2023-2024 Charles R Drew

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
no secondary yet 8/25. i imagine they are getting to it

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone, can someone explain the letter of rec requirement? The MSAR doesn't have requirements but on the CDU website, they do. Does anyone know what the actual thing is? How many can we send?

Reactions: 1 user
Is it weird that I have not received a secondary yet?

Has anyone had luck getting a secondary with a pass/fail in any of these classes? I got a COVID-19 grade p/f for Physics 1, and I want to know how strict they are about p/f.
Screenshot 2023-09-01 at 4.26.40 PM.png

It seems like applicants verified in august haven’t been reviewed yet.

Reactions: 1 users
I saw that last year peeps were still receiving secondaries in November. Also saw that the first II was 12/9 o_O so it might be a while? Hoping its sooner this year :cryi:

I have no secondary yet, and my primary was verified 7/18. What are they looking for when they screen? 🦄

I have no secondary yet, and my primary was verified 7/18. What are they looking for when they screen? 🦄
Idk at this point. I feel like I’m such a good mission fit but I’m sure there’s others like me

Members don't see this ad :)
Idk at this point. I feel like I’m such a good mission fit but I’m sure there’s others like me
Same. URM, disadvantage, first generation. grew up 10 minutes away from the school. Want to do primary care and practice in the same area since I grew up here. But my gpa and mcat are horrible. Just shooting my shot I guess :(

It may just take a while for them to get the rest of the secondaries out. Remember that they are a new medical school and trying to dwindle numbers down to 60 matriculants is definitely tricky.

Secondary for CDU received 8/14...

For those asking what they look for -- I have more than 10,000 hours of clinical experience working with the underserved.

and FYI -- After I submitted the secondary I got an email saying that they will start to send II in Feb 2024.

I hope this helps calm some hearts.

For those asking what they look for -- I have more than 10,000 hours of clinical experience working with the underserved.

and FYI -- After I submitted the secondary I got an email saying that they will start to send II in Feb 2024.

My email states that they send interviews through Feb 2024, so I believe they should start anytime from now until Feb

My email states that they send interviews through Feb 2024, so I believe they should start anytime from now until Feb
You're correct... totally read that wrong!

Did yall get confirmation email for when you turned in secondary?

It might indeed be clinical hours since I received secondaries before my latest MCAT came out. Havnt heard anything since the confirmation email

Honestly, according to the school website and class size it is really competitive to get into. So getting a secondary early is a good indicator you’re competitive. Just relax and be patient.

My email says they will send II thru Feb 2024 not in Feb 2024

It might indeed be clinical hours since I received secondaries before my latest MCAT came out. Havnt heard anything since the confirmation email
How many hours? I had 630, hopefully that's enough

I am not sure, I doubt it is the case but you can ask others to see
i did not have nowhere near thousands of hours and I got a secondary, so I don't believe its the hours but more particularly the experiences?

Reactions: 3 users
damm... after seeing that you guys were talking about clinical hours I went to check mine and I put 1600 instead of 16,000 ugh im dumbbbbb

• Sad
Congratulations!!!. when did you submit your secondaries and if you dont mind sharing stats ?
Thank you! I was complete on 7/5. My stats are uGPA 3.3X, grad gpa 3.9+ and 513 MCAT!

Thank you! I was complete on 7/5. My stats are uGPA 3.3X, grad gpa 3.9+ and 513 MCAT!
Oh you were already meant to be a doctor, my apologies for wasting your time lol. That is a great score !!!

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Oh you were already meant to be a doctor, my apologies for wasting your time lol. That is a great score !!!
Haha thanks! You are meant to be a doctor too -- wishing for all the success to come your way and multiple A's!

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Congratulations to people who have received an II.
I’m just wondering why I haven’t received secondaries yet 😅

Hi everyone, can someone explain the letter of rec requirement? The MSAR doesn't have requirements but on the CDU website, they do. Does anyone know what the actual thing is? How many can we send?
they accept 3-5 letters. to my understanding, there are no specific requirements to who they prefer to write them

I got a call from them today to schedule my interview. It is virtual, they had a slot on Sept 9 or 20th and i chose the 20th

Reactions: 2 users