2023-2024 Charles R Drew

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
People with multiple A’s are prob weighing options, I’m guessing more movement on April 30 when the CTE option becomes available and when more financial aid info is available
maybe... or people who have decided to attend another school haven't left the group chat.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
How many of us are still waiting to hear back?

Reactions: 9 users
A on 4/2 !! interview was in September . Could someone share the groupchat link please. Have a couple questions i want to ask 🥳

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
A on 4/2 !! interview was in September . Could someone share the groupchat link please. Have a couple questions i want to ask 🥳
Congrats!! You should've received the group chat link through Dr Loeza. send her an email for it.

Reactions: 1 users
IS A back on March 19th! Sorry I didn’t post earlier, I was still in shock lol. Good luck to everyone🎉

Just withdrew my A, hopefully it goes to one of you all! Good luck!

did anyone get a response from sending an LOI to the main email address? has anyone been accepted after sending an LOI to the main email address without a response?

its been almost a week since I sent something in and they havent responded :/ should i be sending it to a particular person? ty!

did anyone get a response from sending an LOI to the main email address? has anyone been accepted after sending an LOI to the main email address without a response?

its been almost a week since I sent something in and they havent responded :/ should i be sending it to a particular person? ty!
I sent one last month and I got a “received ” like a couple days later

which email did you send it to?

Yeah thats the correct email… Maybe verify receipt of your files? Do yall think it’s impolite to ask about one’s rank order position on the voting spreadsheet tally?
Personally I don’t think it’s impolite. However I did send an email a few weeks ago asking about rankings on the list and they didn’t reply so maybe they aren’t sharing that info…

Personally I don’t think it’s impolite. However I did send an email a few weeks ago asking about rankings on the list and they didn’t reply so maybe they aren’t sharing that info…
They sent us an email end of February saying they aren’t telling us till after May 1. It’s a couple pages back if you wanna read it

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
They sent us an email end of February saying they aren’t telling us till after May 1. It’s a couple pages back if you wanna read it
Was it the email that everyone got on February 22nd? I didn’t know they’re telling us the actual ranking

Was it the email that everyone got on February 22nd? I didn’t know they’re telling us the actual ranking
That’s what I assumed but tbh CDU has been very unprofessional this whole time so idk anything anymore lol

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
UPDATE: question was ignored 🥲

Just sent an email asking whether the incoming class has been filled yet...

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 4 users
UPDATE: question was ignored 🥲

Just sent an email asking whether the incoming class has been filled yet...
as of now, the class is full. And to my understanding (per our group me) more than 60 students have been accepted...i could and may be wrong though!

there may be some slight movement after april 30th as some students are not fully decided, but i wouldnt full bank on it. nonetheless, anything can happen...

as of now, the class is full. And to my understanding (per our group me) more than 60 students have been accepted...i could and may be wrong though!

there may be some slight movement after april 30th as some students are not fully decided, but i wouldnt full bank on it. nonetheless, anything can happen...

Darn. Stings a little but isnt totally unexpected. Thanks for sharing your insights mate. Best of luck with your med school journey

Super weird but adding data points.

So I was given a fafsa financial aid offer from CDU but I’m not accepted to the school… that is all

Super weird but adding data points.

So I was given a fafsa financial aid offer from CDU but I’m not accepted to the school… that is all
Did you fill out the FAFSA? I hope that means what I think it means...

Did you fill out the FAFSA? I hope that means what I think it means...

Yeah filled it out at the end of January and put all the schools I had interviews with on it. No clue when the financial aid offer came in. I checked my fafsa for another A I have and there it was

But the only contact I’ve had with them is the ‘you MIGHT be on the WL ” one that everyone else go

Yeah filled it out at the end of January and put all the schools I had interviews with on it. No clue when the financial aid offer came in. I checked my fafsa for another A I have and there it was

But the only contact I’ve had with them is the ‘you MIGHT be on the WL ” one that everyone else go

Fingers crossed for you I just sent an email asking if we should fill pit FAFSA preemptively and she just said “do not submit anything” 🥲 Whelps

Do yall think on May 1 they’ll finally reject us or??? I just don’t get the point of keeping us in limbo

Do yall think on May 1 they’ll finally reject us or??? I just don’t get the point of keeping us in limbo
Also wondering this. I just need a definitive yes or no (probably no at this point). Like put me out of my misery so I can move on and think about what’s next.

• Haha
  • Okay...
and so are we.
Not trying to excuse others in admissions offices. They know it's better that you get closure too. They also have those stories about letting too many people go (reject) only to turn around and coax them back or give them hope (hey, you want a late interview? Maybe interview early for the next class?). They have policies about admitting students that they have to adhere to and make sure their headcount is accurate. I know some offices that reject at the very end of the cycle after matriculation.

You have to move forward with a reapp or the transition to starting school. They have to.

I got the acceptance today. I pray for good news for those of you still waiting

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 7 users
Just withdrew my A. Best of luck to you all!

Wow, this is my very first SDN post :) OOS A yesterday!!! Excited to meet you all soon! Wish they were doing a second look lol.

just got the official placed on WL email OOS interviewed in sept

IS WL. Interviewed in November.

Just got the WL too, interviewed in September
Edit: OOS

Last edited:
IS WL this morning as well. Interviewed in December. Praying for good news for the waitlist squad!!

They won’t let us know where we are on the waitlist will they? 😬

They won’t let us know where we are on the waitlist will they? 😬
I doubt they would tell us that tbh I think multiple people have asked and they haven’t answered. I responded to the email and accepted the waitlist offer and a few minutes later got a response from Dr. Loeza that just said “noted”.

I replied and didn’t get the noted email… wondering if I should say something

I just withdrew my A. Best of luck to those on the WL!

Just withdrew my A as well! Sending good energy to everyone on the WL <3

I got accepted about a week ago now. Just a heads up, Loeza is literally running the whole admin office by herself, we also got our financial aid package a few days ago so there will definitely be movement because almost no one got any aid.

• Dislike
I got accepted about a week ago now. Just a heads up, Loeza is literally running the whole admin office by herself, we also got our financial aid package a few days ago so there will definitely be movement because almost no one got any aid.
No aid?!