Southern Illinois University (SIU) Class of 2028 Interview/Acceptance Thread

artist2022

DDS 🦷🎓✔
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Link to last years thread: Southern Illinois University Class of 2027 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Link to interview prep: Southern Illinois University School of Dental Medicine Interview Feedback
----> Be sure to give feedback on your interview to help future applicants

Link to school website: SIU School of Dental Medicine

Class of 2024 (ADEA Guide) General Stats:
Overall GPA: 3.65
Science GPA: 3.57
DAT: 19.9AA, 19.4TS, 20.6PAT
Applied: 632
OOS: 280 Applied, 24 Interviewed, 16 Accepted
IS: 337 Applied, 153 Interviewed, 66 Accepted
International: 15 Applied, 0 Interviewed, 0 Accepted
# Enrolled: 50
Class of 2026 (ADEA Guide) General Stats:
Overall GPA: 3.67
Science GPA: 3.58
DAT: 21.0AA, 20.4TS, 20.4PAT
Applied: 716
OOS: 376 Applied, 8 Accepted
IS: 320 Applied, 77 Accepted
International: 20 Applied, 0 Accepted
# Enrolled: 49
5th-95th Percentiles
Science: 2.91-3.96
Overall: 3.15-3.97

Good luck everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Members don't see this ad :)
has anyone gotten an interview invite yet?
No, from what I know they send invites in September/October. They said in email: Southern Illinois University School of Dental Medicine will not send updates until late August - early September for the 2024 cycle.

Reactions: 1 user
No, from what I know they send invites in September/October. They said in email: Southern Illinois University School of Dental Medicine will not send updates until late August - early September for the 2024 cycle.
yes i saw the email that said that but wasn't sure if anything had gone out since its the last day of aug!! thank you!! good luck

yes i saw the email that said that but wasn't sure if anything had gone out since its the last day of aug!! thank you!! good luck
I'm anxiously waiting! it'll be soon. Good luck :)

Anyone hear from SIU yet? It says on the invite tracker thread that they were sent out yesterday...

I got an interview invite on Monday so 2 days ago. Mines scheduled for next week so I'll be sure to keep you guys posted on how it goes!

can you provide the modality of the interview available to you, and are you able to be specific on what day the first available interview is?
Yes of course. The interview is in person. They offered any day next week but I chose Wednesday because that works best for me. My interview starts at 11:30

Members don't see this ad :)
does anyone know if they send all their invites at once or do rolling invites? was not sure since they started sending invites a little later than other schools

does anyone know if they send all their invites at once or do rolling invites? was not sure since they started sending invites a little later than other schools
i looked at past threads, its rolling. Invites will keep coming!

Interview #3
Notification date:
9/16
Method of notification: Email
Residency: In-state
AADSAS mail-out date: 5/31
Application complete date: 6/1
GPA (science, overall): sGPA: 3.82; Overall: 3.86
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22 AA, 22 TS, 17 PAT, No sections below 17
Method of interview: In Person, October dates 2-31, November 1st (you pick top 3 choices)

Last edited:
Interview
Notification date:
9/16
Residency: IS
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/10/23
Application complete date: 6/29/23 (I was waiting on letters of rec, but I was verified 6/13)
GPA (science, overall): Science 3.71, Overall 3.70
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/any section below a 17): 22/23/19/none
Method of interview: In person

Interview #3
Notification date:
9/16
Residency: IS
AADSAS mail-out date: 08/1
Application complete date: 08/24
GPA (science, overall): sGPA: 3.33 Overall: 3.77
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 18 AA, 19TS, 16 PAT, 17 QR
Interview date options: The first and second week of October

Interview #3
Notification date:
9/11
Residency: OOS (STL, MO)
AADSAS mail-out date: 06/23
Application complete date: 07/02
GPA (science, overall): sGPA: 3.46 Overall: 3.59
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 24AA, 24TS, 21 PAT, 25 RC, lowest is 20 QR
Interview date options: Week of 9/18

Did anyone else's status change from Invited to Interview to Received/Under Review after their interview?

Does SIU send out all 50 acceptances on Friday or do they split it up into sections? Has anyone asked!

Looks like SIU updated the status to "check back on december 15" , congrats if you received it!

its on AADSAS portal, I did not receive it but i know others have
If it says “check back on December 15” does that mean you got accepted? And if it says “received/application complete” does that mean you didn’t get accepted?

If it says “check back on December 15” does that mean you got accepted? And if it says “received/application complete” does that mean you didn’t get accepted?
it seems indicative of dec 15 acceptance, not getting it doesn't mean you wont get accepted later on

it seems indicative of dec 15 acceptance, not getting it doesn't mean you wont get accepted later on
So if we didn't get the status change does that for sure mean we won't get an acceptance tomorrow? Just curious

So if we didn't get the status change does that for sure mean we won't get an acceptance tomorrow? Just curious
They'll be emailing tonight, from past years-- no, most likely not. Its not over though!

Did anyone who interview not hear anything back? I interviewed in September and didn’t receive a waitlist email or a rejection email so I’m a little confused.

Did anyone who interview not hear anything back? I interviewed in September and didn’t receive a waitlist email or a rejection email so I’m a little confused.
i didnt hear anything. Just gotta wait until January/feb :/

Hi everyone, here’s the link to the group me for the class of 2028!

You're invited to my new group 'SIU Class of 2028' on GroupMe. Click here to join: GroupMe

Same with me. Anyone know when we might hear something? Wondering if it will be after January 15 when accepted people have 30 days to say if they are going or not

Same with me. Anyone know when we might hear something? Wondering if it will be after January 15 when accepted people have 30 days to say if they are going or not

Mid January according to Angela so the week of Jan 15

Accepted! Got email right now