Midwestern-Illinois Class of 2028 Interview/Acceptance Thread

It’s because they don’t send out any denials, so everyone they interview is waitlisted and are all left hanging.
They do send out denials, there has been some people that received denials after interviewing. They still are going through the waitlist and sending out acceptances. It depends when then get through it all.

Members don't see this ad.

They do send out denials, there has been some people that received denials after interviewing. They still are going through the waitlist and sending out acceptances. It depends when then get through it all.
At my interview in March they said, “ you will either get an invite to our program or waitlisted.” Someone then raised their hand and said so no denial and they said no.

At my interview in March they said, “ you will either get an invite to our program or waitlisted.” Someone then raised their hand and said so no denial and they said no.
I saw last years trend and it makes sense seems they should be done by the end of may with the acceptances.

Members don't see this ad :)
Gonna be honest, its just nice to have some people to talk to with similar stresses and hurdles. It gets the edge off knowing I'm not alone.

Reactions: 3 users
For those that have yet to receive an answer from MWU, can someone DM me or reply to this thread (for those that limit their profile being seen) on what they plan on doing for this upcoming cycle in the case they are also re-applying?

For those that have yet to receive an answer from MWU, can someone DM me or reply to this thread (for those that limit their profile being seen) on what they plan on doing for this upcoming cycle in the case they are also re-applying?
crying, getting a job as a dental assistant or specimen accessor, struggle to get a GF, more crying, and deal with my quarter*-life crisis.

crying, getting a job as a dental assistant or specimen accessor, struggle to get a GF, more crying, and deal with my quarter*-life crisis.
I would be going into my second gap year 😭have to retake the DAT and planned on possibly doing a masters program but then what I'm concerned about is what if I do a masters program and still don’t get in next cycle….

Last edited:
If it helps anyone just a little they did have 3 drops from there fb yesterday. So don’t lose hope.

Reactions: 7 users
I would be going into my second gap year 😭have to retake the DAT and planned on possibly doing a masters program but then what I'm concerned about is what if I do a masters program and still don’t get in next cycle….
I'm exploring masters program but honestly I can't justify spending $40K+ for a program when the cost of dental school is already atrocious

I'm exploring masters program but honestly I can't justify spending $40K+ for a program when the cost of dental school is already atrocious
The way I see it is that, yes, you're adding more debt but it will lead to decently paid job. Here's what you could do- find a masters that could definitely help get you a well-paying job. If dental school hits that fan, at least you can get a backup that still kinda pays well.

Reactions: 1 user
Waitlisted as well since December…it’s comforting that a lot of you guys are also in the same boat praying we all get in somewhere! As for me I’m planning on retaking my DAT and reapplying for the next cycle if MWU calls then so be it

Reactions: 3 users
Waitlisted as well since December…it’s comforting that a lot of you guys are also in the same boat praying we all get in somewhere! As for me I’m planning on retaking my DAT and reapplying for the next cycle if MWU calls then so be it
Waitlisted since December as well. I’m planning on doing the same. Making minor edits to personal statement and also retaking DAT. I just wonder what the loan process looks like if you get in the week before classes begin

Waitlisted since December as well. I’m planning on doing the same. Making minor edits to personal statement and also retaking DAT. I just wonder what the loan process looks like if you get in the week before classes begin
The school makes accommodations for those that are accepted that late. You’ll essentially work with one of their people to help you with finances and they will walk you through it.

If anyone wants a study buddy for this next cycle, or someone that I can rant to, or for you to rant to please let me know lol. Part of me still thinks it isn't over yet, and I dont know why but I feel like they'll do one small round of interviews by may and pick out a few and or select from the waitlist. Goodluck to everyone and don't give up