*****Official PASS 2025 Endodontic Residency Interviews/Information***

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Are board scores supposed to show up on the check status screen? I submitted my NBDE Part 1 and 2 scores but it doesn't show anything about them

Yes, once your scores arrive at ADEA, they attach to your account and then they show up. Mine just popped up today, Ordered some time ago.

Members don't see this ad.

My university just informed me that ADEA contacted them to tell them that there is an issue with the ADEA PASS Liason Letter System and that they are not accepting institution evaluations at this time. Anyone else hearing this or know a way around it?

Yes, once your scores arrive at ADEA, they attach to your account and then they show up. Mine just popped up today, Ordered some time ago.
Did both show up on ADEA PASS or just one? When I ordered there was a bubble on the ADA site that said order either part 1 or 2 and they would send both so I only ordered part 2 but now I'm wondering if that was a mistake

Members don't see this ad :)
Did both show up on ADEA PASS or just one? When I ordered there was a bubble on the ADA site that said order either part 1 or 2 and they would send both so I only ordered part 2 but now I'm wondering if that was a mistake
Not a mistake- you only have to order one part and they will send both.

Reactions: 1 users
Is anyone applying to the NY VA Hospital residency? I am trying to get more info about submitting my application but no response when calling or emailing the number/email on the PDF with the instructions for applying. Which btw looks like it was published in 2021, is this the most current document or am I missing something?

-Where to send my NBDE scores, it is not included in the ADA checklist. Do I email the program director?
-Any way to check the status of whether it was received?
-Filling out sections 7a-c in section one of Form 10-2850d?
-Ok to have my LOR sent directly instead of with my packet?

Thanks for any help, best of luck to us!

My university just informed me that ADEA contacted them to tell them that there is an issue with the ADEA PASS Liason Letter System and that they are not accepting institution evaluations at this time. Anyone else hearing this or know a way around it?
I contacted PASS because of same thing. Apparently it was because their was two “apostrophes” in my institutional eval form and PASS won’t accept that to upload. Still unsure what that even means. The lady at PASS deleted the apostrophes and my school was able to then upload. Strange.

Where are we suppose to say that we attended AAE? and where can we add CE credits?

Both showed up, order one only

Does anyone know if the transcript is "received" on the PASA application status, it means that its finalized and the transcripts are in? So we don't need to send additional ones to schools individually (unless they ask for them)

Has anyone gotten the follow-up emails to submit supplemental fee for BU, Upenn, Loma linda, Tufts? I submitted PASS more than a week ago but still haven't received the email back from the schools.

Reactions: 1 user
When do the programs usually start sending out the interviews? When is the earliest time?

When do the programs usually start sending out the interviews? When is the earliest time?

Look up last years thread “Official Pass 2024 Endodontic” post #1087 will give you dates they went out last year by program. Things changes year to year, but should be close. First week June and on.

Do the programs email you to pay their secondary fees/supplemental applications once they have received your completed application? Or do you need to go to their website and do it yourself before hearing anything from them first?

Members don't see this ad :)
Do the programs email you to pay their secondary fees/supplemental applications once they have received your completed application? Or do you need to go to their website and do it yourself before hearing anything from them first?
it's a mix of both, as far as I'm aware, Boston, Loma Linda, Detroit Mercy will email you. Boston emailed me 1 day after I applied, same with Detroit but they didn't send the email with the payment link, just the one with the info, and nothing from Loma Linda

Is there anything against accepting a position to like your #2 or #3 school then backing out if you get into your #1 choice like a week or two later?

Is there anything against accepting a position to like your #2 or #3 school then backing out if you get into your #1 choice like a week or two later?

Highly frowned upon, very small and tight community. You get in, count your lucky stars and be blessed you’ll be an endodontist, tons will never get the chance. In the end, it’s your choice, but I wouldn’t do it. Most offers will want you to pull your apps from other programs (atleast that’s what I’ve come to understand).

It's a bit of an unspoken no-no to keep going to interviews after you've accepted somewhere. I'm sure people have gotten away with it, but the program directors all know each other and talk... it might not be the best way to start your residency...

10/10 do not recommend doing this once you have committed. Could end up losing both.

You can ask your #2/3 PD if you can attend the interview. I know who people who did this and the PD let the attend the interview.

Also, if you get accepted at #2/3 but have #1 interview coming up, it's OK to ask for a couple of days to make your decision, which could give you enough time to attend #1 interview.

You can ask your #2/3 PD if you can attend the interview. I know who people who did this and the PD let the attend the interview.

Also, if you get accepted at #2/3 but have #1 interview coming up, it's OK to ask for a couple of days to make your decision, which could give you enough time to attend #1 interview.
This is what I was hoping to hear. Not having to go through the match process is nice, but it can also stink to have to take an acceptance with other options still out there.

This is what I was hoping to hear. Not having to go through the match process is nice, but it can also stink to have to take an acceptance with other options still out there.
Y’all need to get an interview before these hypotheticals lol

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
Has anyone else had to have their official transcripts mailed in because their school didn't use the two electronic services? If so, have they had theirs received yet? Mine were confirmed mailed on the 10th, but ADEA told me it can take up to 10 business days for them to process. Just seeing if anyone else's has shown up yet

My third evaluator can’t write a rec letter until end of June. I submitted my application but the last rec letter will be submitted late. Is that bad?

My third evaluator can’t write a rec letter until end of June. I submitted my application but the last rec letter will be submitted late. Is that bad?
If a school requires 3 letters of rec and you only have 2 letters of rec submitted, it'll be seen as an incomplete application. To my understanding, many places don't consider sending interview invites to incomplete apps.

And as you know from your research that only a handful send interview invites on/after July. So it could be bad since you're application won't be considered completed until half way through the cycle.

Has anyone else had to have their official transcripts mailed in because their school didn't use the two electronic services? If so, have they had theirs received yet? Mine were confirmed mailed on the 10th, but ADEA told me it can take up to 10 business days for them to process. Just seeing if anyone else's has shown up yeti
Has anyone else had to have their official transcripts mailed in because their school didn't use the two electronic services? If so, have they had theirs received yet? Mine were confirmed mailed on the 10th, but ADEA told me it can take up to 10 business days for them to process. Just seeing if anyone else's has shown up yet
I sent mine on 11th. When I called PASS today, the lady told me to call them next week and see if it has been uploaded.

This is not the best situation to be in. I would find another recommender ASAP, since you are allowed a total of 5, to write a letter so your application can be considered complete.

Anyone else's school transcript taking forever to be received? I sent it electronically and still nothing 2 weeks later

Anyone else's school transcript taking forever to be received? I sent it electronically and still nothing 2 weeks later
Same! I sent it electronically on 8th, received an email saying it was retrieved by ADEA PASS on 18th, but it still hasn't been posted to my application.

Same! I sent it electronically on 8th, received an email saying it was retrieved by ADEA PASS on 18th, but it still hasn't been posted to my application.
They say it takes 5-7 business days for it to post, but we're at 10 now if you submitted day 1. Just sucks because it's something completely out of your control. At least with LORs I can pester the evaluators

They say it takes 5-7 business days for it to post, but we're at 10 now if you submitted day 1. Just sucks because it's something completely out of your control. At least with LORs I can pester the evaluators
Agreed. Unfortunately there's nothing I can do about it.

Last edited:
Guys, if the 3 required LOR arrive, the app is completed and can be reviewed right? I have registered 5, but only 3 have been completed thus far

Just wondering, has anyone been able to get there Institutional evaluation letter submitted as yet to PASS as yet? I emailed my school and they say that ADEA PASS has a glitch which makes it unable for the school to submit the Dean's letter (IEF).

What's the email address for ADEA PASS? I could not find t to send electronic report.

same here

What's the email address for ADEA PASS? I could not find t to send electronic report.
The transcript service website didn't provide what the email address was for ADEA PASS, only a drop down list of which organization I wanted it sent to

Just wondering, has anyone been able to get there Institutional evaluation letter submitted as yet to PASS as yet? I emailed my school and they say that ADEA PASS has a glitch which makes it unable for the school to submit the Dean's letter (IEF).
worked for me no issues

It's probably the same issue that is going on with the LORs. If they are trying to copy and paste their whole letter, it's probably telling them that there are invalid characters. If so, they need to copy and paste a couple sentences at a time and save it in-between each time. Or just type the whole thing out.

Transcript finally posted on PASS 15 days later. I'm back on the train boys and girls and we ain't stopping

Reactions: 1 users
I just heard form my school. Institution eval links are not working till June 2. Anyone else got it done??

I just heard form my school. Institution eval links are not working till June 2. Anyone else got it done??
My school Dean recently submitted on Monday 5/20, did not report any issues about the link!

Have most of you been able to complete your application? I requested my Instituional evaluation recently and I am afraid this will delay my application.

Anyone know if NYU Require a minimum Adat score ??

Does UF Gainesville need recommendations separately as part of the supplemental application?

Does anybody know why sometimes the programs cannot see all the transcripts submitted to Pass? Two programs contacted because they didn’t receive my official dental school transcript. Has anyone encountered this issue?
Thank you and good luck to all of you!

Just fyi program directors are aware of the problems PASS is experiencing. Hope that’s a relief to many

Reactions: 3 users