Post Your Timeline (Submitted, Received, Verified, Mailed)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey guys anyone know when they generally start inviting for interviews at schools? I know it varies greatly, but just trying to see an average month when people start getting invited that were in the first batch. I am luckily in the first batch but honesty don't know if that gives an advantage when applying or not. If someone could help me out and answer this for me that would be great! Thanks!

From what I've gathered just by browsing on SDN, it seems like most invites start going out late July at the earliest.

Members don't see this ad.

my gpa would get verified the day that first batch gets sent out.

Also, friendly reminder to all, CHECK YOUR COURSEWORK AFTER YOUR GPA IS VERIFIED.
there were a couple mistakes that I found that I had to call aadsas about to get fixed (credit hours not matching with my original transcript). Good news is, its a quick fix when you call them.

Hey all, long time lurker (since January, when I discovered the 8-week DAT plan) figured it's time I make an account and contribute to the all this madness lol.

AADSAS Application E-Submitted: 6/19
Reapplicant?: No

DAT Taken: 5/2013
DAT on AADSAS: 5/2013

Transcripts Submitted: 6/7, 6/7, 6/7
Transcripts Received: 6/12, 6/13, 6/20
GPA Verified: ??

Committee letters submitted and received on 6/20

Date Application Mailed: ??

Members don't see this ad :)
Wait,
should we be submitting the secondaries while waiting for the transcripts to verify?
I assume yes? or do I HAVE to wait for the school to request it from me?

I read that some schools request it, some don't...

Wait,
should we be submitting the secondaries while waiting for the transcripts to verify?

If you go to "Dental School Designations" you can see what each school requires and when they require it under the supplemental application column.

You're right. Some schools say same time as AADSAS...others say only when they contact you.

Reapplicant: Yes

DAT Date Taken: 10/05/2012
DAT Date Received: 10/17/2012

Interfolio Letters Delivered: 6/03/2013
Interfolio Letters Received: 6/06/2013

Transcripts Submitted: Last Cycle
Transcripts Received: 6/26/2013

E-Submitted: 6/26/2013
GPA Verified: ?
Application Mailed: ?

I don't know if this has been discussed before, but it's interesting to note that even if you are a reapplicant and have no changes to your schools/coursework, you still have to wait for GPA verification after E-submitting. My transcripts all showed as "Received" on dates from last year, but as soon as I E-submitted, the dates changed to 6/26/13. I spent some time this month revising my personal statement thinking that my GPA verification would carry over from last year and that I would still be in the first batch if I submitted this week. Unfortunately, it looks like I'll be in the second or third batch. I'm not too worried about it, but I am a bit annoyed. If I had known this would happen, I would've E-submitted earlier.

Hmmm... weird, my GPA is still not verified and my AADSAS portal doesn't say that my application has been mailed out, yet I just got an email from BU that my application had been received...

Hmmm... weird, my GPA is still not verified and my AADSAS portal doesn't say that my application has been mailed out, yet I just got an email from BU that my application had been received...

Why did you retake a 23AA in 2010?

i'll play

AADSAS Application E-Submitted: 6/6

DAT Taken: 1/2013
DAT on AADSAS: 1/2013

Transcripts Submitted: 6/4
Transcripts Received: 6/12, 6/18
GPA Verified: 6/27

(Interfolio) Letters Delivered: 7/6 (interfolio)
(Interfolio) Letters Uploaded: ?

Date Application Mailed: 7/5

Last edited:
Wait,

Go to the Dental School Designations tab and click on supplemental information tab next to each school. Once you click on it, a pop-up window comes up with the information about each school's secondary application. Some schools just have a portal to a fee that you pay with your credit card (i.e. Case and OHSU) I filled out secondaries already for Marquette, OHSU, Case, UPenn, and Creighton. Now if only my AADSAS app. would hurry up and get there already! lol

Members don't see this ad :)
Go to the Dental School Designations tab and click on supplemental information tab next to each school. Once you click on it, a pop-up window comes up with the information about each school's secondary application. Some schools just have a portal to a fee that you pay with your credit card (i.e. Case and OHSU) I filled out secondaries already for Marquette, OHSU, Case, UPenn, and Creighton. Now if only my AADSAS app. would hurry up and get there already! lol

Case has a supp app? Or just a fee?

I submitted my app on June 19th. My final transcript showed up on AADSAS on the 24th but it said it came in on the 21st. My gpa was just verified about 10 minutes ago.

Any idea on when the 2nd batch is? One of my professors still hasn't uploaded my evaluation and I'm debating if I should just take her off my list and have my application complete or wait. I have 2 letters from science professors and 1 letter from a practicing dentist on file already.

I submitted my app on June 19th. My final transcript showed up on AADSAS on the 24th but it said it came in on the 21st. My gpa was just verified about 10 minutes ago.

Any idea on when the 2nd batch is? One of my professors still hasn't uploaded my evaluation and I'm debating if I should just take her off my list and have my application complete or wait. I have 2 letters from science professors and 1 letter from a practicing dentist on file already.
I was under the impression they send out the applications every friday (around midnight). Mine was sent out first batch last friday around that time so the next batch (if I'm not mistaken) should be sent out today.

I was under the impression they send out the applications every friday (around midnight). Mine was sent out first batch last friday around that time so the next batch (if I'm not mistaken) should be sent out today.

Today? Don't you mean this week Friday? :confused:

anyone else get an email from Tufts?

AADSAS Application E-Submitted: 6/21

DAT Taken: 6/7
DAT on AADSAS: 6/24

Transcripts Submitted: 6/11
Transcripts Received: 6/19
GPA Verified: 7/1

(Interfolio) Letters Delivered: n/a
(Interfolio) Letters Uploaded: n/a

AADSAS Application E-Submitted: 6/21

DAT Taken: 6/6
DAT on AADSAS: 6/20

Transcripts Submitted: 6/7, 6/7, 6/12
Transcripts Received: 6/18, 6/18, 6/21
GPA Verified: 7/5

LOE: Not received yet :(

Mailing Date: 7/1 YAYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!! Second batch!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

I just called AADSAS and they said my app will be sent out in this coming batch. He said he is not sure if that batch is this Friday or next Friday because of July 4th. He said to call back Friday and see what the decision is.

I just called AADSAS and they said my app will be sent out in this coming batch. He said he is not sure if that batch is this Friday or next Friday because of July 4th. He said to call back Friday and see what the decision is.
Keeping my fingers crossed they send yours out asap!!

Just checked my AADSAS and my mailing date was posted for this friday 7/5/13, so looks like they will be mailing this friday!! :)

ADSAS Application E-Submitted: 6/17

DAT Taken: 9/17/12
DAT on AADSAS: 10/1512

Transcripts Received: 6/11
GPA Verified: 6/28

Committee Letter Uploaded: 6/17

Date Application Mailed: 7/5 *Where are all my second batchers at?!:clap::clap:

Woohoooo!! GPA finally verified!

Esubmitted: June 16th
Transcript Received: June 25th
GPA Verified: July 3rd
Application mailed: Mailing date is set to July 5th!!! Wooot woot, second batch!

Update:

AADSAS Application E-Submitted: 6/20

DAT Taken: 11/2012
DAT on AADSAS: ?? (Canadian DAT)

Transcripts Submitted: 6/3
Transcripts Received: 6/4
GPA Verified: 7/1

(Interfolio) Letters Delivered: 6/26
(Interfolio) Letters Uploaded: ??

Date Application Mailed: 7/5/2013 (tentative)

So I guess they are mailing out a second batch this week, despite July 4th :)

GPA got verified today...e-submitted the 24th...second batch!

Finally verified! Was starting to get nervous. =O

AADSAS Application E-Submitted: 6/20

DAT Taken: 5/6/2013
DAT received: 5/23/13

Transcripts Requested: 6/4
Transcripts Received: 6/12, 6/13, 6/19
GPA Verified: 7/2

LOE's: Received 6/3,6/4,6/12, 6/12 (two uploads and two paper mailed)

Designated Mailing Date: 7/5/13

IMO this was really fast. I was expecting to be third or fourth batch with a e-sub date of 6/20. However I am certainly not complaining. ;)

edit: typo!

Last edited:
AADSAS Application E-Submitted: 6/7

DAT Taken: 8/15/12
DAT on AADSAS: 8/15/12
Date received: 6/12/13

Transcripts Submitted: 6/11, 6/13
Transcripts Received: 6/18, 6/21
GPA Verified: 7/3 (took a little longer than usual since I didn't include AP credits and had to fix that)

(Interfolio) Letters Delivered: ??
(Interfolio) Letters Uploaded: ?

Date Application Mailed: 7/5 (yay!)

UPDATE:

E-submitted on 6/19 with everything completed, transcripts, LOR, DAT scores, etc.

Received an email on 7/1 stating that the transcript where I earned my degree from does not have my degree status (I guess because I had my transcript sent out so soon). My school doesn't confer degree status until 6/20 and thus I had no idea I would run into this issue.

Instead of getting my GPA verified on 7/1, I got that horrifying email instead. I have since requested a new transcript be sent saying that yes I did graduate with a BA! I have also called ADEA twice now, who have insisted this issue is not holding up my GPA verification/app status. However I find that to be blatantly false.. Mainly because on July 1st my GPA should be calculated, but they ran into that 'problem' with my transcript and halted the process.

Anyone else going through this headache as well?

UPDATE:

E-submitted on 6/19 with everything completed, transcripts, LOR, DAT scores, etc.

Received an email on 7/1 stating that the transcript where I earned my degree from does not have my degree status (I guess because I had my transcript sent out so soon). My school doesn't confer degree status until 6/20 and thus I had no idea I would run into this issue.

Instead of getting my GPA verified on 7/1, I got that horrifying email instead. I have since requested a new transcript be sent saying that yes I did graduate with a BA! I have also called ADEA twice now, who have insisted this issue is not holding up my GPA verification/app status. However I find that to be blatantly false.. Mainly because on July 1st my GPA should be calculated, but they ran into that 'problem' with my transcript and halted the process.

Anyone else going through this headache as well?

This happened to me too!!!!!! So frustrating. They told me too it wouldnt hold up my application but I submitted day 1 and my gpa was just verified yesterday.. 2 weeks after sending my transcript. I am a reapplicant and my degree was conferred last year so I dont know what changed? Its certainly something you couldnt have been "prepared" for.

This happened to me too!!!!!! So frustrating. They told me too it wouldnt hold up my application but I submitted day 1 and my gpa was just verified yesterday.. 2 weeks after sending my transcript. I am a reapplicant and my degree was conferred last year so I dont know what changed? Its certainly something you couldnt have been "prepared" for.

As Peter Griffin would state.. This really grinds my gears!

People like you and I have done everything on our part to get in early... We pay ADEA a TON of money and they have no sense of urgency - and actually have the audacity to blatantly lie and tell us our app is not being held up.. When there's obviously no way they aren't. They cover their butts by saying, "We tell everyone it can take 4-6 weeks for the GPA verification process".

Ughhhh! Words cannot describe this feeling of stress and total helplessness!

As Peter Griffin would state.. This really grinds my gears!

People like you and I have done everything on our part to get in early... We pay ADEA a TON of money and they have no sense of urgency - and actually have the audacity to blatantly lie and tell us our app is not being held up.. When there's obviously no way they aren't. They cover their butts by saying, "We tell everyone it can take 4-6 weeks for the GPA verification process".

Ughhhh! Words cannot describe this feeling of stress and total helplessness!

chillax. your file will get to where it needs to go with plenty of time to get invited for an interview/rejected outright/ignored completely.

Got the exact same message as you two! Even though on June 3rd I specifically requested and paid for two transcripts to be sent, one immediately, and one after my degree posted. They sent two of the exact same transcripts immediately without my degree, so I had to have a third sent after I got the e-mail. The updated transcript with my degree finally arrived. Just hoping to make the 3rd batch now even though I e-submitted on June 13th.

Finally got my GPA verified (submitted almost 3weeks ago) and that transcript mix up corrected. Just in time to make it for 2nd batch this friday.

AADSAS Application E-Submitted: 6/5
DAT Taken: 5/2013
DAT on AADSAS: 5/2013
Transcripts Submitted: 6/3
Transcripts Received: 6/11
GPA Verified: 6/20
(Interfolio) Letters Delivered: committee letter isn't ready yet -___-
(Interfolio) Letters Uploaded: -
Date Application Mailed: 6/28 (Which is strange because I got an email from case/midwestern on the 27th saying they received my verified application from AADSAS...)

Also, Nova called me today :)

AADSAS Application E-Submitted: 6/14

DAT Taken: 3/30/13
DAT received: 4/12/13

Transcripts Submitted: 6/14, 6/14,6/14
Transcripts Received: 6/19, 6/19, 6/25
GPA Verified: 7/3

Date Application Mailed: 7/5 HIP HIP HOORAY!!!!

P.S. for those still waiting on their GPA to be verified, I called AADSAS on 7/2 and they said this early in the cycle it should take 3 weeks at the LATEST for your GPA to be verified! GOOD LUCK everyone! :)

Esubmitted: June19th
Reapplicant: No

Dat taken: Aug 2012
Recieved: Sept 2012

Committee letter received: June 27

Transcripts Submitted: June 19th
Transcripts received: June 24th
GPA verified: July 2nd

Mailed: "Pending" July 5th

Last edited:
*Updateeee!

Yayyyy! Just finished E-submitting :]

AADSAS Application E-Submitted: 7/6

DAT Taken: 6/19/2013
DAT on AADSAS: 7/5/2013

Transcripts Submitted: 6/8, 6/11
Transcripts Received: 6/17, 6/18
GPA Verified: 7/10

E-submit Letters Requested: 6/3
E-submit Letters Uploaded: 6/15, 6/28, one pending

Applied to UOP, UCSF, UCLA, USC :] Gooooo California! hahaha

Last edited:
AADSAS Application E-Submitted: 6/27

DAT Taken: 07/07/2012
DAT on AADSAS: 07/17/2012

Transcripts Submitted: 6/10
Transcripts Received: 6/17
GPA Verified: 7/5

E-submit Letters Requested: 6/4
E-submit Letters Uploaded: committee letter not yet uploaded

Date Application Mailed: 7/12/2013

Looks like I'm in 3rd batch!

Last edited:
Verified! 7/8
Mail - pending

kind of impressed with AADSAS, only took a week to verify my GPA, my friend on PharmCAS still hasnt had his GPA verified and its been 6 weeks

AADSAS Application E-Submitted: 7/1

DAT Taken: last week of July
DAT on AADSAS: N/A

Transcripts Submitted: 6/10 (last one)
Transcripts Received: 6/18
GPA Verified: 7/8

(Interfolio) Letters Delivered: No still waiting on recommenders to send it
(Interfolio) Letters Uploaded: No still waiting on recommenders to send it

oGPA: 3.7
sGPA: 3.75
non-science GPA: 3.8
78 semester hours (74 from CC, 4 from 4 yr, 8 semester hours at 4 yr currently in progress)

I esubmitted on June.27th. The transcripts were already there for a couple weeks. GPA still not verified.

Last edited:
Do we need to Esubmit for the GPA to get verified ?

AADSAS Application E-Submitted: 6/22

DAT Taken: 07/09/2013
DAT on AADSAS: ----

Transcripts Submitted: 6/10, 6/21
Transcripts Received: 6/18, 7/02
GPA Verified: 7/09

E-submit Letters Requested: 6/17
E-submit Letters Uploaded: just need 2 more