Need you advice!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dentalkid434

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
What schools have you applied to??

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey, remember me?? We have almost exactly the same stats in terms of GPA and DAT. I am the one with the redbull and you are the one with the smoothie :)

I ended up applying to 21 schools, and have received 2 pre-december interviews. I made sure to apply to schools within my reach :) Try to look into other schools to see if you have a shot. I think you will receive interviews, maybe not pre-december but for sure post-december. IMO, don't retake your DAT, I think you have to be patient at this point :)

1. international?
2. cc credits?

No, not international and absolutely no CC credits.

Hey, remember me?? We have almost exactly the same stats in terms of GPA and DAT. I am the one with the redbull and you are the one with the smoothie :)

I ended up applying to 21 schools, and have received 2 pre-december interviews. I made sure to apply to schools within my reach :) Try to look into other schools to see if you have a shot. I think you will receive interviews, maybe not pre-december but for sure post-december. IMO, don't retake your DAT, I think you have to be patient at this point :)

Hey, so great to hear from you!...That is so awesome! So happy for you...keep us updated :)

What schools did you get pre-December interviews for?

Hey, so great to hear from you!...That is so awesome! So happy for you...keep us updated :)

What schools did you get pre-December interviews for?

UConn Nov 5th and Nova 9th. They both invited me one day after my DAT was mailed out, maybe try those schools since they seem to work very fast :)

Wait, don't apply to UConn, i think they prefer in state and New England area ( I am from MA)

if your committee letter was submitted in 9/28, your application was probably completed in early October. Most schools do not review your application until all materials are received. So you should give more time for the schools to get back to you. Otherwise, your stats are great.

Thank you all...I guess now all that I can do is play the waiting game. This outta be fun :rolleyes:

I think you will get plenty of interviews and at least several acceptances. Great stats. hold tight.

I didn't know getting in dental schools is this difficult.

Hello all,

I am applying to dental schools this cycle and still have not heard anything back from schools. I called up each of my schools to ensure my application is complete, so that is not the issue.

Here are my stats:

Overall gpa: 3.93
Science gpa: 3.87

DAT AA: 20
DAT TS: 22

QR:17
RC:18
Biology: 22
Chemistry: 22
Organic: 21
PAT: 20

Great extracurriculars, shadowing, volunteer work, and recommendations.

Are my scores competitive more schools like Maryland and UMichigan?...

What are your thoughts? Should I take the DAT again?

5th batch
DAT scores received 9/14
Committee letter submitted 9/28

Schools:

UPenn
Columbia
Maryland
UMichigan
NYU
NY state schools
UMDNJ

Title should read: Need your advice*...was typing on my iPod at the time of the post.

theres you porblem buddy. patience

theres you porblem buddy. patience

Thanks for the support! ;) I just checked my aadsas page again and noticed that my committee letter was submitted on 9/24 and not 9/28 (and I corrected my original post), but most schools confirmed that my application was complete on 9/25 and a few schools a week later...just hoping for the best at this stage :luck:

I think you might get some post december interviews. I'm feeling 3 or 4 possibly around mid-late Jan to Feb ish.