anyone else got an email asking for updates for their spring 2024 upcoming interview process?
they probably should've waited until after dec 15, but that's just one man's opinion...

If my status hasn't changed to "check back Dec 15" am I out of luck for an acceptance on friday???

If my status hasn't changed to "check back Dec 15" am I out of luck for an acceptance on friday???
Mine hasn't either, I'm not too concerned. Seems unlikely that they would use the portal to announce acceptances early. Luckily, we will get out answer very soon hahaha.

Mine hasn't either, I'm not too concerned. Seems unlikely that they would use the portal to announce acceptances early. Luckily, we will get out answer very soon hahaha.
It just seems from last year’s acceptance thread that it led to being accepted Dec 15. Still hopeful though!

It just seems from last year’s acceptance thread that it led to being accepted Dec 15. Still hopeful though!
Do we know if they are even doing it this year? I haven't seen anyone say their status has changed to that.

A guy in the discord showed a screenshot that his had changed. He’s a Creighton alum too.
Only time will tell, all we can do is hope it means nothing. On another note, good luck everyone! The big day is practically on our doorstep.

Current D1 here!

My experience was that the school released acceptances at, or around, midnight of the 14th/15th. I fell asleep and checked mine around 12:30am.

However, the current cycle might be different (it might not be) based on the change in the admissions with the loss of Dr. Norton.

Hopefully, all of you guys that have been touring over the last few months hear good news tonight!

Good luck to everyone! Stay positive!

Last edited:
  • Care
Reactions: 2 users