UTSD-Houston Class of 2028 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Ryxndek

D1 Minnesota
Volunteer Staff
Reaction score
Link to last year's thread: UTSD-Houston Class of 2027 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Link to interview prep: University of Texas Health Science Center-Houston School of Dentistry Interview Feedback
----> Be sure to give feedback on your interview to help future applicants! :)

Link to school website: UT Health-Houston School of Dentistry

Class of 2024 (ADEA Guide) General Stats:
Overall GPA: 3.78
Science GPA: 3.73
DAT: 22.3AA, 21.9TS, 20.9PAT
Applied: 1,438
OOS: 569 Applied, 27 Interviewed, 15 Accepted
IS: 844 Applied, 248 Interviewed, 144 Accepted
International: 25 Applied, 0 Interviewed, 0 Accepted
# Enrolled: 104
Class of 2026 (ADEA Guide) General Stats:
Overall GPA: 3.83
Science GPA: 3.80
DAT: 22.0AA, 21.8TS, 21.0PAT
Applied: 1,011
OOS: 121 Applied, 15 Accepted
IS: 879 Applied, 182 Accepted
International: 11 Applied, 0 Accepted
# Enrolled: 106
5th-95th Percentiles
Science: 3.29-4.00
Overall: 3.43-4.00

Good luck everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone recieved a confirmation that UTSD has gotten your application? Only Texas school so far that hasn't sent me anything. (Submitted on 05/19)
I got an email confirmation that my application was received. I submitted end of June.

I got an email confirmation that my application was received. I submitted end of June.
Where are you guys doing the secondary application? Did u receive an email from them after submitting the TMDSAS one? Or how can I access it? I'm new to applying and submitted my application 8/9. I'm anxious as I dont know what to do next. If I should be waiting or not. Am I supposed to foward my ADA score to the school aswell? Or does it automatically post to the app? I'm also a Texas resident.

Members don't see this ad :)
Where are you guys doing the secondary application? Did u receive an email from them after submitting the TMDSAS one? Or how can I access it? I'm new to applying and submitted my application 8/9. I'm anxious as I dont know what to do next. If I should be waiting or not. Am I supposed to foward my ADA score to the school aswell? Or does it automatically post to the app? I'm also a Texas resident.
only TAMCOD has a secondary on their website. you have to access it by yourself through the website. the other tx schools don’t have secondaries. you’ll get a confirmation email from the schools once your application has been verified. it takes about a month for TMDSAS.

Looks like another round of interviews were sent out. Unless they sent out interview invites last Thursday, it seems like every other Thursday is when interview invites go out.

Interview #2
School: UTSD-Houston
Notification date: 8/14
Method of notification: Email
Residency: IS
TMDSAS mail-out date: 6/03/23
Application complete date: 7/21/23
GPA (science, overall): 3.80, 3.90
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading any section below a 17): 25/27/24/22, No
Interview date: 08/29
Method of interview: In Person

Interview #4
School: UTSD-Houston
Notification date: 8/30
Method of notification: Email
Residency: IS
TMDSAS mail-out date: 6/23/23
Application complete date: 7/27/23
GPA (science, overall): 3.90, 3.95
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading any section below a 17): 24/22/20/30, No
Interview date: 09/26
Method of interview: In Person

Have any more interviews been sent out recently?
I don't know whether the schools are barely sending out any invitations or people are just not updating the threads at all, but all Texas schools have been dead silent.

Trust me, everyone's dying to hear something from them. Hopefully we'll see more invitations this month...

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know what the last day is for sending out pre-dec interviews for this school?

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi all,
Congratulations to everyone who has been admitted and to those who are continuing their interviews! I am one of the Class of 2027 officers and wanted to provide the official link to the Class of 2028 Facebook Group: UTSD Houston Class of 2028
Upon joining, you'll be asked to DM a screenshot of your acceptance to one of the officers to be approved into the Facebook Group. Thanks everyone!

Has anybody received an acceptance e-mail yet?

I don’t know if they give us that information, if I had to guess it would be maybe be this week coming up. What I do know is that the second acceptance cycle hasn’t been sent out. I emailed admissions

Has anybody heard back fron the second round now, or not yet?

how do you know?
I am currently in the CO2028 GroupMe and recently a huge wave of new people joined. I can't guarantee this is that "2nd wave" but it's just some information I thought you might find useful.

based on last years thread, do y'all think we will hear back this week?

I did not interview and did not receive a rejection email. Does that mean I am still being considered for an interview? Is anyone else in this position?

I did not interview and did not receive a rejection email. Does that mean I am still being considered for an interview? Is anyone else in this position?
I know some schools don’t send rejections letter until and even after dental school starts. So you can ask by sending an email.

Yay!! Congrats What time did you get accepted ?

that’s awesome! I’m hoping to join you in August 🙏🏻 congrats again☺️ !!

• Love
I’m sure they are! I believe they send them out as people accept or reject (from diff schools). Last year I was waitlisted mid April

Are they sending more out this week? Or is it a weekly/bi-weekly thing?
They are definitely sending out more offers! I'm not sure when they are though since this is my first cycle applying, but it seems like maybe end of Feb/early March there will be more acceptances looking at last year's thread!

Reactions: 1 users
Are they sending more out this week? Or is it a weekly/bi-weekly thing?
I’m not sure, it could be either or , maybe depending on how many people accept the offers they send. Once they send the offer I believe they have one week to accept or decline it.

Has this school sent emails for waitlist? or just acceptances/rejections