Maryland Class of 2028 Interview/Acceptance Thread

i spoke directly with the admissions dept and they told me they have an estimate of 16-22 seats now available. Last offer they sent was on friday and those people have until april 12 to make both deposits. Waitlist is still being made so keep your hopes up!

Waitlist should be finalized soon

My guess is the Friday is when they send out emails
Is it 16-22 seats still left even if all those people who received acceptances takes a spot?

Members don't see this ad.

Yea thats what they told me too when I called yesterday. 16-22 seats is like alot. They need to give out 25-30 offers to fill those.
wow, that's a ton of seats
most schools, but especially a public, would be foolish to have anywhere near that many seats open in april
some private schools like usc and the midwesterns may have more...
ok, i was wrong, sorry

All I know is some people accepted and either paid the first or both deposits. I just don't know if those 16-22 seats that are available include or exclude the offers sent last friday

Members don't see this ad :)
Welp no waitlist today, I guess thurs and friday will def confirm if they gonna keep handing out acceptances or just waitlist.

Also waitlisted today @12:25 through email.

Reactions: 1 user
Waitlisted as well 🥲 hopefully spots will open up soon

yeaaa lowkey we screwed, maybe the class is actually full 🤣. Here’s to the next cycle, keep them heads up!

Members don't see this ad :)
are there people that have not received a waitlist invitation or has like everyone gotten it like Pitt?

that was more for anyone who happened to not hear to comment back on. or if someone knew someone who didn’t get a waitlist email today. obviously no one else would know.
I have another friend who applied and interview same date at me and didn’t get waitlist. Maybe the waitlist is actually another screening and only some people are filtered out? Ik it says “applicants were highly considering for the 2024 admission”. But I feel like we should take that as a grain of salt. Nothing happens until they have a definite number of how many seats open ig. That definite number comes out after April 12th as the last round of acceptances deposits are due. They also did say based on trends from pervious years, the seats do open up in the next months. But I feel like that a max of 3-5 seats outta like 30-40 ppl on the waitlist lol. Chances now are extremely low imo but it can happen.

Reactions: 1 users
^^ haha not trying to bring anyone down. I’m in the same position and this is what facts are from previous years. Better to prepare than keep hoping and mess up your next cycle too. Wishing everyone the best of luck!

I have another friend who applied and interview same date at me and didn’t get waitlist. Maybe the waitlist is actually another screening and only some people are filtered out? Ik it says “applicants were highly considering for the 2024 admission”. But I feel like we should take that as a grain of salt. Nothing happens until they have a definite number of how many seats open ig. That definite number comes out after April 12th as the last round of acceptances deposits are due. They also did say based on trends from pervious years, the seats do open up in the next months. But I feel like that a max of 3-5 seats outta like 30-40 ppl on the waitlist lol. Chances now are extremely low imo but it can happen.
yeah i agree the chances are likely pretty low, the later it gets the lower the odds are of getting in. you’re right here for sure. wishing you luck as well!

My adea changed from under review to none meaning rejection is imminent without interview. Not expecting anything this cycle all rejection I guess. Lol 😂 the path 32 calculator said with my stat probability of getting to at least one dental school is 67% yet big fat zero this cycle

Hey guys. I ended up getting an acceptance last week and have recently declined my offer. OOS and interviewed late January. UMSOD is certainly a great school, but I've already committed elsewhere.

I don't usually post on online forums, but I've been lurking on here for the longest time so I felt inclined to. Maybe I'm not the only one that'll be declining. I sincerely hope my seat goes to one of you guys!

Reactions: 9 users
Hey guys. I ended up getting an acceptance last week and have recently declined my offer. OOS and interviewed late January. UMSOD is certainly a great school, but I've already committed elsewhere.

I don't usually post on online forums, but I've been lurking on here for the longest time so I felt inclined to. Maybe I'm not the only one that'll be declining. I sincerely hope my seat goes to one of you guys!
thanks so much for the update!! good luck in dental school!

ACCEPTED TODAY @ 9:18 PST!! Interviewed on January 26, but guys please remember, your dreams will come true, just don’t give up for even a second!! I was waitlisted at UMSOD last year this day and now a year later, my patience finally paid off. Your turns are imminent as well I promise ❤️🙏❤️
hey congrats! what did you do differently this cycle? any add ons on your application?

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Hopefully some movement on the waitlists next week since deposits were due today 🙏🏽

• Care
Hopefully some movement on the waitlists next week since deposits were due today 🙏🏽
I know you also waiting on few schools for acceptance. Good luck and have a great weekend .......:xf:🙏

ACCEPTED TODAY @ 9:18 PST!! Interviewed on January 26, but guys please remember, your dreams will come true, just don’t give up for even a second!! I was waitlisted at UMSOD last year this day and now a year later, my patience finally paid off. Your turns are imminent as well I promise ❤️🙏❤️
Congratulations future classmate🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽

• Care
Accepted off the waitlist on 4/10. I am OOS, interviewed in October, and was waitlisted on 4/5. Thank you everyone for being so helpful and supportive throughout this process and wishing all the best.

• Care
Reactions: 7 users
Accepted off the waitlist on 4/10. I am OOS, interviewed in October, and was waitlisted on 4/5. Thank you everyone for being so helpful and supportive throughout this process and wishing all the best.
this gives me so much hope!!! i have the same exact time line i really hope i’m soon. congrats so happy for you!

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
How likely is it to get off the waitlist at this point??

How likely is it to get off the waitlist at this point??
I think the chances a pretty low this late but of course its not impossible. Im in the same position and im just putting my best foot forward towards applying and letting things take its course. If I get in, great, but if not just preparing a plan for reapplying. I think it's good to remain hopeful, but reasonably so. I wouldn't bank on getting off the waitlist to be completely honest

I think the chances a pretty low this late but of course its not impossible. Im in the same position and im just putting my best foot forward towards applying and letting things take its course. If I get in, great, but if not just preparing a plan for reapplying. I think it's good to remain hopeful, but reasonably so. I wouldn't bank on getting off the waitlist to be completely honest
that is call good planning and atitude

Last edited:
I just got an interview invite from UNE today. Trust these schools are actually not full yet, they’re still scrambling now to get these seats full. A lot of the schools are desperate especially getting a whole interview at pretty much the end of April.

I just got an interview invite from UNE today. Trust these schools are actually not full yet, they’re still scrambling now to get these seats full. A lot of the schools are desperate especially getting a whole interview at pretty much the end of April.
Wow its one of the school on my list for coming cycle. They are private schools and class size is small. Let us know the outcome and good luck on your interview. Looks like they need kira and secondary. :claps:

Wow its one of the school on my list for coming cycle. They are private schools and class size is small. Let us know the outcome and good luck on your interview. Looks like they need kira and secondary. :claps:
good luck to you next cycle. I’m pretty sure I got the interview because I pressured them a lot. I had leverage because of another school. I would push them a lot and keep contacting. Make it feel like that’s your #1 school to them.

good luck to you next cycle. I’m pretty sure I got the interview because I pressured them a lot. I had leverage because of another school. I would push them a lot and keep contacting. Make it feel like that’s your #1 school to them.
Thanks, I m a little hesitate to apply to school with small class size. Not sure if its worth it because preferences are given to IS and whatever leftover might not be that many seats left compare with schools with over 100 students. Just a thought but private school might run differently

Anyone know if the class is full yet?
prolly is, they sent out all the acceptance to fill the necessary seats so far. They just need to wait to see if anyone will drop the seat. By the looks of it there hasn’t been any waitlist movement. Same thing happened last year and the thread went into silence lol.