Post Your Timeline (Submitted, Received, Verified, Mailed)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
AADSAS Application E-Submitted: 6/20
Reapplicant?: No

DAT Taken: 11/2012
DAT on AADSAS: ??

Transcripts Submitted: 6/3
Transcripts Received: 6/4
GPA Verified: ??

(Interfolio) Letters Delivered: 6/26
(Interfolio) Letters Uploaded: ??

Date Application Mailed: ??

Members don't see this ad.

LOL, don't you just love that?! Hah! I guess I got lucky--my dentist is older, but totally computer-savvy. He even does programming! He is a genius. Literally.

Haha, definitely! Btw, it sounds like we're from the same state! Based on the schools you applied to at least, lol.

Hi Everyone,

I have a question for everyone; I called AADSAS today and asked about when the applications will be mailed out for the first batch and this is the response I got from the lady there:
there is NO mailing date and once your application is submitted it will be electronically available to your schools. And then I asked her if the application this year is different than last year and she said Yes(in terms of mailing/batch).
I just wanted to double check with others who have contacted AADSAS and got the same message as mine? because it doesn't really make sense to me (why would they have the mailing date still listed there for this year?)....

I would appreciate anyone's update.
Good luck everyone :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi Everyone,

I have a question for everyone; I called AADSAS today and asked about when the applications will be mailed out for the first batch and this is the response I got from the lady there:
there is NO mailing date and once your application is submitted it will be electronically available to your schools. And then I asked her if the application this year is different than last year and she said Yes(in terms of mailing/batch).
I just wanted to double check with others who have contacted AADSAS and got the same message as mine? because it doesn't really make sense to me (why would they have the mailing date still listed there for this year?)....

lol wtf?! yeah i never heard anything like this. If someone can clear this up too, that would be great.

Hi Everyone,

This is what they told me as well

ls the app available to schools once it is esubmitted or when your GPA is verified and aadsas has submitted it. Will they tell us when all the schools have received them?

So, are they saying that if your application is complete...dental schools have received our apps?

I think that for at least a few years, schools have been able to immediately see your application once you designated them and e-submitted. However, I'm under the impression that AADSAS still sends out a physical copy of your application to a school. I suppose it's up to them whether they wait for this or just pounce on the online apps as soon as they're available.

If it's all online, though, I wonder if they can see our LORs/transcripts. We can't, obviously, but maybe they get links or something. I hadn't heard of any of this before.

I'm at work, so I can't really do it... but will someone call and specifically ask AADSAS if they are sending PHYSICAL applications to schools? And, if so, when? :)

AADSAS Application E-Submitted: 6/14
Reapplicant?: Yes

DAT Taken: 5/25/13
DAT on AADSAS: 6/07/13

Updated Transcripts Submitted: 6/3
Transcripts Received: 6/10
GPA Verified: 6/26

Interfolio Letters Delivered: Did not use it.
LOE Letters Uploaded: 06/04, 06/05, 06/12

AADSAS Application E-Submitted: 6/04

DAT on AADSAS: 6/06/13

Transcripts Received: 6/10, 6/12, 6/18

Committee Packet Uploaded: 06/06

AADSAS Application E-Submitted: 6/04

DAT on AADSAS: 6/06/13

Transcripts Received: 6/10, 6/12, 6/18

Committee Packet Uploaded: 06/06

My transcripts were recieved around the same time as yours, but I e-submitted 6/13. Does the GPA verification process progress by date of e-submitting?

My transcripts were recieved around the same time as yours, but I e-submitted 6/13. Does the GPA verification process progress by date of e-submitting?

date of e-submitting

I spoke with an AADSAS representative today and she stated that they mail out the first batch on July 5th and each following batch every Friday. So this means that the first batch is July 5th, second July 12th, third July 19th and so on....

I hope to make the first batch, but I received an e-mail today saying that my University sent my transcript in without waiting for my degree to post to it. So now they have to re-send it but will do it for free. Just hope I will make the July 5th mailing!

Members don't see this ad :)
ToothbrushBuddy, thanks for the update! However, I don't think you have much of a chance of making the first batch. It'll take your transcript a few days to arrive, another day or two to upload, and then 7-10 days to be verified (if you're lucky). I think you'll definitely be in by the third batch, though. So long as you're early--and you will be--the batch number doesn't really mean anything. :)

Now I'm confused...I thought you guys talked to them and they said they weren't mailing out the apps anymore....Help please!!!

Now I'm confused...I thought you guys talked to them and they said they weren't mailing out the apps anymore....Help please!!!

It's clear that AADSAS customer reps are giving inconsistent info; therefore, there's no reason to keep speculating as no one here is going to get the right answer. We should all just wait a week or two, which by that time everything regarding first batch and successive mailings will be figured out.

lol i called 15 minutes before they closed. And they told me they are mailing out first batch this friday. He also added to say that I would be part of first batch which got me pretty hype! But yeah, who knows. Everyone is hearing something different. But I am pretty sure it will be this friday.

I've received email confirmations from 2 of the schools on my list that they have received and have begun reviewing my application already. Everything was in and complete for my AADSAS on June 24th.

lol i called 15 minutes before they closed. And they told me they are mailing out first batch this friday. He also added to say that I would be part of first batch which got me pretty hype! But yeah, who knows. Everyone is hearing something different. But I am pretty sure it will be this friday.

Yeah I was told I would be second batch (I have submitted but its pending DAT scores). Third batch I was told was those who basically apply way too late. I have no idea....

Yeah I was told I would be second batch (I have submitted but its pending DAT scores). Third batch I was told was those who basically apply way too late. I have no idea....

Since when was third batch considered late?

Since when was third batch considered late?

Yeah no clue. This is from the guy who told me my course work from dental assisting school should be listed as shadowing. That ended up a 30 minute conversation of me arguing with him until eventually he said "oh yeah your right"

Transcripts Received: 6/11, 6/18, 6/18

Do I still have a chance at being first batch even if my LOEs haven't been received yet?

I've received email confirmations from 2 of the schools on my list that they have received and have begun reviewing my application already. Everything was in and complete for my AADSAS on June 24th.

Which schools??

Got verified:)

Hmm, this doesn't help us much. Would you please relist or list your entities on e-submit date and transcript received dates?

To extend on my previous post, I actually received emails from two schools few hours ago (Buffalo and North Carolina) that they have received my aadsas application as well as supplemental fee, although on my aadsas portal there is still no mailing date.

Hope this helps on our previous discussions :)...
Good luck everyone!

Just called. First batch sending out tomorrow. The girl even put me on hold to go find out, so surely she asked someone who would actually know.

Just called. First batch sending out tomorrow. The girl even put me on hold to go find out, so surely she asked someone who would actually know.

yup. that is exactly what happened to me yesterday.
Excited!

How can they receive your app if it hasn't been mailed yet?

I have the same question too! it sounds odd!...

Glimmer did you receive my email? I am not really familiar with sdn messaging system so I thought It didn't go through and I sent it twice. Let me know if you haven't received my message....

How can they receive your app if it hasn't been mailed yet?

I've already mentioned this in numerous threads, but schools receive an electronic copy of your AADSAS application upon you e-submitting it. Some might start looking at applicants once this and the supplemental fee are in, but other schools might wait to receive the hard copy via mail.

Glimmer did you receive my email? I am not really familiar with sdn messaging system so I thought It didn't go through and I sent it twice. Let me know if you haven't received my message....

I got it, pinkshirt! Thank you!

Also, schools have an AADSAS portal like we do and can go online and view applications. They still get sent a physical copy, but they can see them online if they'd like. :)

I just called AADSAS and the lady said that I'll be part of first batch. However, she said first batch will be next week. She even put me on hold to verify the information.

lmao.. looks like we got some contradicting information :laugh:

Transcripts Received: 6/12, 6/18
GPA Verified: 6/27

Committee Letter Uploaded: 6/17

I just called AADSAS and the lady said that I'll be part of first batch. However, she said first batch will be next week. She even put me on hold to verify the information.

lmao.. looks like we got some contradicting information

:lame:

I e-submitted June 3rd or something but I would like to change my personal statement up a little bit. my transcripts were just received, so it'll take another week or so before my gpa is verified.

if i was to change my statement and re-submit today would i still get mailed as soon as my gpa was verified (possible 1st batch)?

I don't think that you are able to modify your statement once you have submitted

You can't change your personal statement. You can't re-submit. It's already been done.

For anyone wondering, I just got off the phone with AADSAS. The rep told me that they're currently verifying applications completed on 6/17 and will probably start 6/18 tomorrow.

lmao.. looks like we got some contradicting information :laugh:

yes, I definitely got contradictory info. I just called and the man I spoke to said that as far as he knows, the first batch is set to go out THIS Friday the 28th.

yes, I definitely got contradictory info. I just called and the man I spoke to said that as far as he knows, the first batch is set to go out THIS Friday the 28th.

Does this mean that if everything is ready to go, they will send it out tomorrow? Or will they still wait up to 2 weeks after transcripts are verified before they send out?

They have two weeks once they get you "verified" to send it out. So, if sending it out next week would put them OVER two weeks for you, I suppose they have to send it out tomorrow. If sending out next Friday would be within the 2-week period, they'll probably wait to send until then--I'm basing this on previous posts in this thread. I think they have a really high volume of applications right now.

For example, if they sent out my application next Friday, it would be OVER the two week period they state in their e-mail. For someone who was verified this week, though, it wouldn't be.

Yessss..my orthodontist's LOE has just been uploaded! Snail mail time wasn't so bad afterall. I just wanted to have it in before tomorrow, in case first batch does go out.

Also, for those who happened to get an email from UNC, did you guys complete and mail everything necessary already?

Last edited:
AADSAS Application E-Submitted: 6/4

DAT Taken: 1/2013
DAT on AADSAS: 6/7

Transcripts Submitted: 6/4
Transcripts Received: 6/11, 6/12
GPA Verified: 6/21

Letters directly uploaded to application: 6/3-6/14

Date Application Mailed: e-mail says within 2 weeks from today
"Your application has now been Verified, and will be provided to your designated ADEA AADSAS schools within two weeks of today's date"

I just called them as well and they said I would be in the first batch and that the applications are being mailed out tomorrow!

esubmitted: 6/13
transcripts sent: 6/13
transcripts received: 6/19, 6/19, 6/25
re-applicant: no

GPA verified:???

What batch do you think I will be in???

Just checked my AADSAS and the mailing date says 06/28/2013!

Good luck everyone!! :)