2023-2024 Charles R Drew

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Do we get a notification for being on the waitlist? Or if you don't hear anything today that means waitlist? This process is so darn unpredictable and I wish we would hear answers in a consistent manner D:

Can someone email/call the office to ask if all communication has been sent out for today 🫣 And if it has, will they inform us of our position number in the waitlist

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Can someone email/call the office to ask if all communication has been sent out for today 🫣 And if it has, will they inform us of our position number in the waitlist
I nominate you 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I called but no one answered and I chickened out on emailing

• Care
  • Haha
Reactions: 8 users
I called but no one answered and I chickened out on emailing

Youre the realest OMG
giphy.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
I think they might not all be sent out today "Offers of admission: February 15, 2024, until class sixty spots are filled." And my interviewer said February and March, not really emphasizing the 15th. :confused:

Reactions: 4 users
I think they might not all be sent out today "Offers of admission: February 15, 2024, until class sixty spots are filled." And my interviewer said February and March, not really emphasizing the 15th. :confused:

I think the assumption is that they wouldve sent out the first batch of 60 initial acceptances by today and pull people off the waitlist once those initial applicants decline their offers. Im not even sure if they sent out 60 so far? Maybe less than half?

Last edited:
I’m glad we’re all in this together. Might be my favorite school thread

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 9 users
Members don't see this ad :)
anyone else not hear back at all yesterday?😅

Reactions: 10 users
Is there a possibility that they sent more than 60 already? 😣

• Sad
Is there a possibility that they sent more than 60 already? 😣
It’s def possible, it’s just weird that they haven’t sent any WL/Rs at all or any communication in general

Reactions: 3 users
Just to be transparent, accepted students received a Zoom link for a Q and A with admin. The email was sent to exactly 60 ppl - not sure what this means but wanted to share it in case someone finds it helpful!!

• Wow
Just to be transparent, accepted students received a Zoom link for a Q and A with admin. The email was sent to exactly 60 ppl - not sure what this means but wanted to share it in case someone finds it helpful!!
Thank you! Dang, so I assume the group of us that haven’t received an A or R make up the WL. I wish they would at least communicate better 😭

Thanks for sharing—so it seems like they sent out 60 initial acceptances?

It seems like a lot of premeds are on SDN these days, so interesting that not even 15 ppl posted receiving an A on here...i could be wrong, but wouldn't be surprised if the people who received an A have other options and aren't that pressed to attend CDU.. who knows...this process can be frustrating to say the least..

Thank you! Dang, so I assume the group of us that haven’t received an A or R make up the WL. I wish they would at least communicate better 😭
Np! Tbh, I feel you on the communication aspect. I'm kinda fed up with the borderline unprofessional communication habits that medical schools participate in, just because they can (not singling out CDU, a bunch of medical schools are guilty of this). It's honestly kinda sad this info has to be shared by a SDN user rather than the admin

And yup, I'd agree!

The lack of communication is frustrating! If they aren't going to email WL/R status etc, it should at least be visible on the portal :/

Reactions: 6 users
The lack of communication is frustrating! If they aren't going to email WL/R status etc, it should at least be visible on the portal :/
100000%
The lack of communication is ridiculous.

Reactions: 5 users
i know drew is a separate school now but when I previously interviewed for the drew/ucla program, i interviewed in oct and didn’t get my rejection until july. I did get a still under review email in april but i was never explicitly waitlisted or rejected even though many others on SDN had formally gotten waitlisted or rejected… so it felt like they were just keeping ppl around in case they burned through their waitlist. hopefully they do a better job of letting applicants know exactly where they stand because there is no way that they are not familiar with how draining this process is. sending an immense amount of love to those also still waiting to hear back. y’all are really doing amazing 🤍

Last edited:
  • Care
Reactions: 6 users
This still just doesn’t make sense to me. Why send out an email for a Q&A when some of those 60 people might not commit to going to the school

Reactions: 2 users
If you don’t mind, how long do you guys have to make acceptance deposit or to let them know you are going there?

If you don’t mind, how long do you guys have to make acceptance deposit or to let them know you are going there?
A specific commit to enroll date was not disclosed anywhere, and the only timeline mentioned was in regards to accepting the offer within 2 weeks (here's the exact wording): "To hold your place in the class, you must respond via email, an online portal on WebAdMIT, email ([email protected]), and the Choose Your Medical School (CYMS) Tool within two weeks of receipt of this letter." I'm pretty sure this is referring to the "plan to enroll" designation on the CYMS tool, but this option isn't binding or final in any way so I'm really not sure when final decisions have to be made!

This still just doesn’t make sense to me. Why send out an email for a Q&A when some of those 60 people might not commit to going to the school
Tbh, your guess is as good as mine haha. And just to further support your message, I just declined my acceptance offer at CDU - I'm manifesting that my acceptance be given to one of you on SDN!! Good luck everyone!! You're going to do great things in medicine!!! :)

• Care
Reactions: 17 users
A specific commit to enroll date was not disclosed anywhere, and the only timeline mentioned was in regards to accepting the offer within 2 weeks (here's the exact wording): "To hold your place in the class, you must respond via email, an online portal on WebAdMIT, email ([email protected]), and the Choose Your Medical School (CYMS) Tool within two weeks of receipt of this letter." I'm pretty sure this is referring to the "plan to enroll" designation on the CYMS tool, but this option isn't binding or final in any way so I'm really not sure when final decisions have to be made!

Tbh, your guess is as good as mine haha. And just to further support your message, I just declined my acceptance offer at CDU - I'm manifesting that my acceptance be given to one of you on SDN!! Good luck everyone!! You're going to do great things in medicine!!! :)
Just wanted to thank you for taking the time to share all this info with us!! You are very very much appreciated, and I hope your cycle continues going well! :)

• Love
Is it worth asking about our waitlist rank?

Is there anything that says they only send out 60 acceptances? I know that is usually their final class size but if they operate anything like other medical schools they would send out more than 60 acceptances given the sure fact that not all who receive an acceptanve will end up matriculating... Seems weird that they would only send out 60....

Is there anything that says they only send out 60 acceptances? I know that is usually their final class size but if they operate anything like other medical schools they would send out more than 60 acceptances given the sure fact that not all who receive an acceptanve will end up matriculating... Seems weird that they would only send out 60....

My guess is that they send out an initial 60, then depending on how many commit, they go through the remaining potential candidates until the class is filled and then everyone else is either waitlisted or rejected? Or something along those lines

Just called mainly to see if they would answer. No reply! :( Anyone else? I’m assuming they are busy or occupied

Hi all! Just wanted to share my experience so far. I received an acceptance on Sunday (02/11) at 9 pm. All the information shared already from previous post is consistent about next steps to confirm acceptance. My understanding is that they except 60 students, but never heard anything more about wait list. This is my first acceptance and Im from the LA area so I am super excited. Still waiting to hear back from a few schools though. CDU did send a campus invite for early/mid april for accepted students to visit. You can bring two guest and for a couple of hours in the afternoon. Hope this helps for those still waiting. Congrats to my fellow colleagues that received an A and hope those waiting hear something back positive!

• Love
  • Care
Hi all! Just wanted to share my experience so far. I received an acceptance on Sunday (02/11) at 9 pm. All the information shared already from previous post is consistent about next steps to confirm acceptance. My understanding is that they except 60 students, but never heard anything more about wait list. This is my first acceptance and Im from the LA area so I am super excited. Still waiting to hear back from a few schools though. CDU did send a campus invite for early/mid april for accepted students to visit. You can bring two guest and for a couple of hours in the afternoon. Hope this helps for those still waiting. Congrats to my fellow colleagues that received an A and hope those waiting hear something back positive!
Congratulations on your A and thank you for sharing!

Have they responded to anyone’s emails? 😃

Reactions: 1 user
Have they responded to anyone’s emails? 😃
Nope, I truly think the craziest and most unfair part of this is they were able to send out 4000 rejection letters for pre/post interviews and acceptances but those of us left are supposed to just sit around with no idea what's going on

Nope, I truly think the craziest and most unfair part of this is they were able to send out 4000 rejection letters for pre/post interviews and acceptances but those of us left are supposed to just sit around with no idea what's going on
Agreed! I’m wondering if they plan on releasing acceptances every two weeks to fill in seats for those who decide not to confirm their acceptance within their two week deadline. 🧐 Either way, I really hope they get back to us because I’m anxiously checking my email every second and it’s probably not the healthiest at this point LOL

Agreed! I’m wondering if they plan on releasing acceptances every two weeks to fill in seats for those who decide not to confirm their acceptance within their two week deadline. 🧐 Either way, I really hope they get back to us because I’m anxiously checking my email every second and it’s probably not the healthiest at this point LOL
From last year's forum it seems like they ghosted and sent out rejections in May

• Sad