2023-2024 Charles R Drew

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
IS A today in the afternoon. Interviewed 10/11.

Reactions: 1 users
OOS A I was emailed to check my portal. LM 69 I think
Interviewed in about September

Members don't see this ad :)
So As we’re sent on the weekend? I didn’t think they would do that lol

• Wow
Update did receive a call this morning from Dean she said she manually updated accepted students last night. Your portal should change and your should receive an actual “Your accepted congratulations” email.

Reactions: 4 users
Update did receive a call this morning from Dean she said she manually updated accepted students last night. Your portal should change and your should receive an actual “Your accepted congratulations” email.
Any chance she mentioned if all the As in this wave have already been sent/updated? 🥲 Hahaha

• Care
  • Wow
Reactions: 10 users
Any chance she mentioned if all the As in this wave have already been sent/updated? 🥲 Hahaha

Im gonna assume no, not all the A’s have been sent out based off the number of likes thx for the solidarity friends

• Care
  • Haha
i dont see why they wouldnt send out all 60 As at once since its such a small class size..(I'm overthinking and wanna cry)

• Care
  • Sad
Reactions: 13 users
I assume many of the ppl they sent As to have options lol which may help us 🤣 - gotta stay positive!

Reactions: 6 users
They are really making us wait until the 15th... :cryi:

• Sad
  • Care
Reactions: 7 users
I'm just hoping they actually keep their word...seems from last year's thread that they had people waiting past the date they promised :/
I just don’t get what’s difficult to send 60 acceptances at once. So far we have 3 on here

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
I just don’t get what’s difficult to send 60 acceptances at once. So far we have 3 on here

It seems like the admin manually adjusts each applicant status or smth? Based off that phone call anyway lol

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Someone should take one for the team and inquire whether they are on track to release decisions Feb 15th

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 5 users
Just withdrew my A here, hope it goes to one of you guys, GL all

• Care
Reactions: 13 users
Is the portal down? I was able to access it a couple days ago but can't now

a little late but IS A got it Sunday around noon through email! Interviewed in October

• Love
I just don't get why some people received A's over the weekend 😭 what does that mean for the rest of us man

I just don't get why some people received A's over the weekend 😭 what does that mean for the rest of us man
I’m hoping (coping) that there’s no real difference and they just sent out a few early… somehow…
Their website still says decisions are coming out 2/15 but I did find this:

Acceptance Decision
The selection process is guided by the AAMC’s principles of holistic review which incorporate a method of assessing an applicant’s qualifications by which balanced consideration is given to the collective preparatory experiences, personal attributes, and academic metrics of each candidate. The Admissions Committee will meet to review the admission files of each interviewed applicant. At the committee meeting, the applicant's file will be presented and reviewed by the entire committee. Each committee
member will vote on each candidate whether to approve or not approve a candidate. Following the
vote, the director of MS recruitment, admissions, and retention prepares a spreadsheet of the results of each candidate presented at the meeting and forwards it to the Admissions Committee chair for review and approval.

Offers of Admission
The director of MS recruitment, admissions, and retention prepares the offer letters based on the order an applicant appears on the voting spreadsheet tally on the approved committee list.
The chair or vice chair of the Admissions Committee will sign all admission letters. Included with the admission letters, students will receive a packet of acceptance materials which include information on health and disability insurance, financial aid, health clearance, housing, and next steps to enrollment as well as the MD Program Technical Standards. All final decisions on an applicant’s status will be sent via email to the
address she or he provided on the AMCAS file.
Those who do not receive an initial letter of offer will be placed on a waitlist based on his/her rank order number. Offers will be made from this waitlist based on rank order number to fill positions that become vacant when an applicant declines admission. Applicants who are not placed on the waitlist will receive a letter stating they were not accepted into the MD Program. The director recruitment, admissions, and retention; chair; and vice chair are charged by the Admissions Committee to use the waitlist to fill spots as they become vacant.

Reactions: 3 users
I’m hoping (coping) that there’s no real difference and they just sent out a few early… somehow…
Their website still says decisions are coming out 2/15 but I did find this:

Acceptance Decision
The selection process is guided by the AAMC’s principles of holistic review which incorporate a method of assessing an applicant’s qualifications by which balanced consideration is given to the collective preparatory experiences, personal attributes, and academic metrics of each candidate. The Admissions Committee will meet to review the admission files of each interviewed applicant. At the committee meeting, the applicant's file will be presented and reviewed by the entire committee. Each committee
member will vote on each candidate whether to approve or not approve a candidate. Following the
vote, the director of MS recruitment, admissions, and retention prepares a spreadsheet of the results of each candidate presented at the meeting and forwards it to the Admissions Committee chair for review and approval.

Offers of Admission
The director of MS recruitment, admissions, and retention prepares the offer letters based on the order an applicant appears on the voting spreadsheet tally on the approved committee list.
The chair or vice chair of the Admissions Committee will sign all admission letters. Included with the admission letters, students will receive a packet of acceptance materials which include information on health and disability insurance, financial aid, health clearance, housing, and next steps to enrollment as well as the MD Program Technical Standards. All final decisions on an applicant’s status will be sent via email to the
address she or he provided on the AMCAS file.
Those who do not receive an initial letter of offer will be placed on a waitlist based on his/her rank order number. Offers will be made from this waitlist based on rank order number to fill positions that become vacant when an applicant declines admission. Applicants who are not placed on the waitlist will receive a letter stating they were not accepted into the MD Program. The director recruitment, admissions, and retention; chair; and vice chair are charged by the Admissions Committee to use the waitlist to fill spots as they become vacant.
So I guess the remaining 140-ish of us are lowkey waitlisted huh 🥲😢🙃

• Care
  • Sad
Today is the day!! Im excited for all the A’s everyone is going to get!!

• Love
it feels like theyre watching this thread just. laughing. at Us. please just tell us already.

• Haha
Do we get a notification for being on the waitlist? Or if you don't hear anything today that means waitlist? This process is so darn unpredictable and I wish we would hear answers in a consistent manner D:

Sad Sponge Bob GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

• Care
  • Sad
Being on the east coast and waiting on west coast schools is actually the worst 😭