NYU DPT cycle 2022-2023

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Aabeille

Reaction score
Hello,
I was wondering if anyone has received an interview invitation from NYU?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Got a call from them on the 28th of October to schedule an interview. I submitted my application end of August. Hope this helps!
Did you interview with them? It sounds like it took a long time for them to set up an interview for you.
Also, they called instead of e-mail or both? Thanks.

Did you interview with them? It sounds like it took a long time for them to set up an interview for you.
Also, they called instead of e-mail or both? Thanks.
Yeah, I interviewed with them this past Saturday. I didn't receive an email invitation but maybe if you don't answer the call they'll send an email out instead?

Yeah, I interviewed with them this past Saturday. I didn't receive an email invitation but maybe if you don't answer the call they'll send an email out instead?
That's helpful to know. How was the interview, if you don't mind sharing?

That's helpful to know. How was the interview, if you don't mind sharing?
It was very laid back! I interviewed with a professor and an alumni. Basic interview questions, strengths, weaknesses, why PT, why NYU, how do you overcome challenges and step outside of your comfort zone, etc.

It was very laid back! I interviewed with a professor and an alumni. Basic interview questions, strengths, weaknesses, why PT, why NYU, how do you overcome challenges and step outside of your comfort zone, etc.
Thanks! This is very helpful.

Reactions: 1 user
By any chance, did NYU say when they might get back to you of their decision after the interview?

Thanks for the info! Hoping for an interview invite soon. Did they also give you a tour or anything like that?
They gave a tour of the facility itself which was literally just one floor and three rooms, a little underwhelming if im being honest lol, but they give another optional tour of the surrounding areas after the interview if you'd like.

They gave a tour of the facility itself which was literally just one floor and three rooms, a little underwhelming if im being honest lol, but they give another optional tour of the surrounding areas after the interview if you'd like.
Wow didn’t expect such a small facility.
Thanks.

Members don't see this ad :)
Was your interview also very laid back? Also, did they contact you by phone?
The interview was super laid back and I felt very comfortable even though it was my first in-person interview, I was early so I first went to talk to current students and they were so kind and welcoming. Then I interviewed with one professor and two alumni; very typical interview questions, and then they opened it to me for questions. We had unlimited time to do a writing sample which was very straightforward (I took about 30 minutes on it, to handwrite max one page)Then I took a tour of the building, which as stated above was underwhelming, but I know the clinical connections they have are so incredible and make up for the classically lackluster NYC building. I am out of state and was also accepted to my state school with tuition being less than half the price of NYU, so it's really hard to justify. They emailed me about an update in my NYU portal for the acceptance, but had previously called me for the interview.

The interview was super laid back and I felt very comfortable even though it was my first in-person interview, I was early so I first went to talk to current students and they were so kind and welcoming. Then I interviewed with one professor and two alumni; very typical interview questions, and then they opened it to me for questions. We had unlimited time to do a writing sample which was very straightforward (I took about 30 minutes on it, to handwrite max one page)Then I took a tour of the building, which as stated above was underwhelming, but I know the clinical connections they have are so incredible and make up for the classically lackluster NYC building. I am out of state and was also accepted to my state school with tuition being less than half the price of NYU, so it's really hard to justify. They emailed me about an update in my NYU portal for the acceptance, but had previously called me for the interview.
I didn't realize there was a writing portion. What did you have to write about, if you don't mind sharing.
Completely understand about the cost. The cost of living in the city, on top of tuition is outrageous. I live in the city which is why I am interested. The cost is still high but it would be convenient for me. I just sent in my GRE scores few weeks ago to complete my application. Hoping to hear back.

from jersey so pretty close!
I see you also applied to U of Pitt. I put residential as first choice, open to hybrid. More and more, I am thinking hybrid could be a good, cost effective option. Did you apply to residential or hybrid?

I see you also applied to U of Pitt. I put residential as first choice, open to hybrid. More and more, I am thinking hybrid could be a good, cost effective option. Did you apply to residential or hybrid?
I applied to both but put hybrid as my first option since it'll be more cost-effective. I'm heavily leaning towards Arcadia's Hybrid program tho.

I applied to both but put hybrid as my first option since it'll be more cost-effective. I'm heavily leaning towards Arcadia's Hybrid program tho.
Got it. I didn't even know hybrid programs existed until I looked into U. of Pitt.
Is Arcadia even more cost effective?

Got it. I didn't even know hybrid programs existed until I looked into U. of Pitt.
Is Arcadia even more cost effective?
they're both relatively the same! but Arcadia is an hour from home vs Pitt is around 6 hours so cost of travel for the immersions etc Arcadia ends up being cheaper for me!

they're both relatively the same! but Arcadia is an hour from home vs Pitt is around 6 hours so cost of travel for the immersions etc Arcadia ends up being cheaper for me!
I see. That's great that you have many options to consider and choose from! It's been good to talk through this process with others on the forum. Hope all goes well for you.

I see. That's great that you have many options to consider and choose from! It's been good to talk through this process with others on the forum. Hope all goes well for you.
For sure! Best of luck to you too!!!

Anybody interviewing with NYU in late January? They offered me Dec 9th but that’s just too short notice and I live in cali. But I am worried there are few spots available because of rolling admission.

Anybody interviewing with NYU in late January? They offered me Dec 9th but that’s just too short notice and I live in cali. But I am worried there are few spots available because of rolling admission.
Hey,
That’s great you were invited for an interview! I am still hoping for an interview.
Good luck.

I still haven't heard back from NYU and few other schools - no rejection, no interview invitation. Does anyone know if schools usually get back to the applicants if they are rejected? Should I assume that I am rejected?

I still haven't heard back from NYU and few other schools - no rejection, no interview invitation. Does anyone know if schools usually get back to the applicants if they are rejected? Should I assume that I am rejected?
Hey, not sure if this helps but I just got notified today that I got waitlisted for NYU. I am not sure if anybody is in the same boat but I believe they do let you know on the result. I would try emailing the department.

Hey, not sure if this helps but I just got notified today that I got waitlisted for NYU. I am not sure if anybody is in the same boat but I believe they do let you know on the result. I would try emailing the department.
Thanks I will email them.