Best DAT study materials? DAT Bootcamp vs. Crack DAT vs. Any other recommended site

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Alaskan _Polarbear

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone !!

I am planning on retaking my DAT again just in case I get rejected from dental schools this cycle. I took the exam in 2017 when I was only a sophomore and scored 19AA 19TS and nothing lower than an 18 on all subjects. The first time I used DAT Bootcamp and relied on prior knowledge for biology (19) and organic chemistry (21).

This time around I decided to use DAT Destroyer as a learning tool; I am currently half-way done with the book and I can truly say it's been helping me re-jog my memory and is an amazing tool.

Basically my question is I want to use another online program to help stimulate the real DAT. I was wondering is it worth it to get DAT Bootcamp again if nothing really changed besides the price, or if I should use CrackDAT vs anything else anyone recommends

Members don't see this ad.

My suggestion: if you want to stimulate the real DAT, do the Prometric Test Drive a week or so before your exam. No online service will perfectly simulate the real DAT. Neither BC or CrackDAT are worth it from my experience. General Destroyer + Math Destroyer and something for PAT are all you need.

I used Bootcamp and Destroyer when I was studying and they both helped in different subjects. Bootcamp helped me a lot for Bio, GC, OC, and PAT while Destroyer gave me a lot of practice with Bio, QR, and more OC. I found a lot of the Destroyer questions to be WAY too hard, but it did help prepare me to think quickly and outside of the box faster. Both BC and DD have their positives and negatives, but if you've already done Bootcamp in the past and took notes/remember the subjects well enough, it might be better to stick with Destroyer this time. It's all about the practice problems if you already know a lot of the material.

Also, I thought Bootcamp simulated the real DAT testing program very well, but the real test wasn't daunting format wise. Bootcamp has 10 full length practice tests and that was worth it for me.

Reactions: 1 users