University of Minnesota Class of 2028 Interview/Acceptance Thread

no one can tell you for sure if it will impact your acceptance
but put yourself in the adcom's shoes
would you be more likely to pick someone off the waitlist that you were able to meet and was willing to spend the time and effort to attend a visit day?
I know what you mean :( Should I email letting them know I am out of the country?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi Guys! I am currently on the waitlist and have gotten an invite to attend the Visit day on March 29th. Does anyone know if this will impact my acceptance? Does it look "bad" if I cannot make it?
Don’t think attending/not attending would make that big of an impact. If you can’t go, you can’t go. It’s okay

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
I know I would love to attend but I am actually out of the country until April :(
I agree with ryxndek. And don’t listen to that other guy, he’s just trying to scare you and second guess you. It will always look good to make the effort to come in person bc they will appreciate that, but if you really can’t go then don’t worry about it. You just have to explain your situation and they’ll understand, bc the visit day is next week and that is super short notice for students. Ppl can’t just drop everything for the visit day that quickly, especially if they are coming from far away.

And remember who they decide isn’t just based on this one day. Ppl went to it last year and didn’t get in, and others didn’t go to it and still got in. Remember it’s always who’s app they like on a holistic level. You got this good luck!!

Reactions: 1 users
I agree with ryxndek. And don’t listen to that other guy, he’s just trying to scare you and second guess you. It will always look good to make the effort to come in person bc they will appreciate that, but if you really can’t go then don’t worry about it. You just have to explain your situation and they’ll understand, bc the visit day is next week and that is super short notice for students. Ppl can’t just drop everything for the visit day that quickly, especially if they are coming from far away.

And remember who they decide isn’t just based on this one day. Ppl went to it last year and didn’t get in, and others didn’t go to it and still got in. Remember it’s always who’s app they like on a holistic level. You got this good luck!!
Awww thank you so muchhhh for your response! Honestly made me feel a lot better about the situation. I will just email them and let them know the reasoning. Honestly thank you again! Wishing you the best as well!

• Care
Reactions: 1 user