2023-2024 Connecticut

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does this school internally rank?
While the first two years are pass/fail, UConn SOM does indeed internally rank. I confirmed this two different times with the assistant dean of admissions, although he was a bit roundabout in answering. He did not say what or how many ranks there are, but I believe that the ranking is based on clinical grades and possibly Step scores, among other things.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
While the first two years are pass/fail, UConn SOM does indeed internally rank. I confirmed this two different times with the assistant dean of admissions, although he was a bit roundabout in answering. He did not say what or how many ranks there are, but I believe that the ranking is based on clinical grades and possibly Step scores, among other things.
I was confused abt that too, esp because the CLIC grading is out of 5? and the LEAP exams are technically P/F.

Members don't see this ad :)
According to the admissions office, merit scholarships are also expected to start going out by email beginning in late April.

Is the number of people that came off of the waitlist available on MSAR? If so, could someone share it?

Is the number of people that came off of the waitlist available on MSAR? If so, could someone share it?
MSAR is not helpful unfortunately
"Typical number of waitlist positions per cycle: Varies"
"Number of acceptance offers granted to applicants on the waitlist: Not Provided"

I know this thread isn't super happening but if anyone who withdraws or gets accepted off the WL could post here I'd really appreciate it, for the sake of my sanity

Members don't see this ad :)
I know this thread isn't super happening but if anyone who withdraws or gets accepted off the WL could post here I'd really appreciate it, for the sake of my sanity
+1

I emailed admissions to ask if we would ever be notified of our relative position on the waitlist and they said absolutely not 😅.

Reactions: 2 users
If it helps, one person has left the accepted students GroupMe chat

Reactions: 1 user
Is CTE still 4/30? Heard of some other schools changing to June
If I understand correctly, you must put down at least “Plan to enroll” for UConn by 2024.04.30, but the final deadline for putting down “Commit to enroll” isn’t until 2024.06.01, according to an email that they sent out

If I understand correctly, you must put down at least “Plan to enroll” for UConn by 2024.04.30, but the final deadline for putting down “Commit to enroll” isn’t until 2024.06.01, according to an email that they sent out
Hmm I did not receive that...I don't think I ever got a technical standards email either unless it was part of accepting our seats in the portal. Did you?

Hmm I did not receive that...I don't think I ever got a technical standards email either unless it was part of accepting our seats in the portal. Did you?
I asked the admissions office about the technical standards email, and they said that it was part of accepting our seats in the portal!

The email they sent out on 2024.02.16:

IMG_7643.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_7645.jpeg
    IMG_7645.jpeg
    111.7 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:
does anyone know if plan to enroll will be moved back since FA has not been released yet?

i actually meant the plan to enroll deadline tomorrow, 4/30
I think technically the 4/30 deadline is a recommendation from AMCAS but not necessarily a requirement, if I understand correctly. I believe Uconn gives us until June 1st to 100% commit or not, so I doubt anything will change despite delays in FA. I predict that considering people might not have all their financial info, the 4/30 recommendation might be ignored generally. Does anyone know approx when FA will be released at Uconn?

I think technically the 4/30 deadline is a recommendation from AMCAS but not necessarily a requirement, if I understand correctly. I believe Uconn gives us until June 1st to 100% commit or not, so I doubt anything will change despite delays in FA. I predict that considering people might not have all their financial info, the 4/30 recommendation might be ignored generally. Does anyone know approx when FA will be released at Uconn?
I don't think it is a recommendation I think schools require you PTE by April 30th, some are pushing that date back more because of FA delays but based on the screenshot posted in the chat by hopefulapplicant! from the email they sent, it seems UCONN wants you to PTE by April 30th meaning holding only one acceptance, but you can stay on other WL's until 6/1. I could totally be wrong but as someone on the waitlist I've read a lot about this April 30th deadline and it does seem to be a requirement to PTE by April 30th and I don't think you can PTE at multiple schools.

I don't think it is a recommendation I think schools require you PTE by April 30th, some are pushing that date back more because of FA delays but based on the screenshot posted in the chat by hopefulapplicant! from the email they sent, it seems UCONN wants you to PTE by April 30th meaning holding only one acceptance, but you can stay on other WL's until 6/1. I could totally be wrong but as someone on the waitlist I've read a lot about this April 30th deadline and it does seem to be a requirement to PTE by April 30th and I don't think you can PTE at multiple schools.
I think you're right you can only PTE at one school, but I'm just curious who is enforcing the rule to narrow down to one school by 4/30? Like does AMCAS automatically withdraw any acceptances that you haven't PTE? The email says AMCAS "requests" you narrow it down to 1 Acceptance.

For the sake of everyone on waitlists, I really hope people follow the traffic rules, but it sounds like any penalty to not follow the rules comes from the schools themselves (ex. if you don't CTE by June 1st you're withdrawn from UConn). I am only saying this because I know many schools are delayed in financial info and therefore if there is no real penalty to hold multiple A's past 4/30, people might wait a bit longer until they have the necessary financial info to make those decisions.

I think you're right you can only PTE at one school, but I'm just curious who is enforcing the rule to narrow down to one school by 4/30? Like does AMCAS automatically withdraw any acceptances that you haven't PTE? The email says AMCAS "requests" you narrow it down to 1 Acceptance.

For the sake of everyone on waitlists, I really hope people follow the traffic rules, but it sounds like any penalty to not follow the rules comes from the schools themselves (ex. if you don't CTE by June 1st you're withdrawn from UConn). I am only saying this because I know many schools are delayed in financial info and therefore if there is no real penalty to hold multiple A's past 4/30, people might wait a bit longer until they have the necessary financial info to make those decisions.
yes totally I think you're right, based on what I've read, selecting PTE doesn't automatically withdraw you from other schools you have to do that on your own so you could hypothetically just select PTE at one school without withdrawing from others but maybe some schools reach out asking you to PTE if applicants haven't PTE'd after April 30th idk. I do hope people withdraw from schools that aren't their top asap for the sake of us poor WL folk

yes totally I think you're right, based on what I've read, selecting PTE doesn't automatically withdraw you from other schools you have to do that on your own so you could hypothetically just select PTE at one school without withdrawing from others but maybe some schools reach out asking you to PTE if applicants haven't PTE'd after April 30th idk. I do hope people withdraw from schools that aren't their top asap for the sake of us poor WL folk
Yes maybe! I totally agree its kinda crappy not withdrawing your other A's and I also could be completely wrong about all this (I don't know exactly how the PTE/CTE works, that was just from my understanding of reading). But I really hope you get off the waitlist! Sending you positive thoughts :)

• Care
Just letting everyone know: I didn't get an email about financial aid but I decided to look at my Student Admin because I was curious and it was there! You just have to log in with your NetID and password and you can see it under the financial aid tab. Maybe it's not finalized but it's something at least

OOS A off of the waitlist just now via email. Probably going to UConn because the tuition waiver for national guard

Interview 2/2/24, Alternate list 3/13/24, Accepted 5/1/24

In-state (sort of), just got accepted off the waitlist, notification received via email.
  • Secondary submitted 08/23/2023
  • Interviewed 01/29/2024
  • Alternate list 02/15/2024
  • Accepted 05/01/2024

Congrats to those getting off WL. Does anyone know until when all decisions will be announced. Is it all done or more may get acceptance?

In-state (sort of), just got accepted off the waitlist, notification received via email.
  • Secondary submitted 08/23/2023
  • Interviewed 01/29/2024
  • Alternate list 02/15/2024
  • Accepted 05/01/2024
Out of curiosity, how much time did they give you to decide? Like did they say you have to PTE by a certain day? or just CTE by June1 ?

Out of curiosity, how much time did they give you to decide? Like did they say you have to PTE by a certain day? or just CTE by June1 ?
They didn’t send me anything really-- they just said that I was accepted, that I could submit the financial aid application within 30 days of the acceptance, and that I had 15 days to put down the deposit of $100 and sign the technical standards.

So I didn't receive any info about the AMCAS commit to enroll / plan to enroll timeline. I chose 'plan to enroll' but I was just accepted off of the waitlist at my top choice med school so I will be withdrawing from UConn.

Last edited:
They didn’t send me anything really-- they just said that I was accepted, that I could submit the financial aid application within 30 days of the acceptance, and that I had 15 days to put down the deposit of $100 and sign the technical standards.

So I didn't receive any info about the AMCAS commit to enroll / plan to enroll timeline. I chose 'plan to enroll' but I was just accepted off of the waitlist at my top choice med school so I will be withdrawing from UConn.
Congratulations :)