2023-2024 East Carolina (Brody)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Members don't see this ad :)
Oof the way we only have two state-funded schools depresses me. especially because Brody only takes about 85 people:eek:
No for real. I hoped that we would have some sort of partnership with neighboring states but NOPE.

Reactions: 1 users
Just curious. People that got recent interviews, how far out were some of the interview dates? Their website says they only interview into January, so I'm just trying to get some context. 😅

Just curious. People that got recent interviews, how far out were some of the interview dates? Their website says they only interview into January, so I'm just trying to get some context. 😅
I interviewed this past Tuesday and I received the invite like 2.5-3 weeks prior to that. the other dates on the email listed were booked by the time i checked

Does anyone know how long it usually takes to hear back after submitting II?
Completely depends and is impossible to know. You just have to trust that some eyes will see your file eventually and you’ll get an update, good or bad.

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know how long it usually takes to hear back after submitting II?

Just for future reference, II actually stands for Interview Invite and not Secondary! I was very confused for a long time until somebody told me that lol.

Has anyone been asked to update or edit anything on their secondary? I was asked to resubmit my residency determination request because it expires in 90 days and got my in state results today. Do I call the school to confirm or do they automatically see it?

Has anyone been asked to update or edit anything on their secondary? I was asked to resubmit my residency determination request because it expires in 90 days and got my in state results today. Do I call the school to confirm or do they automatically see it?
check if the NCID changed or not from when you first submitted it

I've heard through friends and on reddit that Brody, Wake, and UNC usually don't interview the same people, has anyone else heard this? Trying to gaslight myself over here lmao

I've heard through friends and on reddit that Brody, Wake, and UNC usually don't interview the same people, has anyone else heard this? Trying to gaslight myself over here lmao
I've heard from ECU and UNC but it has been crickets from Wake. I completed my app 7/31 too. lmao

M4 chiming in again: I interviewed at both ECU and UNC. I can understand this being a rumor, but I think what it's grounded in is that all three of these schools are looking for slightly different types of people to fit their "mission" etc and they aren't always going to overlap.

Hi! I haven't heard this but personally I've interviewed with all 3 schools this cycle! They were also my first interviews!

Fun moment of levity: I interviewed in September and am waiting for an update. Today I got a call from an unknown number with a (252) area code. I answered hoping it was admissions…. Nope. Someone was trying to reach me about my car’s extended warranty.

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
IS II JUST NOW!!!!! Activities complete email was received 9/25! LET'S GO!

Reactions: 6 users
Interviewed 10/24 and just received an email inviting me to an on campus tour. Did everyone get this?

Reactions: 3 users
For those who got accepted, how long did it take from your interview date until you heard an answer?

For those who got accepted, how long did it take from your interview date until you heard an answer?
current M4 to provide a little insight on this, my apologies if this is already common knowledge.

my understanding is that applicants post-interview are divided into three piles: accept now, reject, or continue to consider. if you're in the "accept now" pile you should hear back within a few weeks as the other poster stated, but if they put you in the "continue to consider" pile, they can and do reevaluate, and offer acceptances to, people in this pile through April. I had multiple classmates who interviewed in the fall and didn't hear back with their acceptance till early spring. it's a long process and the uncertainty sucks, but don't lose hope if it's been a month or two since your interview and you've heard nothing - you're not out of the running yet.

Reactions: 3 users