University of Minnesota Class of 2028 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Lost hope you guys, this was my IS school and one of my top choices :( of course I am grateful for getting accepted somewhere today but I’m devastated beyond words bc this is my home
ur still in the running! i hope u get in :( my state schools abandoned me it sucks

Members don't see this ad.

Did you get waitlisted?
No I just didn’t hear back. Based on last years thread I’m just assuming they filled their in state spots today and that today was my only chance and the rest is going to go to out of state in 2nd round of acceptances. And thank u guys appreciate ur support ❤️

Last edited:
  • Care
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
No I just didn’t hear back. Based on last years thread I’m just assuming they filled their in state spots today and the rest is going to go to out of state in 2nd round of acceptances. And thank u guys appreciate ur support ❤️
They will still accept IS students if you’re on the WL. It’s still possible. But you got an acceptance, it’s still something!

No I just didn’t hear back. Based on last years thread I’m just assuming they filled their in state spots today and the rest is going to go to out of state in 2nd round of acceptances. And thank u guys appreciate ur support

Keep your hopes high! Anything is possible!! I’m sure in state spots are still open, it shouldn’t be filled quite yet!

If anyone has any questions about UMN, feel free to reach out! We just finished our fall semester so I have some free time available! Congrats you all, you’ve all worked so hard for this moment.
Would it be silly for me to pick UMN if I'm an OOS resident? I prefer metropolitan cities and my in-state isn't really like that. I feel like it's kind of common to owe >500k in loans these days, but I understand that I could be wrong.

Would it be silly for me to pick UMN if I'm an OOS resident? I prefer metropolitan cities and my in-state isn't really like that. I feel like it's kind of common to owe >500k in loans these days, but I understand that I could be wrong.
UMN is a great school, we have about 35% of our class as OOS students. I think you should first consider the costs of things. UMN I know for OOS isn’t cheap. Compare that to your in state and if you think the difference in costs is worth the experience, then choose umn.

I'd have to agree with @Ryxndek and advise you to consider cost first. You can always move after graduating from school.

That said Minneapolis is lovely and the UMN is both beautiful and competent so choosing UMN would be a great choice!

Deposit is down and officially accepted my offer! Is there a groupme or facebook group for the class of '28 yet?

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Deposit is down and officially accepted my offer! Is there a groupme or facebook group for the class of '28 yet?
If there is one made, it will be found on the main page of the google site they send to you for incoming students. Usually they wait until a student makes one and sends the link to admissions letting them know so they can publish it.

is your in-state school public?
what's the COA differential?

What programs did you get accepted to? Because I am a little confused as to what school you are thinking with this post as well: Location after graduation question

just interviewed today, does anyone know when the next round of acceptances would come out?

Members don't see this ad :)
just interviewed today, does anyone know when the next round of acceptances would come out?
Usually sometime in mid/late January. I think a few of my friends got accepted around that time. You could always call back and ask, but otherwise I'd expect next round to be released during that time frame.

Will be declining my seat sometime this week (OOS), so sad bc i loved this school but my other option is significantly cheaper. Good luck to everyone :)

Reactions: 2 users
Has anybody heard anything? Or know when we could possibly hear something?

I interviewed on January 18th and the faculty mentioned it may take couple weeks to hear back.

Thank you all very much! 3:40 MST. International - Canadian

• Love
Has anyone who interviewed in January heard back?
I have not heard from then. Some said it was last Friday. Others said it might be this week. So we will see.

Rejected lmao. Ik imma offend some of y’all with this but I need to share my thoughts bc I’m not reapplying a 3rd time so it doesn’t matter at this point. I was devastated on Dec 15th when they ghosted me when they could’ve just said no but yk what this is fine by me, made my decision a lot easier. Applied last year interviewed and rejected, reapplied again this year interviewed and rejected again. I’m in state too. I’m just not going to be sad about this anymore.

To everyone still waiting: if you get rejected here remember it’s okay to be disappointed but also like you want to go a school where they want you too. Me being sad about this is like being sad over someone I had a crush on and they didn’t want me back, like why would you want someone who doesn’t want you?

Good luck to everyone who will be attending here glad you all found what you are looking for and I wish you all nothing but the best! And just bc I’m expressing my frustration with my situation remember I’m only talking about my POV, I’m not putting anyone who will be attending here down. This school chose you, you are this schools crush that turned into a relationship, and I’m happy it worked out for you. But this isn’t the place for me. I couldn’t be happier for where I’m actually attending, and I know at the end of the day I get to pursue my dream career in an institution that saw me for me and gave me enough grace to make this lifelong dream a reality.

Last edited:
  • Care
Rejected lmao. Ik imma offend some of y’all off with this but I need to share my thoughts bc I’m not reapplying a 3rd time so it doesn’t matter at this point. I was devastated on Dec 15th when they flat out ghosted me when they could’ve just said no but yk what this is fine by me, made my decision a lot easier. Applied last year interviewed and rejected, reapplied again this year interviewed and rejected again. I’m in state too. I’m just not going to be sad about this anymore I’m standing my ground and I’m not going to beg for something that doesn’t want me.

To everyone still waiting: if you get rejected here remember it’s okay to be disappointed but also like you want to go a school where they want you too. Me being sad about this is like being sad over someone I had a crush on and they didn’t want me back, like why would you want someone who doesn’t want you?

Good luck to everyone who will be attending here glad you all found what you are looking for and I wish you all nothing but the best! This school chose you, you are this schools crush that turned into a relationship, and I’m happy it worked out for you. But this isn’t the place for me. I couldn’t be happier for where I’m actually attending, and I know at the end of the day I get to pursue my dream career in an institution that saw me for me and gave me enough grace to make this lifelong dream a reality.
which school did you choose?

which school did you choose?
I don’t feel comfortable sharing for privacy reasons bc it’ll be very clearly identifiable information based on my history with UMN and it took a lot for me to open up in that last post so but I’m leaving the state and it’s a private school. Gonna be more expensive but even if I have to drown in loans, I’ll do what it takes to become a dentist I’m that passionate about it.

I don’t feel comfortable sharing for privacy reasons bc it’ll be very clearly identifiable information based on my history with UMN and it took a lot for me to open up in that last post so but I’m leaving the state and it’s a private school. Gonna be more expensive but even if I have to drown in loans, I’ll do what it takes to become a dentist I’m that passionate about it.
awesome
good luck to you...

Sorry to bother you but could you check again? I heard something about the class being full so I just want to check! Thank you

There are around four seats remaining compared to the usual class sizes from past years, but the sheet records students who put down the deposit and submitted a specific form. Might not be entirely accurate but should be a good reference.

Hi Guys! I am currently on the waitlist and have gotten an invite to attend the Visit day on March 29th. Does anyone know if this will impact my acceptance? Does it look "bad" if I cannot make it?

Hi Guys! I am currently on the waitlist and have gotten an invite to attend the Visit day on March 29th. Does anyone know if this will impact my acceptance? Does it look "bad" if I cannot make it?
do you want to worry for the rest of your life if it made a difference negatively if you don't attend?

no one can tell you for sure if it will impact your acceptance
but put yourself in the adcom's shoes
would you be more likely to pick someone off the waitlist that you were able to meet and was willing to spend the time and effort to attend a visit day?