Maryland Class of 2028 Interview/Acceptance Thread

I emailed them today and they said if you interviewed they are still sending more acceptances “very soon” whatever that means

Thank you fore getting back to me on that!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I submitted my secondary 11/7, but never heard about an interview. Does this probably mean they are no longer interested in me? I saw most people heard back in 2-3 weeks about an interview invite after submitting their secondaries.

Members don't see this ad :)
does maryland announce a waitlist? or do we just assume we are on it if we don’t hear? have they sent out any rejections this cycle yet?

I submitted my secondary 11/7, but never heard about an interview. Does this probably mean they are no longer interested in me? I saw most people heard back in 2-3 weeks about an interview invite after submitting their secondaries.
Have you tried reaching out to them directly?

Members don't see this ad :)
Just declined my offer, best of luck to everyone waiting on an acceptance!

Reactions: 3 users
I'm in the same boat too... I submitted my secondary application on 11/5 and haven't heard back yet. I'm also a Maryland resident, by the way.

Anyone gotten an acceptance since Friday?
most schools do not send out until after the initial deposit deadline (jan15)
a few will send out before then, but not likely until after the new year
trust the process...

Anyone know when UMD will pick up interviews again?

What are the chances of getting an interview this month? I got an email saying they received my secondary on dec 15

What are the chances of getting an interview this month? I got an email saying they received my secondary on dec 15
Fairly strong, as a second time applicant, I got my Maryland interview invite this time last year, so just be patient and positive

Got my secondary application yesterday, so those should still be going out I'm assuming.

Have they shared how many more interview dates exist? Seems like there's a number of follks with secondaries who have not heard back on an official interview

Received supplemental today

Do you remember when they did it? Im just trying to see if they announced a waitlist already and if im just not on it and have no chance lol.
Yes! So I was waitlisted end of March last year because my interview was beginning of February, but I am sure they already had a waitlist created for those prospective students who were interviewed in the fall and did not get in immediately

Yes! So I was waitlisted end of March last year because my interview was beginning of February, but I am sure they already had a waitlist created for those prospective students who were interviewed in the fall and did not get in immediately
thank you!!

Just officially declined my offer. Wishing you all success and luck in the application cycle!

Reactions: 2 users
For those that submitted secondaries, what are you doing to stay involved with adcom? I have not heard back on an interview

December '23
You’re fine, every office was closed for the holidays until this week, so they’re just getting back into admissions process. For added context, I submitted my secondaries end of November, and I haven’t heard back yet either, but I’m expecting it to happen this month 100%

Reactions: 1 users
For those that submitted secondaries, what are you doing to stay involved with adcom? I have not heard back on an interview
If you already submitted your secondaries, I would just stay put and wait until they get back to you, no need to send out a letter of interest or anything like that. If you wanna call them, you could do that, but they won’t really much over the phone