2023-2024 Wisconsin

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
The alternate list is out. I cry at my rank
It can’t be worse than mine! 54/64. Well, I gave it my best shot but it’s looking like an eventual rejection.

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Yes, so I think they said in the email that if they OOS waitlist runs out, they will increase the in-state/utilize that list more. But they also said more students are deciding to enroll into UW SMPH than before.

They mention its below average this year, does anyone know if UWSMPH has released data on their WL in the past 5 years?

Members don't see this ad :)
They mention its below average this year, does anyone know if UWSMPH has released data on their WL in the past 5 years?
2018-19 | 0 movement OOS
2019-20 | ~rank #2 OOS (but 11 spots)
2020-21 | ~rank #19 IS (OOS N/A, couldn't find number)
2021-22 | 0 movement OOS
2022-23 | ~rank #40s OOS

Here's what I found find for OOS data on SDN. Looks like reaching rank 50 was the exception in the past 5 years, not the norm.

Reactions: 1 user
2018-19 | 0 movement OOS
2019-20 | ~rank #2 OOS (but 11 spots)
2020-21 | ~rank #19 IS (OOS N/A, couldn't find number)
2021-22 | 0 movement OOS
2022-23 | ~rank #40s OOS

Here's what I found find for OOS data on SDN. Looks like reaching rank 50 was the exception in the past 5 years, not the norm.

Thanks for looking into this. Do you know if there’s any additional data on waitlist movement specifically for IS applicants from the past two cycles?

Last edited:
Thanks for looking into this. Do you know if there’s any additional data on waitlist movement specifically for IS applicants from the past two cycles?
Outside of SDN, I don't think UW releases waitlist data, even to AMCAS. On SDN in 2022-23, it looks like IS didn't go past #10 while 2021-22 had no numbers as far as I can tell. Before COVID, it seemed like UW accepted more IS than OOS off the waitlists though.

IS waitlist rank in the 20s. I’m fortunate to have an A elsewhere though so it’s all good! Was nice playing the waiting game with y’all, best of luck in med school and beyond!✌🏽

• Care
OOS rank 24, I am fortunate to have a a few A's elsewhere though so it’s all good! Best of luck to everyone holding out and best of luck to those starting medical school in the next couple of months!

• Care
Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone receive their financial aid offer yet?
They told us during admitted students day that financial aid won’t come out until this summer, with scholarship info not coming until August.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users
An IS friend of mine was accepted 1/19 and offered a scholarship 1/25. This is the only scholarship I’ve heard of so far this cycle.
Do you know if this was a full tuition scholarship or what type of scholarship it was ?

Has anybody got an update about the waitlist recently (expected movement, position..?

Does anyone know how to withdraw an application here? I don't see it on the Portal anywhere

if I’m on the waitlist, how do I find the “plan to enroll” tool? Is that only required for accepted applicants?

Out of curiosity, Is there any accepted applicant who still hasn’t gotten financial aid package?

Out of curiosity, Is there any accepted applicant who still hasn’t gotten financial aid package?
I haven't! I just got an email today saying that we'd receive them around mid-may, giving us enough time for the june 1 deadline

It’s interesting that they kept the April 30th deadline without finishing sending FA packages

It’s interesting that they kept the April 30th deadline without finishing sending FA packages
unfortunately I think the april 30th deadline is just required by amcas. I had a lot of schools not send me FA packages before april 30th :/

Does anyone have any idea how the IS waitlist is looking? Really hoping for an acceptance here, it’s my top choice 🤞🏻

Doesnt seem like there was any movement today. Hopefully tmr🙏
anyone hear anything (IS or OOS)? I’m convinced they are waiting until Monday.

Also hi everyone! I’m new here. I’m on the IS waitlist (around rank 10) and UW is my DREAM school. This waiting game has been really challenging for me and I’m constantly oscillating between thinking I have a chance and losing hope.

• Care
Reactions: 2 users

Also hi everyone! I’m new here. I’m on the IS waitlist (around rank 10) and UW is my DREAM school. This waiting game has been really challenging for me and I’m constantly oscillating between thinking I have a chance and losing hope.
I actually called earlier today. They said that they dont have any info about AL movement yet and because of the fafsa delay they are giving accepted students some more time to PTE/CTE until they see all their offers from UW and other schools.

Last edited:

Same here about the thinking I have a chance and losing hope, it’s super draining. Fingers crossed for some movement soon and good news for both of us! 😊

I actually called earlier today. They said that they dont have any info about AL movement yet and because of the fafsa delay they are giving accepted students some more time to PTE/CTE until they see all their offers from UW and other schools.
What’s PTE/CTE? Did they give you any timeline? This is reassuring to know

What’s PTE/CTE? Did they give you any timeline? This is reassuring to know
To choose the plan to enroll and commit to enroll on amcas. Didn’t get a timeline but @mylittlerowboat said they are sending FA by mid may so maybe after that? atleast thats what im telling myself so i dont obsessively check sdn in the next few days☹️

Just accepted off the waitlist (IS rank 1/99). Good luck to everyone still waiting to hear back

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Does anybody know if theres gonna be anymore movement😭? Or someone who called for an update?

Hi all, I was accepted yesterday from the in state waitlist. Good luck to everyone!!!

• Love