Crack DAT vs. DAT Bootcamp

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

alorena

Reaction score
Hello!

I am trying to figure out which is the best option for DAT prep. This will be the 3rd time I am re-taking. My issue lies mostly with the 3 science sections -- I score 18+ in the other sections. How do these two resources compare?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
From my personal experience, DATBootcamp was not representative of the actual DAT (especially for PAT and RC) and is insanely expensive so I wouldn't recommend it. So just be aware of that. I haven't used CracktheDAT so I can't comment.

If this is your 3rd time re-taking, what did you use the first time? Sadly there aren't any "magic" prep programs that will get you amazing scores. So I would pick what you use carefully.

Reactions: 1 users
From my personal experience, DATBootcamp was not representative of the actual DAT (especially for PAT and RC) and is insanely expensive so I wouldn't recommend it. So just be aware of that. I haven't used CracktheDAT so I can't comment.

If this is your 3rd time re-taking, what did you use the first time? Sadly there aren't any "magic" prep programs that will get you amazing scores. So I would pick what you use carefully.

I totally agree. To add to this there are better study tools available. PATBooster has a better PAT content than either DATBootcamp and CracktheDAT. You can also use DATDestroyer, Chad's videos (free), and DATqvault's RC. I personally used those and it helped me get a 26AA, 30PAT.

Thanks guys!! I’ll look into those additional resources!!

I previously was able to use my friend’s Bootcamp account before it expired. I found Mike’s videos to be alright but bio to be overwhelming, especially since I was under a time crunch. I just graduated college so I have a lot more free time to study now. But since Bootcamp is ~$500, I didn’t know if it would be worth it to try again or if there were better resources out there.

@SpitfireX9 Did you only use Bootcamp when you took the DAT? If not, what other resources did you use?

@1TrickUnicorn in your opinion, is DAT Destroyer a better resource for biology than the others?

Thanks again in advance :)

im on the same boat as you,