2023-2024 Pennsylvania State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Not good financial award..just 100k in loans. Withdrawing my acceptance as some other school gave me some $$ Good Luck!

Reactions: 6 users
@AstroSidekick

If I may... was also curious your perspective on anything at PSU that might have been good to know as a new MS please--any either lesser known but helpful tips, or tricky/laggy/quirky things that maybe make navigating the system or courses a little harder? I'll also ask this of my house upperclassmen when I get there :)

Thank you for being such a great big bro/sister to us on here!
Hey, sorry for the delay. OSCE season 😅

The first priority I would have enjoying life. I backpacked through Europe for all of May and it was amazing.

After that, create a moving plan to Hershey. Find apartments, get the size of the room, get houseplants, etc…

If you still have time, then I would suggest reviewing anatomy, especially if you have never taken it before. It’s a lot at once and because we learn the relevant anatomy concurrently to the block, it would be nice if you know general principles going in. For anyone who has Ankihub (highly recommend getting the lifetime membership tbh), get the 100 concepts in anatomy deck. It’s fantastic and it’s probably something I’ll redo over the summer.

Don’t worry about learning diseases, reviewing biochem, etc..That is what you are paying for so don’t do it for free. You won’t get far and you might waste time learning the wrong things. Also, don’t buy any 3rd party resources just yet.

If family/friends want to give you gift cards, I would ask for cash or Starbucks gift cards. You will get an engraved stethoscope at your white coat, a PSCOM white coat, and bunch of other “doctoring” things you need. Consider getting noise canceling AirPods because people can be loud in the libraries at the most inconvenient time.

Club fair will be in August when the M2s get back from summer and around then, you will be paired with an upperclassmen!

Lmk if that helps or if you/anyone else has questions about transitioning to med school

Reactions: 1 users
Putting out good energy for the WL people this week!!🤞🏻🤞🏻✨✨

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
I told myself I wouldn’t be neurotic but here I am checking the fb group numbers rise😅

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
To those who have received their financial aid awards, was it through email or portal? Were you PTE or CTE at that time? Also, when was your FAFSA processed?
CTE, my initial email, i have no idea when my FAFSA was processed but i submitted it around 3/15

Reactions: 1 user
To those who have received their financial aid awards, was it through email or portal? Were you PTE or CTE at that time? Also, when was your FAFSA processed?
email, PTE, fafsa was processed last month

Currently on the WL, got a call from the admissions office to go over my application with the dean. Really not sure what to expect!

Reactions: 5 users
Currently on the WL, got a call from the admissions office to go over my application with the dean. Really not sure what to expect!
Happy to know at least they’re moving lmao. But I also sense an A coming for you🙏🏼

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone else hear anything? Adcom isn’t responding to my telepathic messages
I’ve seen the fb numbers creep up in the last week but only 2 people on sdn have reported receiving phone calls. With all of the people who declined their seat by 5/17 I expected more :( unless everyone who is getting in just happens to be off of sdn

Reactions: 2 users