ECU School of Dental Medicine Class of 2028 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Ryxndek

D2 Minnesota
Volunteer Staff
Reaction score
Link to last year's thread: ECU School of Dental Medicine Class of 2027 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Link to interview prep: East Carolina University School of Dental Medicine Interview Feedback
----> Be sure to give feedback on your interview to help future applicants! :)

Link to school website: East Carolina University School of Dental Medicine

Class of 2024 (ADEA Guide) General Stats:
Overall GPA: 3.50
Science GPA: 3.43
DAT: 20.4AA, 19.9TS, 20.1PAT
Applied: 381
OOS: 49 Applied, N/A Interviewed, 0 Accepted
IS: 329 Applied, N/A Interviewed, 84 Accepted
International: 3 Applied, N/A Interviewed, 0 Accepted
# Enrolled: 52
Class of 2026 (ADEA Guide) General Stats:
Overall GPA: 3.60
Science GPA: 3.52
DAT: 20.6AA, 20.2TS, 20.9PAT
Applied: 323
OOS: 35 Applied, 2 Accepted
IS: 284 Applied, 78 Accepted
International: 4 Applied, 0 Accepted
# Enrolled: 51
5th-95th Percentiles
Science: 3.09-3.97
Overall: 3.19-3.98

**ECU only accepts North Carolina Residents! (But I guess not for CO 2026, they had 1 student from TN enroll)

Good luck everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Interview #3
School: ECU
Notification date: 8/4
Method of notification: Email
Residency: IS
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/1
Application complete date: 7/31
GPA (science, overall): 3.72, 3.74
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 25,25,23,no
Dates available: every Tuesday and Thursday
Method of interview: In-Person

Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone heard anything since early August? I'm surprised by the lack of responses here!

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone heard anything since early August? I'm surprised by the lack of responses here!
They sent out a large batch in early August and will be sending out another one for their November interviews! I spoke with them a few weeks ago.

They sent out a large batch in early August and will be sending out another one for their November interviews! I spoke with them a few weeks ago.
Thank you, this is so helpful! So they send their invites in batches then, not on a rolling basis? Do you happen to know how many "batches" they send out? Like will this next batch be the last for pre-Dec interviews if that makes sense

Last edited:
Thank you so much, this is so helpful! So they send their invites in batches then, not on a rolling basis? Do you happen to know how many "batches" they send out? Like will this next batch be the last for pre-Dec interviews if that makes sense
it's my understanding that they'll only be sending out one more batch but I'm not 100% certain. Definitely not rolling invites.

Gotcha. Helpful to know this info!
it's my understanding that they'll only be sending out one more batch but I'm not 100% certain. Definitely not rolling invites.

Last edited:
Anyone submit their application in late September? I don’t know if I would be automatically rejected lol bc I was late submitting it and this is a small school so they get through their applicants pretty fast

Anyone submit their application in late September? I don’t know if I would be automatically rejected lol bc I was late submitting it and this is a small school so they get through their applicants pretty fast
it's still late september
trust the process...

Hi, fellow pre-dental peers,
I received an email from ECU SODM that said my application was under further review on August 16, 2023. I have not yet received an interview invitation. Did anyone else have their application under review at the same time and receive an interview invitation? I am just wondering if I would be in the next batch of invites, or if I was rejected without an email of rejection. Could someone give me advice or guidance, please:) Has anyone received a rejection email?

Members don't see this ad :)
I received an email from ECU SODM that said my application was under further review on August 16, 2023. I have not yet received an interview invitation. Did anyone else have their application under review at the same time and receive an interview invitation? I am just wondering if I would be in the next batch of invites, or if I was rejected without an email of rejection. Could someone give me advice or guidance, please:)

I received an email from ECU SODM that said my application was under further review on August 16, 2023. I have not yet received an interview invitation. Did anyone else have their application under review at the same time and receive an interview invitation? I am just wondering if I would be in the next batch of invites, or if I was rejected without an email of rejection. Could someone give me advice or guidance, please:)
you are still under review and have not been rejected
trust the process...

Has anyone reached out to dental schools to see if they needed any updated information regarding your application?

Has anyone sent a letter of interest to the admissions office/did it help?

I submitted September 30 and already had my interview :)

Has anyone applied and their portal still just says further review/verified in the app status? I have not received an interview, and I am concerned I missed something.

Hi, does anyone know if ECU has accepted anyone on Dec 15th who interviewed at the beginning of December in previous years, or is it too soon?

Last edited:
Also just got a call and acceptance at 8:20!!!! Congrats to all and good luck to those still waiting to hear back!

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Hi pre-dents, when is a good time to send a letter of intent? I did not receive an offer of acceptance on decision day and do not know when it is an appropriate time since ECU is still interviewing applicants.

If anyone here who has been accepted as a reapplicant could please DM me, I'd appreciate it! :giggle:

They told me they're interviewing a few more people before sending out the second wave, bc I'm pretty sure today was the deadline for acceptances sent out December 15th. So at least they should know how many spots are left today! No idea when they'll finish up interviews though.

They told me they're interviewing a few more people before sending out the second wave, bc I'm pretty sure today was the deadline for acceptances sent out December 15th. So at least they should know how many spots are left today! No idea when they'll finish up interviews though.
And that was when I interviewed last Tuesday

Based on last year’s forums, the second wave of acceptance offers were sent out the week of January 23rd. This doesn’t mean that the same will be true this year, but I’m expecting offers to come out some time next week.

Has anyone heard anything this week? I assume the next wave of offers will be next week, but you never know.

Does anyone know from reading previous forums, if the second wave of acceptance offers are offered via phone call or email?

I know from friends that got offers this cycle that it’s been a mix of both. I attended a summer program where the admissions director said that they would attempt to call first then send an email shortly after. All in all, when you receive on offer you’re not gonna miss it. This seems messed up but I personally am going into next week with the mentality that I won’t get an offer so that I won’t get hurt emotionally if it doesn’t happen for me.