2023-2024 Connecticut

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
UConn is my top school. I’m an in state applicant and went to UConn undergrad 522 and 4.0. For extracurricular hours I have 50 shadowing, 900 clinical, 200 ish leadership, 200 ish volunteer, and completed a thesis paper on my research. I’m continuing volunteering during my gap year to make a total of around 400 hours, about 150 of which will be clinical. I havent received an ii from UConn yet and I’m starting to get worried.. because of a misunderstanding with my letters of rec my application wasn’t fully completed until end of August. Could this be why? Or is there some other issue with my app that I’m missing? Am I just impatient?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
UConn is my top school. I’m an in state applicant and went to UConn undergrad 522 and 4.0. For extracurricular hours I have 50 shadowing, 900 clinical, 200 ish leadership, 200 ish volunteer, and completed a thesis paper on my research. I’m continuing volunteering during my gap year to make a total of around 400 hours, about 150 of which will be clinical. I havent received an ii from UConn yet and I’m starting to get worried.. because of a misunderstanding with my letters of rec my application wasn’t fully completed until end of August. Could this be why? Or is there some other issue with my app that I’m missing? Am I just impatient?
I would be patient--a completion date at the end of August is on the later side, the admissions committee is likely still sifting through applications in your time range.

Have any other accepted students received the Net ID email yet?

Accepted last Thursday and haven’t gotten it either. Did anyone get it?
I called the IT services telephone number that was listed in the email, and they told me that I had an inactivated/not yet activated (?) Net ID in their system. I asked them to tell me what it was, and inputted the ID into the deposit website without issues.

any OOS IIs yet? complete 7/30 with strong ties to CT and nada

Would any other accepted students be interested in making a group chat?

Screenshot_20231110_195930_Google.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I don't know why I applied her as an OOS with no ties and a 69 LM.

• Care
is it too late to submit secondary past 4week mark? oos from new england

Accepted this monday (11/20) IS submitted late july

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Is there an accepted students group me or facebook page?

IS A just now!! Interviewed 10/27

Reactions: 2 users
For those who interviewed, did admissions say they would email a website with more info after the interview day??

Accepted students, was the attestation of technical standards accepting the invitation on their portal or is it separate? Haven’t gotten an email for it and it’s been almost a week

Heyyy for those that already interviewed. I was reading about past interviews and apparently there is a session at the start of the interview where you have to tell a story about yourself. Is that still a thing or nah? Thanks

Heyyy for those that already interviewed. I was reading about past interviews and apparently there is a session at the start of the interview where you have to tell a story about yourself. Is that still a thing or nah? Thanks
My interview group was just asked to share what our favorite hobby is but not a full blown story

Is anyone who has interviewed willing to share advice on how to prepare and what to expect? Does anyone have any connections with current students willing to chat about the school?