2023-2024 Charles R Drew

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Nope, I truly think the craziest and most unfair part of this is they were able to send out 4000 rejection letters for pre/post interviews and acceptances but those of us left are supposed to just sit around with no idea what's going on
It kinda seems like no news is still probably good news. Chose your medical school tool just opened so they will probably officially send As and WL to those remaining once they run the numbers of who isn’t planning to attend.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
It’s unprofessional at this point lol

Agreed - I sent a friendly email last week asking a question (not about waitlist or admissions decisions) and the email I got back was one line with no punctuation lol.

Edit: or greeting, or capitalization, or anything. It was four words

Last edited:
  • Okay...
  • Wow
Reactions: 5 users
Agreed - I sent a friendly email last week asking a question (not about waitlist or admissions decisions) and the email I got back was one line with no punctuation lol.

Edit: or greeting, or capitalization, or anything. It was four words
Weeks ago I got an email from them so I responded and got a one word response. Couldn’t help but laugh. I agree that’s probably not super professional on their behalf lol

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Weeks ago I got an email from them so I responded and got a one word response. Couldn’t help but laugh. I agree that’s probably not super professional on their behalf lol
Did y’all just get the email saying waitlist letters are going out after May 1? Doesn’t that defeat the purpose of a waitlist lol

Reactions: 7 users
Did anyone else just get that email? What are we right now if not waitlisted? 😩😩

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users
Did y’all just get the email saying waitlist letters are going out after May 1? Doesn’t that defeat the purpose of a waitlist lol
Yup! Just got it. I don’t understand the rationale of sending out WL letters so late.

Yup! Just got it. I don’t understand the rationale of sending out WL letters so late.
Tbh I don’t even trust the May 1 date, they released R’s two weeks before Feb 15 and gave acceptances randomly then ghosted us

So rn we are just in waitlist or A limbo and then after May 1st we will be in waitlist or R limbo lmao

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users
So rn we are just in waitlist or A limbo and then after May 1st we will be in waitlist or R limbo lmao
They already sent out A’s so we are in waitlist limbo but they’ll be kind enough to officially waitlist us May 1 when it literally doesn’t matter anymore

• Sad
Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Not the waitlist for the waitlist

The email def would’ve been more complete with “At this time, we are…. XXX” instead of like “fill in the blanks yourself but also follow your dreams”

But I will keep waiting patiently I suppose

If they sent out the acceptances and have a committed class, cant they just put everyone else on the waitlist? Does this imply that they will continue sending out acceptances until May 1? After which anyone else remaining will be placed on the waitlist?

If they sent out the acceptances and have a committed class, cant they just put everyone else on the waitlist? Does this imply that they will continue sending out acceptances until May 1? After which anyone else remaining will be placed on the waitlist?
You might be right tbh, I’m just trying to not be emotionally invested anymore and moving on with my life

I feel like that email kinda oddly gave me closure… Ever since the early first wave of acceptances, I’ve been constantly refreshing SDN and my emails. I have now come to terms that I’m probably waitlisted, and it’s ok 🥲🥲

• Care
The real question is… did any accepted students receive this email?

• Hmm
  • Haha
The email sucks bc like whatttt... 5/1...? But I think there'll be more movement.

Reactions: 1 user
Can someone paste the email on here?
Dear Medical School Applicants,

We hope this message finds you well and in good spirits. We understand that the application process can be a challenging journey, and we commend you for your dedication and hard work in pursuing your dreams of becoming a physician.

We are writing to inform you that waitlist letters for the Charles R. Drew University College of Medicine will be released after May 1, 2024. This date has been set to give you ample time to prepare and plan accordingly.

Please be sure to check your email regularly, including your spam or junk folders, as communications may sometimes be filtered into these areas.

In the meantime, we encourage you to stay focused and continue to pursue your passions and goals. Your dedication and perseverance will not go unnoticed, and we wish you the best of luck in your journey to becoming a physician.

Warm regards,

George Marks MD

Chair, CDU COM Admissions Committee

Reactions: 2 users

We hope this message finds you well and in good spirits. We understand that the application process can be a challenging journey, and we commend you for your dedication and hard work in pursuing your dreams of becoming a physician.

We are writing to inform you that waitlist letters for the Charles R. Drew University College of Medicine will be released after May 1, 2024. This date has been set to give you ample time to prepare and plan accordingly.

Please be sure to check your email regularly, including your spam or junk folders, as communications may sometimes be filtered into these areas.

In the meantime, we encourage you to stay focused and continue to pursue your passions and goals. Your dedication and perseverance will not go unnoticed, and we wish you the best of luck in your journey to becoming a physician.

Warm regards,

George Marks MD

I didn't get this :/ not sure what this means

Idk if I’m overanalyzing the email but are they saying we are on the waitlist but don’t expect an email until May 1st?? Idk anymore I’m confused

This doesn’t make sense for me. How do I prepare if med schools starts 3 months after…CDU UR KILLING ME. I just don’t get any of this urgh

This doesn’t make sense for me. How do I prepare if med schools starts 3 months after…CDU UR KILLING ME. I just don’t get any of this urgh
Yes, this part didn’t make sense to me either! Are they letting us know softly that we are on the waitlist along with recommending that we “plan accordingly.” Not even sure at this point.

wait, so there are some people who interviewed and haven't received a rejection letter who didn't receive this email???
That’s what it’s looking for me. I interviewed earlier in the cycle and haven’t gotten the R or this particular email. So confused

That’s what it’s looking for me. I interviewed earlier in the cycle and haven’t gotten the R or this particular email. So confused
Praying your A is coming so soon that they didn’t need to send this email

Currently on Q&A Zoom for accepted students. Question that came up about the CYMS. Like many schools they are waiting to see who chooses CDU for Plan to Enroll. No additional information about exact days for A/W/R!

• Care
Currently on Q&A Zoom for accepted students. Question that came up about the CYMS. Like many schools they are waiting to see who chooses CDU for Plan to Enroll. No additional information about exact days for A/W/R!
Do all schools do it this way? It seems strange to have a Q&A a week after giving out acceptances and did all 60 show up?

Do all schools do it this way? It seems strange to have a Q&A a week after giving out acceptances and did all 60 show up?
I just think it’s so weird that they sent exactly 60 As for 60 spots. Schools normally extend more As than that prior to the CYMS tool becoming available.

Last edited:
There is another Q&A for MD applicants on Mar 8, 2024 11:30 AM... So... Maybe we will know more during that info session

There is another Q&A for MD applicants on Mar 8, 2024 11:30 AM... So... Maybe we will know more during that info session
We weren’t allowed to ask about admissions during the last one and the lady cut it short because she forgot she was double booked

What was the trend like last year regarding acceptances? Kind of scared of the ghosting 😓

Yes i got that too.. I think shordy just wasnt sure if she was ready for a relationship then so wanted to keep me on my toes

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
Yes i got that too.. I think shordy just wasnt sure if she was ready for a relationship then so wanted to keep me on my toes
Congrats!!! It just shows how dumb that email was, they could’ve just told us the waitlist rank lol

this school just loves bringing me never ending anxiety.

Reactions: 6 users

Warm regards,

George Marks MD

It's just a process letter.

Read

It's just a process letter.

Read

Didnt you post this already?

Does Charles Drew accept letters of intent? If they do, do I email or upload to the portal? I can't find info on it. Had an interview in November and got the pending waitlist email when it was sent out.

Does Charles Drew accept letters of intent? If they do, do I email or upload to the portal? I can't find info on it. Had an interview in November and got the pending waitlist email when it was sent out.
Yes they do. You can send it to admission email.