2023-2024 New York Medical College

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Am in the same position

I’d email them to ask but since it says we have 3 business days to accept when it opens, I think it means we have till Thursday.
Wondering if anyone else is in this position. NYMC offered me a scholarship (20k per year, for those curious). I am required to accept this scholarship by selecting "choose to enroll" within 3 days of April 30th. Does that mean I can wait till Friday to do it, or is it Thursday? Or is it possible to wait longer to commit to enroll while still holding the scholarship?

I'm waitlisted at my top choice and hoping to hear something but not sure what my chances are of that happening this week.
Hi - I don't mean to be invasive but would you mind talking about when you heard from them about your scholarship or if you reached out at all? I love this school but don't know if I can afford it :(

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi - I don't mean to be invasive but would you mind talking about when you heard from them about your scholarship or if you reached out at all? I love this school but don't know if I can afford it :(
I received the scholarship email a few days after my acceptance email but I never reached out to them

Members don't see this ad :)
Just withdrew my A, good luck to everyone! You deserve the world!!!!

Reactions: 5 users

I didn’t have to reach out to them, they sent it to me in February, about a month after I was accepted. I didn’t get scholarships from other schools so I didn’t try negotiating. They just notified that we have till Friday to accept our scholarships. So I imagine that next week they may start handing out the scholarships that were not accepted, if that’s how it works.

just FYI, looks like NYMC typically starts accepting off the WL on May 3rd or 4th based on the previous few cycles, so it’s possible Friday may be the first drop.

Reactions: 6 users
Is there an admitted student Facebook group, and if yes how many are on it? That may give a us sense of how much WL movement there will be…

They usually do Tues for most of the post ii decisions so maybe then?

They usually do Tues for most of the post ii decisions so maybe then?
I don’t think their Tuesday trend applies to WL as well. Last year the first WL report was May 5th which was a Friday.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Let’s hope tomorrow is the day!😬😬😬

west end live one day more GIF by Official London Theatre

Reactions: 2 users
I’ve seen some people on other threads say they called admissions to get an idea of when WL movement may start for their respective schools. Has anyone done that here?

Just called admissions. She said that she does not know when WL movement will start and that only the admissions committee know that, but it can happen any time between now and the beginning of classes (she didn’t mention anything about WL movement already starting, but it seems based off the “between NOW” that it should be soon!). She also said that she has no idea how much movement they expect because it’s different every year.

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Thank you for the update!
Just called admissions. She said that she does not know when WL movement will start and that only the admissions committee know that, but it can happen any time between now and the beginning of classes (she didn’t mention anything about WL movement already starting, but it seems based off the “between NOW” that it should be soon!). She also said that she has no idea how much movement they expect because it’s different every year.

not to burst any bubbles but i heard back on a wednesday and so did the decision release the time before me 😔
There are definitely some exceptions to the rule, but if you look back at most of the release dates it’s almost always on a Tuesday, and if not Tuesday then early Wednesday morning.

There are definitely some exceptions to the rule, but if you look back at most of the release dates it’s almost always on a Tuesday, and if not Tuesday then early Wednesday morning.
i really wish these schools would give any sort of idea of what’s going on like even just “we only release on tuesdays” would decrease so much of my anxiety

Reactions: 3 users
Man, this FAFSA delay is a killer. Tomorrow will be 3 days longer to start WL movement from any cycle I’ve checked. Idk why there even is a delay, NYMC hasn’t extended their PTE deadline as far as I know, so everyone should have already narrowed down to 1 school right?

Reactions: 2 users
Not even just NYMC - 3/4 schools i’m WL’d on haven’t started movement yet. Either this FASFA stuff is delaying it all or they’ve all conspired to drive us insane

Not even just NYMC - 3/4 schools i’m WL’d on haven’t started movement yet. Either this FASFA stuff is delaying it all or they’ve all conspired to drive us insane
Probably option B😂 I would say I’m worried that they over accepted but I don’t think that’s it. I checked a lot of the accepted profiles on SDN, most had at least 1 other A and many to more prestigious programs. And multiple people reported dropping seats on here. And the chances that all these schools who haven’t started WL movement over accepted… probably pretty low.

3/3 of my schools haven’t had any movement either… what is the hold up and when are they gonna communicate (even if it’s that we have to wait a while)

• Hmm
3/3 of my schools haven’t had any movement either… what is the hold up and when are they gonna communicate (even if it’s that we have to wait a while)
Not gonna lie i don’t anticipate any communication at all lol. Just will have to wait until either you get the email or someone posts an A on here

Not gonna lie i don’t anticipate any communication at all lol. Just will have to wait until either you get the email or someone posts an A on here
It’s gotta be soon right? Can’t be that much longer before they start to at least take SOME people off the WL?

It’s gotta be soon right? Can’t be that much longer before they start to at least take SOME people off the WL?
I mean yeah it should be soon. But I’m saying i don’t expect any sort of communication like “hey WL movement is delayed cause of XYZ expect movement on ABC” they’re just gonna do it when they get around to it and we’ll find out either by people posting here or by getting accepted ourselves

I mean yeah it should be soon. But I’m saying i don’t expect any sort of communication like “hey WL movement is delayed cause of XYZ expect movement on ABC” they’re just gonna do it when they get around to it and we’ll find out either by people posting here or by getting accepted ourselves
Well, let’s hope for movement this week…

I’m starting to think that maybe some people got off the waitlist and it just hasn’t been reported here? It’s just really been a while…

I’m starting to think that maybe some people got off the waitlist and it just hasn’t been reported here? It’s just really been a while…
I don’t think so. There is a high likelihood that at least 1 person would have reported it. Also, a lot of other schools have reported 0 WL movement, so this is not exclusive to NYMC. The general consensus is that this is probably due to the FAFSA delay (although idk how that applies to NYMC) so I guess we just have to wait and see.

Per this post, as of Monday WL movement allegedly hasn’t started

Per this post, as of Monday WL movement allegedly hasn’t started
I probably should have asked outright if WL movement had started yet, but I suspect if it had she would have told me. Maybe if there is still no movement by next week then someone else can call and see what’s up? I saw on the Stony Brook page that admissions told someone that movement for that school will start next week.

I probably should have asked outright if WL movement had started yet, but I suspect if it had she would have told me. Maybe if there is still no movement by next week then someone else can call and see what’s up? I saw on the Stony Brook page that admissions told someone that movement for that school will start next week.
Yeah I’ve been stalking that thread too haha. Idk, maybe next week it is. Or maybe tonight. Literally who knows

Yeah I’ve been stalking that thread too haha. Idk, maybe next week it is. Or maybe tonight. Literally who knows
Legit. I’ve been stalking a bunch of threads just to get an idea of how many schools WL movement are delayed. A LOT are having this issue.

And yup. An A could literally pop up in our inbox at any time on any day for the next 2 and a half months. Brutal. I envy those on ranked WLs who can see their chances, because I could be high on their list or all the way on the bottom.

Legit. I’ve been stalking a bunch of threads just to get an idea of how many schools WL movement are delayed. A LOT are having this issue.

And yup. An A could literally pop up in our inbox at any time on any day for the next 2 and a half months. Brutal. I envy those on ranked WLs who can see their chances, because I could be high on their list or all the way on the bottom.
Yes. This system is completely not fair. Not a shred of sympathy from the schools.
And they know that we will leave our jobs, our lease, our family and arrangement and move across the country on a day’s notice if we get off the waitlist. So they know they can do whatever they want.

Reactions: 4 users
Perhaps tomorrow will be the day friends.

FYI If y’all want to see the worst case scenario of a NYMC waitlist year, go look at 2018-19😬😬😬

Perhaps tomorrow will be the day friends.

FYI If y’all want to see the worst case scenario of a NYMC waitlist year, go look at 2018-19😬😬😬
i mean this with peace and love but you need to get off of sdn 😭 like do not lurk in past threads. this is beyond your control at this point. i know its hard bc im obv here as well lol but im trying to focus on other things while waiting. i suggest you and everyone else do so as well. we will hear back when we hear back and no amount of posting on here will change that timeline.

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
i mean this with peace and love but you need to get off of sdn 😭 like do not lurk in past threads. this is beyond your control at this point. i know its hard bc im obv here as well lol but im trying to focus on other things while waiting. i suggest you and everyone else do so as well. we will hear back when we hear back and no amount of posting on here will change that timeline.
Oh I know I do😂 I have a terrible addiction though. The second this cycle is over I want to somehow ban this site from my phone forever. Alas, until then, I’m stuck refreshing here😩.

Going to be withdrawing, best of luck to those on WL!

Reactions: 3 users
did everyone receive an email asking to confirm they wanted to be on the alternate list? not the original waitlist decision email, another one

did everyone receive an email asking to confirm they wanted to be on the alternate list? not the original waitlist decision email, another one
No but sent an interest letter like a month ago so maybe they wouldn’t question my continued interest