2023-2024 UT Rio Grande Valley

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just got it too. Idt I'd be able to make either date
Seems like most applicants will be in the same boat… I just emailed admissions asking for alternate dates available.

Members don't see this ad.

I’m getting an error:http 403 whenever I click the link to pay the fee for the secondary application. Does anyone have that issue or know how to resolve it? I emailed utrgv but they assumed I was asking about the video submission issue and said to send them an email to confirm the video went through.

Hi, I could be stupid questions; the two sessions of interviews (in-person & Zoom), are they scheduled to be completed on the same day? And i found three different campuses; which address is the correct one to make a hotel reservation? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi, I could be stupid questions; the two sessions of interviews (in-person & Zoom), are they scheduled to be completed on the same day? Thanks.
They are not the same day. After you have visited UTRGV in person, they will allow you to schedule your two Zoom interviews.
See recent post: #88

(non-RGV) IS II today :) completed July 2nd

Reactions: 7 users
Does anyone know what the group interview entails? Like what kind of activities or questions would we be asked? Not really familiar with this format/style of interview so any insight would be helpful.
+1 I have just scanned through the last 3 years of UTRGV's sdn and cannot find anything, anyone know what this would be for UTRGV? Is it like an activity we do? Or, is it just we are all sharing our experience? Or, something else?

+1 I have just scanned through the last 3 years of UTRGV's sdn and cannot find anything, anyone know what this would be for UTRGV? Is it like an activity we do? Or, is it just we are all sharing our experience? Or, something else?
also wondering the same thing!

Unfortunately, we were specifically asked to not share it on any forums, but I will say do not worry about it. There is no need to prepare, just go in with an open mind!

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Unfortunately, we were specifically asked to not share it on any forums, but I will say do not worry about it. There is no need to prepare, just go in with an open mind!
All through your life as a doctor you will be facing unpredictable situations. Giving your own reaction and not a rehearsed one is the point in interviews

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know if the individual zoom portion is traditional or MMI?

Checking the 2026 class profile... Class of 2026 | UTRGV
It seems like student representation is from only four counties (Rio Grandy 55%, Hidalgo 35%, Cameron 13%, and Starr 4%).
Does this mean all available seats are limited to these four Counties?

Members don't see this ad :)
Checking the 2026 class profile... Class of 2026 | UTRGV
It seems like student representation is from only four counties (Rio Grandy 55%, Hidalgo 35%, Cameron 13%, and Starr 4%).
Does this mean all available seats are limited to these four Counties?
No, and I don't like the way they present the stats each year in the same way because it's confusing.
The 3 biggest counties in the Rio Grande Valley are Cameron, Hidalgo, and Starr.
55% of the class came from the Rio Grande Valley meaning 45% came from other areas of Texas and only 2 from OOS.

I think those 3 county percentages don't add up perfectly to 55% (I get 52) because there is one more RGV county, Willacy, they didn't list.

Reactions: 1 user
No, and I don't like the way they present the stats each year in the same way because it's confusing.
The 3 biggest counties in the Rio Grande Valley are Cameron, Hidalgo, and Starr.
55% of the class came from the Rio Grande Valley meaning 45% came from other areas of Texas and only 2 from OOS.

I think those 3 county percentages don't add up perfectly to 55% (I get 52) because there is one more RGV county, Willacy, they didn't list.
Yes, what they are representing in the report is confusing. Let's hope they have a few openings for applicants outside that area.

Yes, what they are representing in the report is confusing. Let's hope they have a few openings for applicants outside that area.
Rio Grande is the region and 55% from that area sounds reasonable since the school exists to support the region.

For anyone who received the email to schedule the online interview day, are you seeing dates marked available on the sign up?

II IS this morning GPA: 3.81 MCAT: 509 no ties

Reactions: 8 users
I'm not sure if anyone is allowed to clarify but is the in person group interview a group activity or something similar to having an interviewer/panel?

IS II today at 1:45 pm! Complete 6/1 and bien and raised in the valley

Reactions: 5 users
This is last minute, haha, but I have my virtual interview tomorrow (I already did the group interview) and it says MMI on the portal, but everywhere else it says two 30-minute sessions. I am struggling with whether I should be prepared for an MMI-type setting (being given prompts), or if it is a more traditional interview.

This is last minute, haha, but I have my virtual interview tomorrow (I already did the group interview) and it says MMI on the portal, but everywhere else it says two 30-minute sessions. I am struggling with whether I should be prepared for an MMI-type setting (being given prompts), or if it is a more traditional interview.
Update: Part II is a traditional interview (in two separate 30-minute sessions) on Zoom, so don't get freaked out by seeing MMI on the portal. No pre-written prompt and time to think about it, just a conversation, and they will have reviewed your app beforehand.

Reactions: 4 users
Met some very interesting folks today at the group interview + great school & staff were very nice, worth the trip

Anyone know when we get the times for our virtual interview? They said to keep the whole day free but do they let us know ahead of time? I have mine this Tuesday.

for those of y’all that live across texas - did you drive or fly to the interview? I have a discount with united and i’m considering flying 🤔

for those of y’all that live across texas - did you drive or fly to the interview? I have a discount with united and i’m considering flying 🤔
If you fly into McAllen you can probably Uber/Lyft but if you fly into Harlingen you would need to rent a car too

II, IS today! Completed 07/24. Filled with joy! 🥹

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users
how did yall submit the video secondaries? Getting it under 30 mb is not working on my phone...

I would definitely record the video on your computer!
yep, can't do everything on your phone.
Phone cameras are so good, the files they create are huge.
@ifigetadellIIiwilldie You can send the video to yourself on your computer, then adjust or compress the file to the specified size.

yep, can't do everything on your phone.
Phone cameras are so good, the files they create are huge.
You can send the video to yourself on your computer, then adjust or compress the file to the specified size.
yep need to compress if you are recording in high mega pixel mode.

how did yall submit the video secondaries? Getting it under 30 mb is not working on my phone...

I compressed the video. You can look for websites that do this :) just make sure you review it after it’s compressed to make sure there isn’t any glitches

I compressed the video. You can look for websites that do this :) just make sure you review it after it’s compressed to make sure there isn’t any glitches
I also did this.

What is the dress code for the in-person group interview?