2023-2024 East Carolina (Brody)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Good luck to everyone today/tomorrow! We got this! ❤️❤️

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
IMG_1101.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
How sure are we of this?
I mean Dr. bright said they meet every tuesday so im assuming more acceptances should be coming soon? the acceptances recently have been from dec. I interviewed jan and havent seen anything on here from jan-feb interviewees. Im assuming we should be hearing about those soon.

Reactions: 1 users
They updated on website. 136 offers have went out.

Under the FAQ they state they usually offer around 140 acceptances to fill the seats. Although there may be more because more seats this year, seems like it is getting to the end :(

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user
Well there is still offers off the waitlist 🤷‍♂️ so technically it ain’t no where near over. Last year there was some getting offers in June.

Well there is still offers off the waitlist 🤷‍♂️ so technically it ain’t no where near over. Last year there was some getting offers in June.
Yes, don’t feel discouraged. I was told that many people get taken off the “alternate list” every year up until matriculation. They make offers knowing that not every one will pick Brody in the end, so it’s likely they will continue to send out offers (esp due to the increase in class-size)

Members don't see this ad :)
Interviewer end of Nov but haven’t gotten rejected yet. Very confused

Scholarships wont happen until FAFSA releases info to schools. Although it should be released in early march.
Except for the fact that FAFSA keeps delaying because of how they’ve decided to recalculate need and rework their application this year…

Except for the fact that FAFSA keeps delaying because of how they’ve decided to recalculate need and rework their application this year…
so we can't apply for scholarships until FAFSA releases, is that what I'm hearing?

so we can't apply for scholarships until FAFSA releases, is that what I'm hearing?
I'm sure you can probably apply for scholarships, but medical schools can't offer any money purely based on need or merit with an acceptance until the FAFSA information is released.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm sure you can probably apply for scholarships, but medical schools can't offer any money purely based on need or merit with an acceptance until the FAFSA information is released.
I was wondering about brody scholar interviews

Do we think more acceptances are going to come out today?

Do we think there will be more acceptances or will the rest of us potentially be put on the waitlist?

Interviewed in November. Haven’t gotten rejected yet but not sure what’s going on.

Still under review but they said no more acceptances at this time until may 1st.

Reactions: 3 users
I guess they’re just waiting to see how many people decline their acceptance, but I wish they would just go ahead and make the list.

Yeah was a little surprised to just get straight up rejected after this long but it is what it is I guess. Good luck to everyone else! Hope y'all hear good things soon.

• Care
Reactions: 6 users